TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
It really seems like they are preserving the rockwork that Rim Runner's lift ran through. I really hope that the rumor of them using the rockwork in the new attraction is true.

I honestly think if all of the rock work was removed, a ton more space for future attractions would open up!

As much as I love the rock work, it hasn't been the same since Rim Runner and the waterfalls have been removed.

I will say however, the park is much cooler and way less humid with the water ride gone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been a bit out of the loop lately (no pun intended), but was in town for a concert this weekend and decided to drop in (ok maybe I'm doing this subconsciously, coasters on the brain) on El Loco Friday night, and while I was there I of course decided to also partake in a little Canyon Blaster but I was amazed at how much smoother it seemed.

Maybe it's just me, I know it can be very subjective, but in my previous visit a few years ago CB was quite rough. This time it was probably the smoothest rides I've ever had on an Arrow Looper. They only had one train going, which was fine, because it was barely even a station wait. I did multiple laps in the front and back rows and both were equally smooth. It's a lot more fun, especially in the back, when its not beating you up. El Loco was, as usual, the most comfortable coaster trains ever. I could ride it all day (especially with no lines).

Weekends like this with 118 degree heat really make you appreciate that dome.

I've been a bit out of the loop lately (no pun intended), but was in town for a concert this weekend and decided to drop in (ok maybe I'm doing this subconsciously, coasters on the brain) on El Loco Friday night, and while I was there I of course decided to also partake in a little Canyon Blaster but I was amazed at how much smoother it seemed.

Maybe it's just me, I know it can be very subjective, but in my previous visit a few years ago CB was quite rough. This time it was probably the smoothest rides I've ever had on an Arrow Looper. They only had one train going, which was fine, because it was barely even a station wait. I did multiple laps in the front and back rows and both were equally smooth. It's a lot more fun, especially in the back, when its not beating you up. El Loco was, as usual, the most comfortable coaster trains ever. I could ride it all day (especially with no lines).

Weekends like this with 118 degree heat really make you appreciate that dome.

haven't been in a year and a half, maybe two, i forget. still, the only place CB beat me was after the double loop going into the turn. i'd get slammed pretty hard on the left side. maybe it's not bad if you sit on the right. i did 10 rides that morning i went before a trade show. but 20 plus years ago i did 50. lol i always like the Canyon Blaster.

I did 5 quick laps on Friday night and there wasn't a trace of roughness, even going into the corkscrew which was previously what felt roughest to me. I was with a friend who doesn't do coasters at all and felt bad that he was just standing there waiting for me otherwise I could have ridden for hours.

• 2 months later...
Adventuredome is a trip I'd like to make someday.

It's a great little park. Walking around, it feels pretty "crowded" (not from people, but just the size and layout of the walkways), but Canyon Blaster and El Loco are both solid rides. I visited for the first time last November and I'd love to go back. I'm very curious as to how this new coaster is going to turn out next year.

Adventuredome is a trip I'd like to make someday.

It's a great little park. Walking around, it feels pretty "crowded" (not from people, but just the size and layout of the walkways), but Canyon Blaster and El Loco are both solid rides. I visited for the first time last November and I'd love to go back. I'm very curious as to how this new coaster is going to turn out next year.

Yea, it's definitely worth checking out if you find yourself in Vegas. The two coasters are a lot of fun and it has some good flats as well (Disk'O, Inverter, Chaos, Sling Shot). If you go mid-week during the school year, you pretty much have the place to yourself. The last time I went, I got about 15 rides each on Loco and CB, as well as one round on all the flats in about 3 hours. I'm glad they are getting a family coaster as the two big coasters have a 48" height requirement and the only other one is a kiddie coaster. The park really needed something more thrilling than the kiddie coaster for kids that aren't ready for Loco and CB.

• 3 months later...
Is Canyon Blaster as rough as the other Arrow Loopers?

Regardless, an indoor coaster of that size in that confined space . . . . . great engineering/design

Not at all. I don’t have much of an issue with most Arrow loopers anyway, but Canyon Blaster is by far the smoothest one I’ve ridden.

Weirdly enough, I actually thought El Loco was rougher. Not in the sense that it rides the track poorly, but the transitions on El Loco felt much more jerky and uncomfortable than those on Canyon Blaster.

Canyon blaster is only slightly less rough than a typical arrow looper. It’s fun for what it is, but it’s still an arrow looper with newer trains.

Are those the same type trains that went on Drachen Fire? They look the same. Sort of interesting some other newer Arrows didn't get those trains (like Tennessee Tornado), but maybe that's because Drachen's reception wasn't too positive.