Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:31 pm

NitroJoeC wrote:^It's supposed to be like asphalt. I think it works really well since it's not really all about the ride "track" as it is about the ride experience (focusing on the scenes and such).

Joe "maybe a small yellow stripe down the middle would be cool though" C.

Thats true, I guess I didn't really think about the ride being on a road or asphalt, that matches the theme pretty good, and im sure it might turn out well when its all complete. Do you know for sure if they will do any effects to the track like CP did for dragster to make it feel faster? I was wondering if they may paint the ties holding the rails, but realized if they would have done that, it would have been shipped that way.

I just thought from Yours and Keith's video, that the track might have kindof a color scheme like yellow and white to it. (but sometimes promotional videos use different colors showing the ride before its built, I learned that when BGT did the video for SheiKra).

-Justin

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby NitroJoeC » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:55 pm

Heh, well it's not my video, Keith did everything. I just get to share the bed with him. ;)

The park originally was going to have it painted yellow, but after seeing how bright and attention grabbing it was on the ride animation, they decided to go the route of ash gray - a very wise choice, I say.

Joe "just a bit over two months to go woohoo" C.

White Castle fries only come in one size

Postby Bubba Z » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:26 pm

I'm surprised they have two red cars, shouldn't one of them be white like in the movie?

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:51 pm

OK, these definately make me more excited about this coaster. I'll be honest, when this ride was announced, I was a little bummed. Then I saw the video on the PKI website and that excited me a little bit more. These pictures pretty much made me determine that I HAVE to make a visit ti PKI this year. This thing is definately looking pretty cool.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:55 pm

^See that's what's cool and weird about all of us in the coaster community...seeing those pictures made me confident in my decision not to bother with PKI this year!

To each their own!

Elissa "cute idea for the cars...but they still look kind of cheap to me" Alvey

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:33 am

I'm sorry but honestly that has to be the sillyest looking ride ever... I mean this rivals some of the worst things posted on this site.

Seriously what was Paramount thinking... They have much better movies. They better make a Sky Captain ride...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:01 am

See and I kinda think it looks cool.

--Robb "Although I agree with my woman about the trains." Alvey

Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:13 am

I still think it looks like a large family coaster that will indeed put me to sleep time and time again.

Eric "I am glad I am through with PKI" Gallagher
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 am

Great pictures. That new coaster looks nice, I think it would be a trip worth. But I am disappointed about the car design. :( The Mini cars looked much better in the video.

--Soeren
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:46 am

Hey folks...This is just a thought but im sure everything isnt done with the trains. Besides if you look at the last car its not even attached to it yet. Im sure decals and logo's are going to be placed on it. I have been to paramount's carowinds 3 times and every time I go and think a ride is complete more themeing shows up on it so lets calm down and wait until the finish product comes out.....then we can complain! :lol:
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!