Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:09 pm

This ride stands no chance of airtime if it uses the standard Premire lap bars because there is no air to be had on Flight of Fear or Son Of Beast. They're so large and heavy they keep you from moving anywhere.
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:25 pm

See and I kinda think it looks cool.

--Robb "Although I agree with my woman about the trains." Alvey

So there's a split vote in the Alvey household on this one... :lol:

I pretty much like any kind of coaster so long as it doesn't beat the crap out of my head, so I am sure I will like this ride. My biggest issue-and one I have read on another coaster forum a while back (CoasterBuzz) is whether or not PKI will keep the special effects operating.

Shari "I'll tell you all about it once it opens" Shoufler

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby NitroJoeC » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:15 pm

Stitch wrote:This ride stands no chance of airtime if it uses the standard Premire lap bars because there is no air to be had on Flight of Fear or Son Of Beast. They're so large and heavy they keep you from moving anywhere.

Funny, I FLY out of my seat on Revenge of the Mummy three times during the coaster section. I'd say there's definitely a chance of some nice airtime on IJ.

The new system they use is light years better than the previous trains Premier designed for the park.

JC

PS Elissa, I would think you would have loved this addition - seems kinda on park with Kanonen in the respect that they're both very short height wise but solid layouts. What doesn't impress you about it?

Sexiest Lips in South Carolina!

Postby Homey G. » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:04 pm

Your hair doesn't impress me!

Tzzzzzzziiizz! *Zinger*

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby NitroJoeC » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Quiet, Brian. The adults are talking.

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:13 pm

These trains look like cardboard cutouts! Why are there no fronts to them. It's just like they've been painted on..

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby GAcoaster » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:00 pm

It looks cute, but not "run right over to PKI to ride it" exciting.

If they built The Addams Family coaster (which is what I voted for in the ride survey), I'd be camped out in the parking lot right now! :P

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:09 pm

As far as the Premier Coasters/Lapbars/Airtime...

They give great airtime! Just because you're stapled does not mean you don't feel the airtime!! Sometimes I think it's better to be stapled because you really can feel your body pressing against the restraints with insane airtime! I agree with Joe, Mummy gives at least 2 places with ejector air!

As for Italian Job...I'll be honest, the main thing that disappoints me is that it's at PKI! :lol: That park just does not do it for me! I don't like the rides, and it seems to have really poor crowd control and queues. As for the ride, it just looks really cheesy. At least Mummy is in the dark so you can't see just how cheesy the black light posters look. I'm concerned that between mediocre theming, poor capacity, breakdowns and an okay ride...it just won't do it for me.

Elissa "prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong...seriously I hope it's great! I never hope for a bad coaster!" Alvey

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!

Postby memphish » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:32 pm

I think it will be a pretty fun ride. I'm not expecting it to be intense or incredibly thrilling, but just a nice ride. I just hope PKI keeps the themeing up and well maintained beyond the first season.

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:29 am

memphish wrote:I think it will be a pretty fun ride. I'm not expecting it to be intense or incredibly thrilling, but just a nice ride. I just hope PKI keeps the themeing up and well maintained beyond the first season.

Usually themeing on these kind of rides always stay in top shape. Seeing as how the parks don't have to do so much with it after its built.

Michael " Only SFMM would let themeing rot" Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!