Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 189: Details on 2019's waterpark and new hotel
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:19 pm

ElvisLuv wrote:
KingRCT3 wrote:Yeah, I think so as well. It's not really the same style.

But another funny coincidence is how Disneyland Paris is dropping out the Jules Verne aspect of its Discoveryland, like as if it is an outdated theme, and at the same time, Europa Park is stepping right into it.

Don't forget Jardin d'Acclamation is revamping the whole park into a Steampunk theme complete with new rides including some more thrilling for older folks.

There's also Phantasialand a few hours away embracing steampunk with Rookburgh next year.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Dombot » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 pm

I have a huge thing for steampunk theming, so this looks balls awesome. :lover: Would love to make it to this park someday!
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm

cookiex wrote:
ElvisLuv wrote:
KingRCT3 wrote:Yeah, I think so as well. It's not really the same style.

But another funny coincidence is how Disneyland Paris is dropping out the Jules Verne aspect of its Discoveryland, like as if it is an outdated theme, and at the same time, Europa Park is stepping right into it.

Don't forget Jardin d'Acclamation is revamping the whole park into a Steampunk theme complete with new rides including some more thrilling for older folks.

There's also Phantasialand a few hours away embracing steampunk with Rookburgh next year.

We are determined to visit Nantes for Les Machines de l'île whIle also visiting Puy du Fou.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby KingRCT3 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:49 am

And from across the pond, Megapark in Quebec is also doing a steampunk overall. :b

ElvisLuv wrote:We are determined to visit Nantes for Les Machines de l'île whIle also visiting Puy du Fou.

Nice! Two great places, loved them both. Puy du Fou has a bunch of amazing shows- I felt 2 days are requiered, as well as seeing La Cinéscénie, but you'd have to book like 6 months prior.
Also, try to ride the mecanical elephant at Les Machines... ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MicrosoftExcel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 am

Don't forget, they're also enhancing their Universe of Energy knock off just after Disney got rid of the original.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:34 am

Hey guys, I'm currently studying in the north of Italy and was thinking of going to Europa Park. I have other parks to visit and not much time as some close in the end of October. I saw EP is open also in November and December but my question is if it is common for the park to close some rides in that time of the year because if it is perhaps I'll try to go there sooner.
Thanks
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Taron » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:04 am

^ You can see the opened attractions during winter on the official park homepage: http://www.europapark.de/en/attractions/all-attractions
Attractions that are closed during winter have a small text "closed during winter" below them. You can also select to only display attractions that are opened during winter at the top, though I guess you are probably interested in what is closed. Although Blue Fire is also mentioned to stay closed during winter I think it will open on some days if temperatures are high enough. Don't quote me on that though :P

Postby cookiex » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Eurosat is closing on November 5th for the renovation so if you want to ride it you should get there this month.

If you're willing to travel a few extra hours north Phantasialand has pretty much all rides except River Quest and Wakobato open during the winter season (Chiapas only closes if temperatures drop below zero degrees Celsius).
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:48 pm

I am looking forward to Phantasialand in the Winter as they have great seasonal food and the park is all decorated and so beautiful. You really do not want to leave . To stay on topic, Europa does a great job too. The water rides are down, but I think I did Blue Fire in December, so it is not down for the Christmas season .

Postby cookiex » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Work is starting on Eurosat's surroundings.

Source

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!