TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

Hey guys, I'm currently studying in the north of Italy and was thinking of going to Europa Park. I have other parks to visit and not much time as some close in the end of October. I saw EP is open also in November and December but my question is if it is common for the park to close some rides in that time of the year because if it is perhaps I'll try to go there sooner.

Thanks

^ You can see the opened attractions during winter on the official park homepage: http://www.europapark.de/en/attractions/all-attractions

Attractions that are closed during winter have a small text "closed during winter" below them. You can also select to only display attractions that are opened during winter at the top, though I guess you are probably interested in what is closed. Although Blue Fire is also mentioned to stay closed during winter I think it will open on some days if temperatures are high enough. Don't quote me on that though

Eurosat is closing on November 5th for the renovation so if you want to ride it you should get there this month.

If you're willing to travel a few extra hours north Phantasialand has pretty much all rides except River Quest and Wakobato open during the winter season (Chiapas only closes if temperatures drop below zero degrees Celsius).

I am looking forward to Phantasialand in the Winter as they have great seasonal food and the park is all decorated and so beautiful. You really do not want to leave . To stay on topic, Europa does a great job too. The water rides are down, but I think I did Blue Fire in December, so it is not down for the Christmas season .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thank you for the previous advice. Does anyone know how their rain policy is? Because I don’t have many options to got there and the weather forecast might not me too good. Do they usually close rides (specifically the coasters)?

Hey guys, thank you for the previous advice. Does anyone know how their rain policy is? Because I don’t have many options to got there and the weather forecast might not me too good. Do they usually close rides (specifically the coasters)?

It rained one time I was there and everything remained open, they did however close Euro-Mir for about 15 minutes because it started to absolutely pour down! But other than that everything was open

I emailed them directly about this before I went last year. All rides are apparently open during rain but taller rides like Silver Star and Euro Tower close during thunderstorms.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is definitely strange to see them pulling apart Eurosat. I'm curious to see how they work the rebuilt structure into the redesigned area where it will live. No matter what, Europa Park continues to appear to be one of the most beautiful European parks and it remains among the top of my list of places in Europe I need to get around to visiting at some point.

I think Europa actually is one of the most beautiful parks world wide, only to be topped by some Disney Parks(not Disney Paris, Europa beats that one) and maybe Busch Gardens. The beauty about Europa is that you want to chill there. The coaster line up is not really stunning, but you want to stay there and not leave, enjoy the food and the beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Well for VR, that will certainly be different, heh.

Oooooooooo Le Can-Can! C'est Magnifique!

Actually, there's a "Moulin Rouge" Musical opening on

Broadway very soon, so the timing for both is pretty awesome!

MoulinRouge.jpg.efde8fa102100b528b0cfd246587d171.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Ummm...

I'm willing to give Europa the benefit of the doubt and I hope this turns out to be one truly wacky ride that makes me giggle like a dope, but first thoughts are definitely of a more "wtf" nature.

Europa.thumb.png.bf953cbc3263721d4f84426046d9ac13.png

Yesterday additional artwork has been revealed and to me it looks like the old theme will be still there in form of the VR ride (which will have a separate entrance btw)

europa-park-vr-eurosat-2018-artwork-620x350.jpg

I was gonna question the sci-fi theme of the VR entrance compared to everything else but since it's supposedly right next to Silver Star it fits.