TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

What is the Halloween event like at Kings Island??

Any specific questions? I went about 4-5 times last year and had a blast! Ape is right about it being crowded, but I found the mazes didn't have as long of waits as the coasters, all of which are awesome at night! It would be really tough to do everything in one night. I've been to a handful of Halloween events, and I'd put KI Haunt as my favorite after Knott's and Horror Nights, which we all know are industry bests. If you have the chance to go, definitely go!

Kings Island put the season pass renewal options up. They are now offering the season long fast lane plus option for 2018. It is $499 which is what I expected the price to be. If you visit frequently on Saturday and Sunday I could see how it might be worth it. Knott's also added the season long option at $499 so that only leaves Cedar Point without ability to purchase a season long Fast Lane.

At least for Kings Island, 2018 platinum pass renewal, Dining plan, Drink Plan, and Fast lane Plus brings the total to just over $850 with taxes and fees.

Kings Island put the season pass renewal options up. They are now offering the season long fast lane plus option for 2018. It is $499 which is what I expected the price to be. If you visit frequently on Saturday and Sunday I could see how it might be worth it. Knott's also added the season long option at $499 so that only leaves Cedar Point without ability to purchase a season long Fast Lane.

At least for Kings Island, 2018 platinum pass renewal, Dining plan, Drink Plan, and Fast lane Plus brings the total to just over $850 with taxes and fees.

While Dorney is selling all season fast lane plus for $125 next year

What is the Halloween event like at Kings Island??

Any specific questions? I went about 4-5 times last year and had a blast! Ape is right about it being crowded, but I found the mazes didn't have as long of waits as the coasters, all of which are awesome at night! It would be really tough to do everything in one night. I've been to a handful of Halloween events, and I'd put KI Haunt as my favorite after Knott's and Horror Nights, which we all know are industry bests. If you have the chance to go, definitely go!

My friends and I have talked about it for the past 2 years and this year we are making sure we go. Got any specific plans of action?

A few weeks ago I was able to visit KI for the second time this year and just got around to writing my trip report and uploading pictures. I had an amazing day filled with tons of great riding, including some epic night rides on Mystic Timbers and the Beast. Check it out! http://thrillsawait.weebly.com/trip-reports/night-rides-or-bust-kings-island-8-11

IMG_5828.thumb.JPG.c8dcf1686dece407304c5030ba1b540c.JPG

We are going to make our first trip to kings island this weekend. We have season passes to all the cedar fair parks that we purchased last year. Any recommendations anybody has for hotels would be appreciated. And what type of crowds can we expect on labor day weekend? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

If the weather is moderate to nice I would expect significant crowds on Saturday and Sunday over Labor Day weekend. KI has a huge local season pass base and they tend to show up on weekends and holiday weekends. If it's in your budget I would plan on a Fastlane Plus purchase for at least one day if you plan on spending multiple days.

We are going to make our first trip to kings island this weekend. We have season passes to all the cedar fair parks that we purchased last year. Any recommendations anybody has for hotels would be appreciated. And what type of crowds can we expect on labor day weekend? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Depending on how much your looking to pay for a room, there is a Great Wolf Lodge right next to KI, however very expensive. If your looking for something reasonably priced, check out the Baymont Inn & Suites in Mason right down the road. Stay away from the Super 8 in Mason, I have never heard anything good about it. There are a couple hotels the next exit down on 71 such as a Holiday Inn Express and a Marriott.

As for crowds, like said in the post above. I'm sure it will be crowded if the weather is nice. However, as of right now they are expecting the end of Hurricane Harvey to reach up here Friday evening, just in time for the weekend, which could help keep the crowds away.

They do also have dollar days this weekend, which could help you save some money if you choose to shell out the money for Fast Lane Plus.

Stay away from the Super 8 in Mason, I have never heard anything good about it.

Well, never say never! You're about to!

I took my three kids there this year, and stayed two nights, and it was great! It cost less than $50 a night, had a nice Continental Breakfast (including waffles!), a pool the kids loved, and the best part for us (as non passholders) was that we didn't have to pay for parking at KI, since they had a free shuttle to the park! Sure, the place isn't the Ritz, but the worst snafu, was the lack of a shower curtain when we got there. If I had really pressed the issue, we could have gotten one, but it wasn't a big deal to me. Other than that, the room was great, and we enjoyed our stay there! So yeah, if you're budget conscious, and don't need anything fancy, and like a few extra frills, the Super 8 in Mason isn't half bad really! (And now there's at least ONE positive review on TPR about it! )

I've been hearing some vicious rumors going around about how Mystic Timbers may be trimmed this off-season. I found that to be a strange rumor as I don't know of any GCI's that have been trimmed and it doesn't seem to have the type of layout that would beat itself up. Anyone heard anything?

Mason Inn. Stay away from Mason Inn!

News for the guy who was inconvenienced by the gates at Banshee not working. They now open automatically when the train stops. You should not have any problems getting out of the station now. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

Would a Sunday in late September or a Sunday sometime in October be more busy? Debating when to use up the second day on my two-day ticket. (Also considering getting a Gold pass for a possible extra visit this year and all next season.)

Just wanted to say something about the whole rumor that Mystic could get trimmed. It would be the park's call, however though, GCI themselves mentioned the idea to the park as the mag brakes would wear out easily (thus overshooting and that is not fun to evacuate from because you cannot move SHIT). I will state hat there has already been about 50-75 feet of track that has already been replaced mostly because of the upstops.................so yeah it may beat itself to death lol.

Would a Sunday in late September or a Sunday sometime in October be more busy? Debating when to use up the second day on my two-day ticket. (Also considering getting a Gold pass for a possible extra visit this year and all next season.)

Sundays in the fall are rarely busy. If the weather is really nice, there will be some crowds; other than that, the place will be empty.