Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 213: CanCan coaster opens
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:56 am

I am intrigued by the VR line concept. I can't help but think people will walk into walls, but it looks like they have it well mapped out, even to the tune of stairs.

Too bad about Europa's other recent troubles. I went there for the first time last year and thought it was an amazing park. Wodan was great -- it blew my expectations away.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Europa-Park shows design for renewed roller coaster

200818bota1.jpg

The opening of the renewed rollercoaster Eurosat in Europa-Park is coming closer and closer. In the last months, the German theme park has transformed the iconic indoor rollercoaster into an attraction themed to the Paris nightclub Moulin Rouge. The queue is also extensively decorated, according to a large number of new designs.

Visitors will soon find themselves behind the scenes at the famous French cabaret spectacle. Among other things, they take a look in the dressing rooms. In addition, they pass a large garden, atmospheric staircases, the studio of a Parisian artist, a nostalgic mirror tent and an exhibition with objects from the Belle Époque period.

From now on the attraction is called Eurosat - CanCan Coaster. The original black track was demolished last winter and replaced by a new red track. In addition, new trains arrived. The management of Europa-Park recently made several test drives. The original layout of the ride barely changed.

The official opening will take place on 12th of September. Most likely, guests will be able to take a ride earlier. The roller coaster also gets a virtual reality variant that revolves around a science fiction film. A separate station has been built for this.

200818bota2.jpg

200818bota3.jpg

200818bota4.jpg

200818bota5.jpg

200818bota6.jpg

200818bota7.jpg

200818bota8.jpg

200818bota9a.jpg

200818bota10.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:07 pm

^ That all looks like it will be a really amazing queue. So much to look at! Very impressive. Hope it all gets built. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:18 pm

super cool looking, but it's a pretty radical transformation from a space theme to a can-can coaster.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 am

Europa-Park opens Eurosat - CanCan Coaster

120918euroat.jpg

Europa-Park has officially presented the new rollercoaster Eurosat - CanCan Coaster to the public today. During a ride in the indoor rollercoaster guests make a nightly flight over Paris. In addition, they pass various icons from the French capital, including a replica of the Eiffel Tower and the famous nightclub Moulin Rouge.

The old Eurosat roller coaster - opened in 1989 - has been transformed over the past few months into a modern roller coaster with new decors, special effects, other trains and a soundtrack specially composed for the attraction. The layout of the ride remained almost the same, including the iconic spiral lift hill.

The queue and the station are extensively decorated in French atmospheres. A lot of blacklight effects are used during the ride. The renovation was a race against the clock. "We were still working on the the final details last night at 5 am", said director Michael Mack during a press conference.

From tomorrow, regular guests can enjoy the rollercoaster. There is also a virtual reality variant called Eurosat Coastiality, based on the science fiction film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

Previously, the adjacent dino-darkride Universe der Energie got a major makeover. That attraction is now called Madame Freudenreich Curiosités. The reopening took place last month.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 am

I'm trying like the devil to make Europa and Phantasialand the last part of our Euro trip in Hope of the water park at Europa and FLY at Phantasialand will be open. Last week of June, first week of July.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:46 am

Love that they kept a rendition of the original theme on the lift. I was kind of worried the original soundtrack was going to get scrapped completely.

Also, kind of getting a Rock n' Roller Coaster vibe with the visuals on the ride...maybe it's the cutouts. :roll:
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:34 pm

I thought we were past blacklights and cutouts. Oh, well...
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:06 am

This looks great! Love that they kept part of the old soundtrack :) Can't wait to ride it in two weeks :b

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:44 pm

At West Coast Bash someone had asked the question "What was the coolest thing you got to do behind the scenes at a park" and on the spot I couldn't really think of one that came to mind because everything just sort of jumbles together in my head, I mean, I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday let alone hand pick a single memory from the past 20 years! lol

Anyway, later on I had thought about this really cool moment at Silver Star and realized I had all this footage that I never posted, so here ya go....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!