Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 213: CanCan coaster opens
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Ramius » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm

SharkTums wrote:Does 50 million Euros seem a *bit* high to anyone else? Like, I get that it was a bad fire and all, but I thought only one major ride got destroyed? Was there that much infrastructure that also got destroyed? Are they maybe counting new ride replacement costs in this?

They also lost 150.000 costumes. This alone might be up to 20 million Euros.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:12 am

New virtual reality rollercoaster at Europa-Park gets a virtual walking section

130818verie.jpg

The new virtual reality rollercoaster at Europa-Park is different from other virtual reality roller coasters. Normally, passengers only put their virtual reality glasses on in the station. The German theme park first allows visitors to walk through a virtual environment with their glasses.

Then they step into a train while they still have the glasses on. They can see the cars in the virtual world. Other visitors and employees are also visible. The principle is called 'roam & ride'. "It is a fluid combination of walking around through virtual reality and an intense thrillride", says a press release.

The new attraction is called Eurosat Coastiality, based on the classic indoor roller coaster Eurosat from 1989. Last winter, the track was completely demolished and rebuilt. The virtual reality film that visitors get to see revolves around the science-fiction film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets from 2017.

Europa-Park developed the technology together with VR Coaster, Holodeck VR and sister company MackMedia. "Our system not only ensures that guests are immersed in an exciting virtual world," says Thomas Wagner of VR Coaster. "It also makes the entry process on the roller coaster easier and more efficient."

The experience is expected to open in September. Those who do not like virtual reality can also opt for a roller coaster ride without glasses. In that case the attraction is dominated by the Paris nightclub Moulin Rouge, under the name Eurosat - CanCan Coaster.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:39 am

If this becomes mainstream (which it probably will), it might pretty much eliminate the long loading times normally associated with virtual reality attractions.

It makes me wonder if virtual reality and computer graphics really are going to supercede physical sets in future theme parks.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:25 am

A.J. wrote:
It makes me wonder if virtual reality and computer graphics really are going to supercede physical sets in future theme parks.

Gawd, I hope not. I don't care for VR.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:18 am

I'm not a fan of VR, but this is an interesting concept and if anyone can pull it off, Europa Park can. I think the fact it's an enclosed coaster also works to its advantage as one of my main problems with VR (aside the practicalities) is that it kind of isolates you from the whole experience of enjoying the coaster with your co-rider and not being able to see how high you are or how fast you're going which isn't really a factor on dark coasters anyway.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:56 pm

cfc wrote:
A.J. wrote:

Gawd, I hope not. I don't care for VR.

Ditto. :|
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

GUACAMOLE IS MY FRIEND

Postby Fooz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 pm

This is day zero of VR tech. I think a lot of tunes will change when new generations of the tech arrive.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby indyv » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:36 am

The renewed dinosaur ride - now called "Madame Freudenreich Curiosités" - under Eurosat opened a few hours ago:

Source
I know my limits, I don't respect them, but I do know them!

Top 10 coasters: 1. Blue fire Europa Park 2. Expedition GeForce Holiday Park 3. Taron Phantasialand 4. Silver Star Europa Park 5. Flug der Dämonen Heide Park 6. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Walt Disney Studios Park 7. Anubis The Ride Plopsaland 8. Sky Scream Holiday Park 9. Wodan Europa Park 10. OzIris Parc Astérix

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby indyv » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:06 am

Accident with monorail Europa-Park: trains collide

In Europa Park two monorail trains collided on Saturday morning. Around 09.30 two vehicles of the EP Express collided in front of the theme hotel El Andaluz. Two people were slightly injured, reports the police.

The damage is considerable, according to images on social media. According to eyewitnesses, a train with passengers collided with an empty train. How the accident could happen is still being investigated.

A spokesperson for the German amusement park reports that the incident occurred during the shunting of a train. "All occupants were able to leave the train independently via the station," says a statement. The attraction is now operational again.

The EP Express, opened in 1995, is one of the two monorails in Europa-Park. The track is located at a height of six meters. A ride takes about thirteen minutes. There are stations in the theme areas Spain, Greece, Germany and at the hotels of Europa-Park. The trains date from 1988.

Source
I know my limits, I don't respect them, but I do know them!

Top 10 coasters: 1. Blue fire Europa Park 2. Expedition GeForce Holiday Park 3. Taron Phantasialand 4. Silver Star Europa Park 5. Flug der Dämonen Heide Park 6. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Walt Disney Studios Park 7. Anubis The Ride Plopsaland 8. Sky Scream Holiday Park 9. Wodan Europa Park 10. OzIris Parc Astérix

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby mr.sugar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:29 am

EP is going through harsh times for sure :(

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!