Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1546 - Mystic Timbers Media Event w/ SHED REVEAL!
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot] and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby KPfan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Going to be visiting the park this weekend. Any good places nearby for local craft beers and food?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:52 am

Would a Sunday in late September or a Sunday sometime in October be more busy? Debating when to use up the second day on my two-day ticket. (Also considering getting a Gold pass for a possible extra visit this year and all next season.)
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby drummermattk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Just wanted to say something about the whole rumor that Mystic could get trimmed. It would be the park's call, however though, GCI themselves mentioned the idea to the park as the mag brakes would wear out easily (thus overshooting and that is not fun to evacuate from because you cannot move SHIT). I will state hat there has already been about 50-75 feet of track that has already been replaced mostly because of the upstops.................so yeah it may beat itself to death lol.
Top 5 Steel: 1.Fury 325 2. Phantom's Revenge 3. Maverick 4. Afterburn 5. Storm Chaser
Top 5 Woodies: 1.Lightning Rod 2. Voyage 3.Beast 4.Jack Rabbit 5.Legend
check out CoasterMatt Productions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCEIBVYHqjtsfqAHCCO0mzQ/videosImage]

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby adamico2 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:Would a Sunday in late September or a Sunday sometime in October be more busy? Debating when to use up the second day on my two-day ticket. (Also considering getting a Gold pass for a possible extra visit this year and all next season.)

Sundays in the fall are rarely busy. If the weather is really nice, there will be some crowds; other than that, the place will be empty.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Ride On_17 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:45 pm

New trip report from my trip to the park last Sunday! The park was really busy but took advantage of Dollar Days and had some great riding. Check it out here!
20170903_194642_zpsgkwj0ryg.JPG
thrillsawait.weebly.com
Home park: Cedar Point
Coast count: 101
Top 5 coasters: 1) El Toro 2) Millennium Force 3) Fury 325 4) Maverick 5) Top Thrill Dragster

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm

I've heard a building has been torn down at KI. I'm not familiar with the park. Was it a restaurant?

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Ape » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:48 am

Coney Mall Potato Works. Its across the midway from the Racer entrance. I have heard the store next to it called Attitude or something like that is getting the ax as well.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby kenban » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:52 am

The rumor that is going around is they are replacing both Attitudes and the Coney Potato Works with a smokehouse restaurant similar to what was built in the water park for this year. No one is actually sure Attitudes is being torn down at this point, there is a belief it will just be gutted. There is a wood fence around both buildings but only the Potato Works has actually been torn down right now. Seems a little large for just a restaurant, Attitudes on its own is 100' x 100'. Total we are looking at around 100' by 170'.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 pm

If anyone has any idea . . . . how many riders has Mystic Timbers done this year?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Jason Maier wrote:If anyone has any idea . . . . how many riders has Mystic Timbers done this year?

Over 1 million. http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/local/kings-island-celebrates-millionth-rider-mystic-timbers-roller-coaster/yikDYj3sZMURfR4U1IItjJ/

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!