TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Also, avoid Vortex unless you need the credit.

If credit is required: last car, front row, brace hard.

(The airtime on the first drop is quite frightening there!)

Is that generally the "magic seat" for any custom Arrow looper, or does this only apply to Vortex?

Also, avoid Vortex unless you need the credit.

If credit is required: last car, front row, brace hard.

(The airtime on the first drop is quite frightening there!)

Is that generally the "magic seat" for any custom Arrow looper, or does this only apply to Vortex?

I cannot guarantee it works for other Arrows (It's a "magic seat" for a lot of old school Vekomas, tho). I'd typically only do one ride on Vortex using that seat and survive just fine with some bracing on transitions for the second half of the coaster.

But who knows, maybe I've been missing out on something better this whole time:

Middle row front car all the way, unless you're the type of person who's contemplating going down Niagra Falls in a barrel.

And intensity and lack of smoothness is almost a non factor for me. I am a big fan of The Boss.

This is great news. In this case, every one of Kings Island's coasters is smooth.

Bat is fantastic. Make sure you're prepared for the walk. Bring water, food, bug repellent, a machete, and a pop-up tent. As long as you're a relatively good hiker, you should make it to Bat's station in just under 2 days.

Is it worse than Zumanjaro?

It's probably about as long, but Bat's queue is better because the walk to Vietnam counts as theming.

And intensity and lack of smoothness is almost a non factor for me. I am a big fan of The Boss.

This is great news. In this case, every one of Kings Island's coasters is smooth.

Bat is fantastic. Make sure you're prepared for the walk. Bring water, food, bug repellent, a machete, and a pop-up tent. As long as you're a relatively good hiker, you should make it to Bat's station in just under 2 days.

It's probably about as long, but Bat's queue is better because the walk to Vietnam counts as theming.

It sucks more during Haunt because both Wolf Pack and Blackout start their queues along that path. Also, people get really confused and block the way. I wouldn't be surprised if some people ended up riding Bat thinking they were getting in Blackout line.

At least Zumanjaro line is... straightforward.

I'll be there on Friday with a first-timer to Haunt and to KI. She likes coasters but isn't an enthusiast, so credits are a non-issue. Plan to take her on Banshee, Beast, Timbers, and Diamondback for sure with Bat and Adventure Express most likely thrown in. Also plan to do Blackout, Field of Screams, and most likely CarnEvil, Cavern of Terror, KillMart, and Board 2 Death. Also can't miss Hot Blooded! And the beer man.

Still developing some sort of plan because like everything is better at night but there is still some daylight until like 8pm. Most likely will do Banshee and Bat first because I think they're still just as good during the day. Plan might go out the window with lines. We might have to consider Fright Lane (I think FL+ is above our budget).

If anyone else is gonna be there, say hi. I like meeting TPR people.

I'm very curious about that comparison. It's definitely longer than American Eagle.

The Bat queue and Zumanjaro queue may be longer but they're far less ridiculous because they actually exist for a reason. The rides are far from the main pathway so they built very direct pathways to the ride entrances. They're just long because they have to be.

American Eagle starts out going through a building and through a straightaway, then it enters 4 huge sloped switchbacks up a ramp where it just goes back and fourth for awhile, then instead of going straight it goes over a bridge to the Skycoaster platform nowhere near the ride, then it makes a left and goes over another bridge where it meets the far more direct bridge where the exit path is that it doesn't use as a queue path too because... idfk

Then it follows a ridiculously long bridge forever before making a right, going up a flight of stairs, going over another bridge, then going down a huge set of stairs (that goes to the right, not towards the ride), then goes through a long switchback to the left that goes on for awhile before making a right under the structure, then left and then right through more switchbacks, then left where you walk under the station before finally making a right and walking up 3 sets of stairs into the station. I actually had to watch a POV of the queue (because this queue is so ridiculous that there are multiple povs of it) to remember all of that sh*t.

Nothing in America comes close to the American Eagle queue. Nothing.

If we're going international though, I nominate basically everything at Marineland for worst queue in the world... especially the S&S tower where you need to climb a 150 foot mountain (with no shade) and then walk through a ton of switchbacks in the queue house.

Isn't the Batman @ St Louis ridiculous also?

Yes, Batman is ridiculous...but I watched the queue pov since it's been so long since I've been to SFGAM, and I'd have to say American Eagle is worse. At least Batman's queue is (rundown) theming. This thing is just weird!

American Eagle starts out going through a building and through a straightaway, then it enters 4 huge sloped switchbacks up a ramp where it just goes back and fourth for awhile, then instead of going straight it goes over a bridge to the Skycoaster platform nowhere near the ride, then it makes a left and goes over another bridge where it meets the far more direct bridge where the exit path is that it doesn't use as a queue path too because... idfk

Then it follows a ridiculously long bridge forever before making a right, going up a flight of stairs, going over another bridge, then going down a huge set of stairs (that goes to the right, not towards the ride), then goes through a long switchback to the left that goes on for awhile before making a right under the structure, then left and then right through more switchbacks, then left where you walk under the station before finally making a right and walking up 3 sets of stairs into the station.

I'm extremely impressed that you can recall this in such exacting detail.

I actually had to watch a POV of the queue (because this queue is so ridiculous that there are multiple povs of it) to remember all of that sh*t.

Oh.

LOL I just found and watched a POV of that queue. WTF.

Several of the queues at SFStL are ridiculous. The Batman, Boss, and Mr. Freeze queues are all really long. Even American Thunder's is longer than your average ride.

LOL I just found and watched a POV of that queue. WTF.

Several of the queues at SFStL are ridiculous. The Batman, Boss, and Mr. Freeze queues are all really long. Even American Thunder's is longer than your average ride.

I walked the offensive/passive-aggressive asshole of an entrance/exit walk of Viper at SFGAmerica last night. I really really wanted to ride American Eagle, one of my favorites, but that walk keeps me away unless I'm in the mood for it. Spoiled? Yes. Stupid designed entrance/exitway? Heck yeah. Six Flags loves making you work up an appetite. Every push someone in a wheelchair through one of those? Whoever designed those should have to do that. Every day.

Had a great time the last Haunt Saturday at KI. I got on Banshee and pulled the horse collar down. My hands were on the top part of the collar. The attendant pulled the adjoining horse collar down and my hand was pinched between the two devices. OUCH! They released the lock and I exited the seat. After several minutes of rubbing, my hand was better. The attendants let me get back on without getting in line.

Has anyone else gotten "pinched" on Banshee?

^YES! You're lucky it didn't happen to you during the ride. One one of my rides, I put my arms in a perfectly normal hands-up position at the top of the lift. Once the first drop started, my arm was trapped in a vice grip. It was so torturous that to say I couldn't wait for the ride to end, or for the restraints to be released in the station (which, of course, wasn't immediately), is an understatement. My arm was weak for at least a day.

Has anyone else had that happen with a vest restraint?

I wonder if a new large scale restaurant will go where the current demolition is taking place. If I were dreaming, I'd wish for something with a nice outdoor patio section, decent food, and drinks with actual wait staff. Until this becomes the norm, I'll continue to eat outside of parks.

I wonder if a new large scale restaurant will go where the current demolition is taking place. If I were dreaming, I'd wish for something with a nice outdoor patio section, decent food, and drinks with actual wait staff. Until this becomes the norm, I'll continue to eat outside of parks.

They had a good place in Reds Hall of Fame grille and neutered it this year to compensate for the large crowds. It was our favorite place for the meal plan even with 1-2 waits you could put your name in and come back and it was full service. This year we went in there once and not again. Actually the food throughout the whole park suffered horribly this year and if we get passes next year we will not be getting the meal plan.

^ Hmmm...looks like Mystic Timbers might operate according to that map.

Looks like a good start for Winterfest - glad to see them bringing this back and hope that it's a great success. Will also be awesome if they can slowly open more coasters (and rides) if the weather is decent.