TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

they could make them orange like old ones, I do not understand why they get lost in details like these

blacks are really ugly

They did it just to upset you specifically.

Probably cause the orange seats went to s**t from all the nasty head grease. So this will solve that problem. It's not getting lost in the details, but noticing that those details needed to be changed.

The real question is how many new credits to count Diamondback with black seats. Are they all the same shade of black, or are there some blacker blacks than could provide a substantially different ride experience and therefore be another credit? I think to be safe, we should count this as 32 new credits.

they could make them orange like old ones, I do not understand why they get lost in details like these

blacks are really ugly

Black won't show the dirt and sweat they collect so easy. For a presentation, it will look cleaner.

The real question is how many new credits to count Diamondback with black seats. Are they all the same shade of black, or are there some blacker blacks than could provide a substantially different ride experience and therefore be another credit? I think to be safe, we should count this as 32 new credits.

The real question is how jealous are you going to be when I'm on the first train of the year in the new seats it's pretty much equal to being the first rider opening year who cares about credits it's about the first train of the day and the last train of the day

Diamondback is really getting ready to turn 10!? Man, I swear, rollercoasters make me feel old quicker than anything else. Like, I really didn't need BGW to tell me that Alpie was turning 20 this past year. That was the first coaster that I ever rode the year it was built...

*sulks off wondering where time goes*

blacks are really ugly

FINALLY!! I feel like we had to wait way too long for someone to complain about the seats!

The real question is how jealous are you going to be when I'm on the first train of the year in the new seats it's pretty much equal to being the first rider opening year who cares about credits it's about the first train of the day and the last train of the day

Thank you! I enjoy reading between the lines.

Diamondback is really getting ready to turn 10!? Man, I swear, rollercoasters make me feel old quicker than anything else.

Diamondback opened the day after I joined TPR! Crazy how it both does and doesn't seem "new."

I wasn't expecting to have particular feelings about the new seats, but I like 'em.

B&M's hold up really well. Aside from a little paint fade, the ride still seems new and exciting to me. I've only been riding it for 4 or 5 years and it's definitely my favorite hyper. I'm curious how it will hold up to Skyrush this summer, since I'm more partial to smooth, fast, and comfortable, vs. smooth, fast, and bucking bronco.

^ Skyrush is definitely a different animal, that's for sure.

I need to get back there soon to try it out a few more times. The first time that I rode it, I wasn't a fan, but the 2nd time was more fun. I would like to try one of the inner seats next time too.

I305 was like that for me as well...I didn't like it before it was re-profiled because of the grey-outs. After the re-profile and a few more rides since, it has grown on me a lot to the point where I now have it in my Top 5 coasters.

Count me as a Diamondback fan too. Great coaster and I dig the Halloween-looking trains/seats!

B&M's hold up really well. Aside from a little paint fade, the ride still seems new and exciting to me. I've only been riding it for 4 or 5 years and it's definitely my favorite hyper. I'm curious how it will hold up to Skyrush this summer, since I'm more partial to smooth, fast, and comfortable, vs. smooth, fast, and bucking bronco.

I'm quite a fan of both rides. I think honestly you'll probably like Diamondback a little better. They're very different rides, and are excellent for different reasons. Diamondback does the classic roller coaster stuff to perfection. Skyrush will change your expectations of what a roller coaster can do. But what's really important is that both parks have a beer man.

I'm curious how it will hold up to Skyrush this summer, since I'm more partial to smooth, fast, and comfortable, vs. smooth, fast, and bucking bronco.

I'd be surprised if Skyrush won out here. I tend not to rank coasters, but Diamondback is way up there toward the top for me — maybe even my favorite coaster period. That's because all its airtime is drawn-out and very smooth, and the whole ride is just enjoyable and fun from start to finish. I found Skyrush to be the exact opposite, even though I still rode it a whole bunch of times.

Probably cause the orange seats went to s**t from all the nasty head grease. So this will solve that problem. It's not getting lost in the details, but noticing that those details needed to be changed.

I have to agree. Visited in 2010 and then again in 2016 and you could see how bad those seats in the head rest area had deteriorated over those years turning them black and making them look ugly. Thankfully the seats had nothing to do the airtime thrills it provides.

• 2 weeks later...