Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby LiftThrill » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:27 am

I mean, my favorite coaster is Millennium Force followed by one of the "lamest" RMCs (or so they say) so it's not like intense is my immediate go-to thing either :lol: I just find it odd that people talk about the giga so much when the park already has a tall, fast, rerideable coaster and an insane supporting tier. But when I look at KI's lineup, if I want to be laughing from stuff that's ridiculous and intense, I'd probably go for Flight of Fear (or maybe Mystic Timbers. honestly, Mystic Timbers may nullify my argument entirely. I've heard people say it's the best GCI, and if that's true then I'm probably completely wrong because GCI is pretty good at that whole "intense" thing).

Bill, I'm ashamed to say that I completely forgot that The Bat existed for a second there. Forgive my transgression. The Bat is awesome.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:00 am

Considering Banshee now resides on its plot of land...and that it would probably cost $35 million to build (it was built “cheaply” for $20.5 million in 1999)...I can’t imagine Kings Island bringing Son of Beast back to life. BUT, in today’s day & age, given how reboots dominate Hollywood and nostalgia is more popular than ever, I can’t think of an addition the GP would eat up more. Especially if it was done correctly this time.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:44 am

I don't think that would be a good Idea to recreate SOB. The layout was basically a bunch of helices and a loop.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:28 pm

I can see the possibility of a new coaster being named Son of Beast, but I don't think for a minute it will be recreated. I also think that with Kings Island's three good wood offerings, with two of them being really good, that whenever the next roller coasters hits King's Island it won't be wooden.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Yubstep101 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 pm

I was thinking a Topper Track with a loop, since RMC has started working with Cedar Fair.
Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Wicked Cyclone 3. Millennium Force 4. Skyrush 5. Iron Rattler 6. Goliath (SFOG) 7. Lightning Run 8. Diamondback 9. Nitro 10. Superman The Ride (SFNE)

Top 10 Wood: 1. El Toro 2. Mystic Timbers 3. The Voyage 4. The Beast 5. Goliath (SFGAM) 6. Shivering Timbers 7. American Thunder 8. Lightning Racer 9. Hades 360 10. Prowler (WOF)

Coaster Count: 182

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:51 pm

With the same layout or modified? I'm sure it used the terrain in some way so I wouldn't think a close copy of the layout would be possible. I also think it would take a lot of convincing for people who remember the brutal ride and the injuries to overlook any similarities. It just seems like a bad idea to use that name on any type of a wooden coaster for marketing purposes. Bat is an exception, since the problem wasn't the ridership or enjoyment, but with the engineering flaws in the ride.

Beast sequel with RMC topper track - Possible? Yes. Likely? In my own opinion, no.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Since Son of Beast is tainted... How about... Daughter of beast?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm

This is fantastic. Daughter can definitely be more terrifying compared to sons...

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby sdcfan88 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 am

I was thinking a plausible RMC Topper/Hybrid combining prior RMC designs done with Outlaw Run, Steel Vengeance, and Wildfire and it being called "Revenge Of The Beast".

Less likely would be a more classic design done by GCI, and if it were GCI to take on the task, it could be that company's largest coaster to date if that were to happen. With the same name as above. Like a bad movie sequel/remake. (but not actually bad this time around)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Or maybe "Son of Beast" could be a code-name for a possible Giga coming to KI?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!