Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby gisco » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Adventuredome, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Adventuredome.

Adventuredome's Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

July 18th, 2008 - Child dies after suffering cardiac arrest on roller coaster

December 12th, 2012 - Circus Circus proposes adding a waterpark

January 2nd, 2013 - S&S to build custom El Loco at Adventuredome, to replace Rim Runner
February 4th, 2013 - Boats are removed from Rim Runner
February 8th, 2013 - deconstruction of Rim Runner begins
March 22nd, 2013 - more deconstruction of Rim Runner
May 18th, 2013 - remodeled mini golf course opens[/url
[url=http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1349094#p1349094]August 27th, 2013 - Footers for El Loco have been poured

October 4th, 2013 - Vertical construction is under way
October 26th, 2013 - El Loco first drop is installed
November 24th, 2013 - more El Loco construction
December 2nd, 2013 - construction update
December 7th, 2013 - Track near completion
December 13th, 2013 - Comprehensive overview of El Loco construction

February 21st, 2014 - El Loco Media Day!

Original Post:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25720489/

A 12-year-old girl goes in to full cardiac arrest and almost dies on a Circus-Circus rollercoaster.

According to rescue crews, it happened on the rollercoaster inside the Adventuredome. The girl was taken off of the ride and a portable defibrillator was used to get her heart beating again. She was reused to UMC Hospital where she underwent tests to figure out what could have caused her heart attacks.

News 3 was told she seems to be doing alright.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:14 am.

It's all about quality, not quantity!

Postby HHN Dylan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:32 pm

3 words... Read the signs.

Now if she didn't have any health problems, or if it was the coasters fault (which I highyl doubt) then it was her fault for getting on, therefore getting hurt. If people just respected the rides (lolololol) then maybe things like this wouldn't happen.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:35 pm

How could it possibly be someone's fault if they do not know about a preexisting condition. Any of us could have something wrong with us that we do not know about.

I hope this girl tuns out ok. It is not normal for 12 year olds to have heart attacks.

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Yeah, most 12-year-olds do not typically have heart attacks. And anyone so young would most likely know of any pre-existing heart conditions.

Now if she knew she had a heart condition and went on the ride anyway, then it's her fault for not following the warnings. But if she didn't know of any heart problems, then I wonder what would have caused someone so young to have a heart attack? Surely the coaster isn't that frightening!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:43 pm

I think this is the crappiest thing I've ever read. How are you reused to a hospital?

Looks like MSNBC just wanted to post this immediately and not even bother trying to get anything right.

As for a pre-existing condition, she's 12. She probably doesn't know if she has heart problems. I can't wait for more information on this because right now it barely makes any sense.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Brandy524 wrote: Surely the coaster isn't that frightening!

Nope, but the resort sure is.

a portable defibrillator was used to get her heart beating again.

I lobbied for these in one of the past Disney "pre-existing condition deaths on a ride" thread, and this is exactly why. Will they help in every situation? No. But it doesn't hurt to have one at, or near every major thrill ride.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

It's all about quality, not quantity!

Postby HHN Dylan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Exactly...If you have pre conditions, and you see signs saying "DO NOT RIDE IF YOU HAVE HEART CONDITIONS" i mean honestly whos fault is it. I hope she turns out fine to of course.

Planning on retiring to Radiator Springs

Postby Skramp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:35 pm

^Damn dude, could you be a little more heartless? I mean come on, she's 12, she or her parents probably had no idea that she may or may not have a heart condition. But show a little consideration. (And nice grammar by the way)

As for MSNBC rushing to be the first and misspelling crap, that's just the way our world turns now, it's all about recognition and being able to say you were the first, doesn't really matter if you get the story right or spelling, because you can always go back and retract it later.

Just sucks for her and her family, wishing her the best and a speedy recovery.
Who was that again?

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:17 pm

I know of a person who goes to my church, she is 18, she rode coasters until she was 16. At that point, while playing a sport, her ailment appeared out of nowhere. She had no idea she had it.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:19 pm

I assume that this was not caused by the Miner Mike.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!