Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 am

coasterbill wrote:Just a friendly reminder that Bat exists, it’s intense and it’s great.

I ride Bat everytime I go to KI, and it's one of the better Arrow Suspended coasters still in operation. But intense? Not exactly how I would describe it! :lol:

Now, on the other hand...

prozach626 wrote:It's all subjective, but I think the majority of the non coaster enthusiasts consider Diamondback, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers pretty intense. I'd hate to be the type of enthusiast that needs more than that to consider a ride fun, thrilling, and intense. I'm not quite sure when 230 feet at 80 mph became obsolete, but I'm glad I haven't moved on. Then again, I may focus too much on enjoyment and appreciation rather than comparison. In a world where Millennium Force is lame I guess King's Island sucks.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

I'll never understand people who can ride any coasters like those three Zach mentioned, and say they're not intense, or thrilling! I don't really have anything to add, because what he said is 100% how I feel about it.

Personally, I think KI is an awesome park, with a ton of fun coasters and rides, and a great place for kids as well! Plus, they have the best Amusement Park Halloween Haunt, in my opinion! I'm planning to take my kids and girlfriend there this year, for their first time, in what will probably be my only remaining coaster trip of the year. It's become an annual tradition, as it's SO great! =)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 am

Jason Maier wrote:Or maybe "Son of Beast" could be a code-name for a possible Giga coming to KI?

I'm not trying to argue, but what's your logic other than slapping the name on any new coaster? I'd like to think so, but I don't see any indication of a giga. Then again, I don't look too much into teasers.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Cedar Fair likes to mess with over-analyzing enthusiasts as much as anybody, so as much as I would LOVE an RMC SOB, I remain skeptical that this is anything more than a fun attempt by CF at trying to stir sh*t up...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:50 pm

^Totally right there with you.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:23 am

How about Beast of Steel? Its layout would be exactly the same as Beast, but made of steel. Also there would be six barrel rolls in the shed.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:46 am

... don’t go in the shed...

They would not do that, waste of modern technology dubbing a 70s coaster in steel. This is Kings Island, they will do better than that.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:33 am

I've wanted to see RMC try a vertical loop on one of their original creations if the logistics would work out, such as weight of the trains and effect on the structure, etc.. I guess KI would be the place to do it if they're ever going to.
Total: 240 | Steel: 183 | Wooden: 57

Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:01 pm

KI getting an RMC of any variety would pretty much solidify its lineup perfectly, maybe more so than a giga.
The trifecta of Diamondback as the huge, fun crowd-pleaser (that is awesome regardless of its lack of intensity), MT as a transition coaster that pretty much anyone can enjoy, from enthusiast down to kids who won't ride anything that goes upside down but wants to try something bigger, and whatever craziness RMC throws in fills that out with a more fast-paced focused experience that may not be as intimidating as Diamondback but gives it a run for its money in terms of thrill factor.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Brassinthegrass wrote:... don’t go in the shed...

They would not do that, waste of modern technology dubbing a 70s coaster in steel. This is Kings Island, they will do better than that.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm on to something. You know how Beast is better at night? Well, it's always going to be night on Steel Beast. They'll just get rid of the sun in that area of the park and instead have a moon, so as you walk over to Steel Beast it becomes night and your ride is awesome.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CoasterInk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Why not just build a GIANT shed over the entire ride to mimic night, then have those 6 barrel rolls outside the shed to screw with enthusiasts?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!