TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'll be honest, I ignored those videos for the very same reason. I just assumed that if there was anything of interest in them the thread would fill me in.

The fact that an actual media company shot it like that makes it even worse.

:x G@D D@MN IT! Why the f#(k do people video like that! It's completely unwatchable! The world doesn't see in portrait mode! We see landscape! Stop f#(king shooting video in portrait!

Sorry everyone. I lost my sh!t. I apologize.

Can you all ever forgive me?

NEVER! NEVER EVER!!!!

I don't watch videos that just don't look good. I can always see the same thing, filmed better, somewhere else (often filmed by TPR, which does great video.)

:x G@D D@MN IT! Why the f#(k do people video like that! It's completely unwatchable! The world doesn't see in portrait mode! We see landscape! Stop f#(king shooting video in portrait!

Sorry everyone. I lost my sh!t. I apologize.

Can you all ever forgive me?

NEVER! NEVER EVER!!!!

I don't watch videos that just don't look good. I can always see the same thing, filmed better, somewhere else (often filmed by TPR, which does great video.)

TPR makes the best videos out there.

If not any guesses? (I say it's a drop track a la Verbolten).

I still don't understand why this is such a popular guess. Verbolten pulls into the drop track quickly, drops, then launches. It fits perfectly in the ride. What would be the point of going through an entire brake run, going into the shed, dropping 10 feet only to be slowly raised back up, then slowly roll into the station?

I've heard that instead of a drop track, it'll be a rocking/rotating track. I don't know how credible this information is (heard it on a coaster podcast), but if it's true, that would definitely be unique.

I'm just hoping something better than the boring anti-climatic ending that they put on Adventure Express, because it looks like an amazing coaster and a similar type of flat ending would not entirely kill the whole thing but it would make it less desirable in a way.

^ I don't know how people just can't appreciate the 'wtf' moment of the ending on Adventure Express. My wife and I think it's hilarious.

Check out these videos from WEBN who where at the park yesterday.

Who the F*** is that tool? I would lay down on the train tracks if I had to hang out with that guy for an entire morning.

^ I don't know how people just can't appreciate the 'wtf' moment of the ending on Adventure Express. My wife and I think it's hilarious.

Who the F*** is that tool? I would lay down on the train tracks if I had to hang out with that guy for an entire morning.

I appreciate the ending of Adventure Express since it is all functional. I think it could be more, but its better than just having a traditional chain lift in a tunnel.

I'm right there with you! I love it! Can't wait to see what my kids think of it in less than a month when they experience it for the first time!

I'm right there with you! I love it! Can't wait to see what my kids think of it in less than a month when they experience it for the first time!

Make sure to yell to them, "HOLD ON AND GET READY FOR THE LAUNCH!

Make sure to yell to them, "HOLD ON AND GET READY FOR THE LAUNCH!

Definitely! I'll be sure to hype up the ending as MIND BLOWING, so they'll be all prepared!

Where's Johnny Fever!

I grew up in this area and have always appreciated the Adventure Express ending. Also that guy goes by Shroom, He added me on social media after a few interactions then blew a gasket when I was having on conversation about bands I don't like. Turns out its most of what he plays on his station so be blocked me. I still find it funny. Most people I talk to that listen to WEBN regularly can't stand him,

I think it would be cool if it had sort of a Vekoma-Madhouse-style ride section at the end by having the room inside the shed rotate.

That sounds like a puke-machine in the making! Imagine you're a bit dizzy after the ride and then immediately you're subjected to a Madhouse-style effect. Sounds like torture to me LOL!

I'll be honest, I ignored those videos for the very same reason. I just assumed that if there was anything of interest in them the thread would fill me in.

The fact that an actual media company shot it like that makes it even worse.

This is absolute truth. I have to say, I’m really hoping this is the year I can get up to KI. Mystic looks like a lot of fun.

Yes! We get a kick out of it every time. Prior to riding it for the first time, no one had any idea what was in store. It's as fun-bad as it gets, and really, the only reason to re-ride it, IMO.

^I'm not sure if I would have rather known or not known beforehand. I had been reading these boards for quite some time before I ever went on it, so I knew Adventure Express was touted as one of the "worst coaster finales," so once I got to that portion, I just laughed because I knew the ride was over. There was no real disappointment because I was "pre-disappointed." Would have been different if I got there not knowing anything and then expected something great to happen, just to be let down.

^My first at night, for sure. I rode it alone the first time. All I knew was that it had a cheesy ending but didn't know what it was.

Mmmm cheese. I think it's kinda funny, and too easy target for "worst ending" when there are probably worse (i.e. just lift ending without theatrics).