TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Don't know also don't care. I would rather find out on my first ride though I don't think it will be much. I will be riding it early as a part of the first rider auction but wont spoil it for anyone.

Video of testing on KI's Twitter!!!

Couldn't figure out how to embed.

Holy crap, that train is hauling and it's only the first test run. I probably won't be making it back to Kings Island until at least 2018 but I'll certainly be looking forward to riding this.

I got a day planned to sneak a visit and try it out in late April/early May. I'm not overly excited for the coaster, but it's the best new thing going for me this year in any park, so I'll take it! Looks to be a really solid addition to the park.

Also, a note to future riders of Mystic Timbers: once you've experienced it, for the love of all that's holy, please don't spoil the shed for the rest that have yet to (I'm sure Media Day POV's will do that already, though).

Yeah the inevitable collective sigh of disappointment from across the enthusiast community over whats actually in the shed will be deafening once this puppy opens.

I'm still gunning for a bunch of animatronic gardening tools.

If not any guesses? (I say it's a drop track a la Verbolten).

I still don't understand why this is such a popular guess. Verbolten pulls into the drop track quickly, drops, then launches. It fits perfectly in the ride. What would be the point of going through an entire brake run, going into the shed, dropping 10 feet only to be slowly raised back up, then slowly roll into the station?

I am really not sure how it could be done or if it is possible but I was thinking it might be interesting if you pulled in there and there was some kind of animations or animation that would go along with having the track shift,twist,shuffle in some way like the roots/branches were trying to take over the track. I believe my thought is way too elaborate for a wood coaster in a small space. Just something to talk about. only a couple of more weeks and I have a feeling it will be an ending similar to Adventure Express.

I am VERY excited to be taking three of my kids to KI on the 22nd of April to ride Mystic Timbers (and, everything else, as it'll be their first time there!), and think the ride looks awesome! However, while I also hope to not have the surprise of the shed spoiled, I am fairly certain that what is inside will be a "spooky" vine-themed either animatronic or video screen (or both) "scene" to cap of the ride's story. Why anybody is getting too excited that it will be anything else... Well, I'm not really sure...

I think the fact that the park has mostly stopped teasing the shed points to it being a huge disappointment for those who are expecting anything out of it. This seems likely:

I'm still gunning for a bunch of animatronic gardening tools.

Well the coaster is themed to an abandoned mine company, so having a drop at the end could still *potentially* work with the theme, but also would a haunted tree animatronic.

I also don't want it spoiled either way but I'll be there on Friday, so if all goes well I'll know on my first ride!

It's probably still not running at its top speed yet either. Imagine a full train on a 90 degree day in July once this thing is broken in. Can't wait!

I was thinking the same thing! This is an empty train in March and it's looking great. Very much looking forward to riding this in June.