Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:02 pm

I'm confused about Fright Lane. Is it like a skip the line for the haunts?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Yep.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:10 am

prozach626 wrote:I'm confused about Fright Lane. Is it like a skip the line for the haunts?

I've never done it at KI but I believe it's like other CF parks where you can only skip the line for each maze once. That's why if you don't buy Fright Lane, you basically just have to wait until later in the night when everyone has used their skips to have no waits for anything. The mazes aren't as good by then, IMO, since the scareactors are usually over it at that point and you don't get to laugh at everyone else as much (or have others to buffer the number of scares directly posed at you, if you're a scaredy cat like me and don't particularly like it like that), but you can get basically any maze you didn't get done earlier. Or just marathon night Beast, Timbers, and Diamondback.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby prozach626 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:59 pm

^For an extra $50/person it seems worth it. We're already paying $50 regular admission, $90 FL+, fun pix, parking, etc. Not to mention taking the five and a half hour drive starting at 5am. At least our hotel stay is free.

The girls usually like to hit at least a few haunts early. Last time we spent about two hours waiting in a few haunts, before the torrential rainfall moved in around 930pm. I'd rather spend more time drinking beer and relaxing. We like to drink several easy paced beers on our normal park trips. On Haunts we like to go pretty hard... Outside of BGW trips, it's our 'cut loose' park visit.

The good thing about the haunts is that Emily clings to me like a 12 year old girl and screams, so they always go after us. I usually just laugh and enjoy the show. Outside of Knowbel's Haunted Mansion it takes a lot to startle me.

I think everything is in the works to visit KI mid-late October.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:(or have others to buffer the number of scares directly posed at you, if you're a scaredy cat like me and don't particularly like it like that)

:lol: She's not not lying about the whole "using others as a buffer thing, either! But when the scare actors DO get her, it's priceless! :lmao:

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Or just marathon night Beast, Timbers, and Diamondback.

THIS. This is why going to KI for Haunt is now an annual event for me personally! Oh, and Banshee too! It's a great night ride, regardless of what its haters say! ;) (And whatever you do, don't skip Adventure Express at night!) Can't wait to take my oldest three kids to KI for Haunt and night rides for the first time two weeks from today! :b

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 am

DILinator wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:(or have others to buffer the number of scares directly posed at you, if you're a scaredy cat like me and don't particularly like it like that)

:lol: She's not not lying about the whole "using others as a buffer thing, either! But when the scare actors DO get her, it's priceless! :lmao:

Called me out. :lol: You should have seen me at Horror Nights last night. It went just like you'd expect it to go. Lots of screaming and jumping and clinging to my friend's backpack except when there was a scary animatronic or puppet, then it was "GO GO GO GO GO!!" :lol: Also lots of beer. Plenty of beer. =)

prozach626 wrote:^For an extra $50/person it seems worth it. We're already paying $50 regular admission, $90 FL+, fun pix, parking, etc. Not to mention taking the five and a half hour drive starting at 5am. At least our hotel stay is free.

The girls usually like to hit at least a few haunts early. Last time we spent about two hours waiting in a few haunts, before the torrential rainfall moved in around 930pm. I'd rather spend more time drinking beer and relaxing. We like to drink several easy paced beers on our normal park trips. On Haunts we like to go pretty hard... Outside of BGW trips, it's our 'cut loose' park visit.

The good thing about the haunts is that Emily clings to me like a 12 year old girl and screams, so they always go after us. I usually just laugh and enjoy the show. Outside of Knowbel's Haunted Mansion it takes a lot to startle me.

I think everything is in the works to visit KI mid-late October.

Sounds like you guys have a solid plan. Hmu when you guys think you might be going, I'd love to meet you all and share a few beers!

I'm probably going Saturday, September 22 and then Friday the 28 with DILinator, then probably most Fridays after that if I have them off. I know I'll be there Oct 19 with my friend who is visiting from CA. Anyone who is planning on going to Haunt and would like to meet up, lmk! That's how I met DILinator and we're good friends now. :)
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby prozach626 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:35 pm

If it's just Emily and I, we will most definitely hit you up!

If Emily's sister and her brother-in-law go, it depends on what they want to do. My brother-in-law, although my best friend who I've known since HS, can be kind of passive aggressive if we do something he doesn't want to do. If he gets bitchy it's always a real buzz kill by being quiet and shutting down on being fun. Last time we went he was pretty much into marathoning rides and drinking beer as much as possible, which was a surprise. (He's hooked, now.) They're not quite sure if they can go yet, because he may have to go out of town for work. We're shooting for 10/20.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby WolfBobs » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Lintemuthstudios wrote:https://m.facebook.com/cprundown/photos/a.412467848846326/1940778889348540/?type=3&source=57&__tn__=EH-R

Please be Vortex! :lmao:

With Dorney having removed Stinger I also would not be surprised if Invertigo was removed. However, I doubt that would play into anything for the rumored 2020 B&M. Except maybe a turn around or station area for a "gate coaster."

It'll be fun to watch this develop over the next year until 2020 is announced.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Please be Invertigo and not Vortex. I absolutely adore Vortex.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!