Europa Park Discussion Thread

Page 148 - Waterpark Coming!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby DandAyr » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:54 am

Olov wrote:And the stats says it'll cross two other roller coasters so I would guess the location will be somewhere between Blue Fire and Atlantica.
Google Maps
Ah it's great to be able to follow another 2012 project!

Only problem is that is an old satellite picture - that gap you highlight is where the splash ride Whale adventures in Iceland zone got put. Would not think they would put a coaster on top of it and not sure if enough room left there you could get in a station and storage.

Maybe at back of Greece - then silverstar and another (posieden or pegasus) would be close enough to be the two it goes by ?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Solid Gold » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:04 am

I think the theme of the ride (Nordic Gods) would put it going into the Icelandic section of the park. The splash battle and kid's stuff I believe only take up about half of the land in that satellite pic. Europa has probably planned these last four additions to Iceland in order to fit all of these attractions, including the new woodie on the back side traveling near Blue Fire and Atlantica.

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:10 am

Xcoaster wrote:^ Mid-course probably. Heck, maybe even some kind of pre-lift dark ride section. If any park can keep the lines down, they can.

Anyways, so Europa Park continues to further distance itself from any "competition" it may have had in the theme park world. Just when I thought the world's best theme park couldn't get any more awesome, they add what will probably be yet another excellent coaster. It's almost overkill.

EDIT: Also, judging from the announced stats, this sounds like it'll be second only to Mountain Flyer at Knight Valley for GCI's tallest and fastest design, and about even in length with their other big coasters. That's assuming google didn't trick me at the conversions...

It's only 10 meters longer than Troy and about the same height. Makes me wonder where they go the extra 10 kph from.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby AstroDan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:29 am

It's about 4 metres taller than Troy, so this is presumably enough extra for the 9mph speed increase.

:)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio. Wishing I was in Brisbane, Australia.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Are there any pictures or details of the layout?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:56 pm

^As far as I know the only thing that has been released is the banner and the stats of the coaster. It is possible that the coaster that shows up in the banner is part of the visual concept of the ride.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby GeorgeT » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Xcoaster wrote:^

Anyways, so Europa Park continues to further distance itself from any "competition" it may have had in the theme park world. Just when I thought the world's best theme park couldn't get any more awesome, they add what will probably be yet another excellent coaster. It's almost overkill.

This is exactly what I thought regarding the other german parks !!!

I mean...that`s the way business works...the stronger survive. But even before announcing this it was a good step ahead of the competition...in germany definively...in Europe / the world...I don`t know...cause I`m not experienced enough to have an opinion about that.

But...now I ask myself...if they`re doing a good job on the Coaster...well, is there any other Park out there that offers so beautiful Landscaping, sooooo elaborated Themeing AND such a huge Collection of (good/excellent) Coasters at the same time (let alone the excellent food /variety of food and the reasonable pricing ) ???

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby AstroDan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Im short, not really. There are parks with good shows, parks with more coasters, parks with great lanscaping. But very few parks combine all these together in such a quality package as Europa-Park.

Europa-Park is family owned and run, and they only have themselves to answer to. There isn't a corporation asking them to make guests spend more. They let the product sell itself. There's no pesky fastrack being advertised left, right and centre because, welll... they don't do fastrack. They just do high throughputs which ultimately benefits all guests. There aren't adverts and banners everywhere trying to sell you something you don't want, there aren't inappropriate sponsorships on rides. Admission to the park is €36 and they don't rely on cheap offers or discounts, everyone pays the same (reasonable) price. Multi day tickets don't offer much by way of cost saving, but you pay for what you get and, obviously, people are willing to judging by the guest figures. And it's still cheaper, by some way, than Disney in Paris. The park is immaculate and appeals to, quite literally, every age group - including senior citizens. Food and drink is superb and the hotels are pretty much the best in the business - or at least right up there with the best. They have more events than any other park - just look at their calendar and there is something going on every week. There are 50+ rides, including 10 coasters (soon to be 11) - there is just so much to do.

Working with other manufacturers also shows that Europa aren't too buried in their own glory. GCI is however, a working partner of Mack Rides, and with increasing park attendances every year - they can afford to spend more money than all their competitors. They have bags of space, and they have a team of people who really do care - and are committed to excellence in everything they do.

Quite honestly, Europa-Park is the pinaccle of what parks should be aiming at. I love it - and, even before Blue Fire, it was already awesome. Yet these additions just make it even more irresistable. It's a 3-day park and well worthy of a visit.

Bring on 2012!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Xcoaster » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:30 pm

I agree completely. They may not be the best in any one category (except maybe operations or adding attractions), but as a complete package they have no equal. Disney is arguably better at theming, details and atmosphere, CP/SFMM/SFGAdv may have better coasters, and Dollywood probably has better shows and food, but combined together Europa stomps all over them. IOA is the closest example I can think of in terms of overall combined quality, but even it would need to at least double or triple in size to begin competing.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby StarTrekGeek » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:15 pm

First off, the new GCI woodie looks pretty awesome! :b

I also agree with the above posts: Europa Park is a truly amazing park that combines the way Disney themes their parks with amazing coasters. I was really impressed with that when I visited last summer.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!