TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I sat in the back during most of our rides, but it just never did anything for me. For me, I'd take Raging Bull any day of the week over Apollo, if that says something. I'm really hoping my experience is different this time around.

When you said it was the second best CF park, you said not as good as King's Island. Did you mean not as good as Cedar Point? Attraction vs attraction I agree with you, but we enjoy KI much more than CP.

It's funny how people have such a different perspectives on coasters. I tried so hard to have fun on Apollo, as I'm a big B&M hyper fan, but I could not. That coaster just did nothing for me, where as Diamondback is an absolute airtime machine in my book.

Glad you had a good time.

Whoops, yeah I meant to say Cedar Point.

One thing you can't deny though is Apollo's setting is second to none when it comes to hypercoasters. I love the racing through the trees, down by the river, through ravines. Definitely gets some bonus points for that. Funny thing is, it is essentially a "parking lot coaster" but they left enough trees to disguise that.

This is random but I popped on the Kings Island webcam real quick just to see if the park would run Delirium today. Obviously the ride is much different than a little KMG but since that accident happened 2 hours from the park and the rides appear similar I wouldn't have been shocked if they were overly cautious (stranger things have happened, BGT closed a rapids ride because of a rapids ride accident on the other side of the world from a different manufacturer).

Anyway, it's open but I couldn't help but notice that during Early Entry the Banshee crew is crushing it so hard that they managed to block stop 6 consecutive trains (with riders) on top of the lift.

It's kind of fun to watch.

I'm sure the trains are half empty which means they're slower through the first brake block and faster to load, but it's still impressive.

This is random but I popped on the Kings Island webcam real quick just to see if the park would run Delirium today. Obviously the ride is much different than a little KMG but since that accident happened 2 hours from the park and the rides appear similar I wouldn't have been shocked if they were overly cautious (stranger things have happened, BGT closed a rapids ride because of a rapids ride accident on the other side of the world from a different manufacturer).

Anyway, it's open but I couldn't help but notice that during Early Entry the Banshee crew is crushing it so hard that they managed to block stop 6 consecutive trains (with riders) on top of the lift.

It's kind of fun to watch.

I'm sure the trains are half empty which means they're slower through the first brake block and faster to load, but it's still impressive.

That's too funny. I'm not sure I've ever waited more than 15 minutes for Banshee. They ride eats through lines like none other, is long enough to give the ops plenty of time to send trains between blocks, and the ops have the process down to a science. The extra wait for the front row is like, 5 minutes even when over flowing! Love it!

Delirium is running. Ohioans may be dumb, but we love theme parks the GP knows well enough that KI is very, very different than the Columbus fair; I'm not surprised the ride is running.

We were there the end of June and all the ride ops were killing it. There was little to know stacking on anything and they were all looking like they were really having fun. Even at closing on Diamondback the mic'd up girl was still going as if it were 4 in the afternoon. After this visit(first time there in at least 15 years) it should be the model for ALL parks. By far our best park visit in the last few years.

So does anybody know if they've done away with the turkey legs this year? I absolutely love them and I haven't been able to find them in my two visits this year. I also can't find anything about them on the food section of the website or any of the park maps.

Hey kings island thread!

I'll be driving by Kings island This Sunday/Monday and can spend time there if anyone wants to meet up!

Never been, I could do 10am-7pm monday , or I can do Sunday 2pm to 10pm.

Let me know if there's any locals that want to go ride some rides! love to meet up with someone..

Short trip report from a visit with my brother for the first time in years to Kings Island together.

Ride everything that mattered within 4 hours. He screamed like a bitch it's been so long for him. I laughed.

Still love Mystic Timbers

Front row night rides on the Beast are still in a league of their own.

Oo and I pointed in honor of A certain member here.

IMG_0623.thumb.JPG.25c8fc01e3242fd0d52ad9bae2334909.JPG

I am but a novice. Once day I'll be one of the greats.

Does anyone know why The Bat's queue starts at the bathroom by Banshee? I understand it was built 25 years ago and the queue used to go under the station, but I've always wondered why that long walk for the Queue to begin. Did it originally start down where Top Guns/The Bat's sign currently is, where you can jump in for a re-ride?

It has always been that long of a walk. They had models and stuff from the movie as well as music playing while you walked. Instead of having switchbacks you had the one long walk. It did do a little bit of twisting and turning underneath the station but it was minimal and housed some props.

I searched the thread to see if anyone asked this before but I couldn't find anything. I'm planning a trip coming up and looking to get fast lane plus passes, now my question is Cedar Point has this listed on their website for platinum pass holders "Upgrade to Fast Lane Plus when you buy Fast Lane (in-park only)" Does anyone know if this is offered at Kings Island as well or is it only a Cedar Point thing?

I get people are paying a premium to wait in shorter lines, but they should limit the number of FL per load cycle to something around 1/4 to 1/3 the total added to the station from the queue. I've seen them add half a train to the station from the FL lines, which effectively would "double" the wait for the queue.

^I know the ratio that ride ops are told to use at Valleyfair for Fast lane is 5 FL:1 standby queue. So theoretically, it could be 5 billion fast lane to 1 billion members of the standby.

That seems backwards....

I agree. Under that ratio, if a ride has a capacity of 36, then 30 of those would be Fast Lane and 6 standby.

^I know the ratio that ride ops are told to use at Valleyfair for Fast lane is 5 FL:1 standby queue. So theoretically, it could be 5 billion fast lane to 1 billion members of the standby.

That seems backwards....

I agree. Under that ratio, if a ride has a capacity of 36, then 30 of those would be Fast Lane and 6 standby.

I don't disagree, but when people are paying $60 a head in addition to admission and anything else they might purchase, we want/need to keep the paying customers happy, and with the other people in line seeing all the fast lane breezing past, there's a number of people that have then asked me where the nearest place to acquire one is.