Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 212: VR queue to be included with CanCan coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:51 pm

That is a gorgeous lead car! :lover:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Shark » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:53 am

I am planing on going to the park September 21, I can only go to the park for 1 day. Is it worth staying at Europa Park hotel to get the half hour early entry?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:59 am

- Damage from the Batavia fire is estimated to be above 50 million euros.
- According to prosecutors, the fire started in the tunnel area Fjord-Rafting passed through near the warehouse and Piraten building. The cause of the fire is not yet clear as the investigation is not completed yet.
- According to Michael Mack at a recent Europa Park Fanclub meeting, the Scandinavian area will be back in operation "almost identical in appearance" sometime next year.
- Whatever's replacing Piraten in Batavia is set to open in 2020. There's currently split opinions within the Mack family on what should replace it: younger members want something entirely new, older members seem to want something as close to founder Ronald Mack's original design as possible.

Sources (in German):
http://versicherungswirtschaft-heute.de/politik-regulierung/brand-im-europapark-kostet-mindestens-50-mio-euro/
https://www.lahrer-zeitung.de/inhalt.lahr-brandschaden-mehr-als-50-millionen.67cb776a-2fa5-422d-b7dc-0be089c5516a.html
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:54 am

Does 50 million Euros seem a *bit* high to anyone else? Like, I get that it was a bad fire and all, but I thought only one major ride got destroyed? Was there that much infrastructure that also got destroyed? Are they maybe counting new ride replacement costs in this?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 am

^A neighboring data center was also (partly) destroyed by the fire. I assume that's a big part of the cost.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:56 pm

SharkTums wrote:Does 50 million Euros seem a *bit* high to anyone else? Like, I get that it was a bad fire and all, but I thought only one major ride got destroyed? Was there that much infrastructure that also got destroyed? Are they maybe counting new ride replacement costs in this?

No way will this be $50 Euros to replace! If so, it will be an amazing ride.

In no accounting method do you add the cost of the destroyed and the cost of the replacement to determine value of damage.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:56 pm

I wonder if some of that cost comes from rushing to get the raft ride re-opened? The labor and equipment costs are presumably higher from getting it open so quickly?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:06 pm

^Well Jordy mentioned the data center damage, I have no idea how to monetize that.

I could understand if the park was closed for days and they included lost revenue. I could understand if they are holding reparations/lawsuit money aside, but I don't recall anyone being hurt.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rob_92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 am

They lost Pirates, most of the Dutch area buildings, the whole of the Scandinavian street, Fjord Rafting theming, maintenace areas for the Monorail and Panoramabahn, an IT/date centre, lots of tech/AV equipment and all of their tens of thousands of stored costumes and uniforms.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:56 am

They could also be accounting for lost revenue on top of all the infrastructure and inventory that was destroyed.

Jew wrote:I wonder if some of that cost comes from rushing to get the raft ride re-opened? The labor and equipment costs are presumably higher from getting it open so quickly?

Given how quick it took to get it back up and running that could be the case too.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!