Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Adventuredome in Las Vegas

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:18 am

That is a wicked looking drop thingy, shoudl be a fun ride. I've never been to Adventuredome but the layout of this thing looks a bit more sprawling than I was expecting, relative to other El Loco Models.

I've got a feeling we're going to start seeing an awful lot of these El Loco coasters in the near future. Seems like the compact design and general "uniqueness" would be a great fit for a lot of parks.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

The two photos of the cars posted in the IAAPA thread look amazing. Way beyond expectations...can't wait to ride in those!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:43 pm

I never noticed this until now, but the twisted hill after the first drop looks a lot less violent than the standard design. I rode Steel Hawg at Indiana Beach this summer and I got pretty banged up at that spot. Looks like this one will hurt a lot less.

Postby singemfrc » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:58 am

I noticed in the IAAPA video that S&S snuck in the fact that El Loco would be opening "Late January" now, good thing I havent bought my plane tickets yet. Hopefully that may just be a "worst case" and it still may in fact open sooner.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks for bringing that up; I meant to mention it. I found that disappointing to hear, also, since I'll be there New Year's Eve regardless. Hopefully the vendor is wrong and the park's website is right in saying 'December 2013.'

Postby singemfrc » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 am

I don't think anyone is right or wrong, coaster building is a fluid process, the projected opening can often change back and forth several times. I know that December was Adventuredome's targeted opening, but it's possible that there have been difficulties in the last couple weeks, or it's possible that S&S may not have the most current info and the park may still be able to get it open by December..we'll just have to wait on more official word. This was mentioned kind of in passing rather than as a real announcement, so in my head Im kind of taking "December" and "Late January" and averaging them to form my expectation :)

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Could be "soft opening" vs "grand opening."

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Great point! I hadn't thought of that.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mmkaycomputer » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Jew is onto something. I spoke to the head of the park a few months ago and he said they were targeting a soft opening in December and an official/grand opening in January.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby BotanicalStig » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:29 pm

^Fingers are crossed. I haven't gotten plane tickets yet but my family is looking to meet up in Vegas in December. Would hate to miss this great coaster by only a few days!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!