Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 116: Raglan Road Mighty St. Patrick's Festival preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:WELL I just got a crazy surprise. After I menionted going to Disneyland this weekend my parents did some digging and uncovered our 2002 4 day park hopper tickets. Apparently we only used 3 days during our visit. (Were they ever going to tell me?! :lol: )

After some researching and talking with the amazing customer service team the tickets are still valid and they're more than happy to convert the 3 guest tickets and 2 child tickets to 5 current day tickets at the park whenever we'd like the visit. It pays to hold onto things!

Thanks to the stellar cast member service that answered my questions and I'm stoked to have an impromptu visit to Orlando this year!

If you think you have tickets with days remaining do some research and call the team to see if you're in luck!

I had the same thing happen a few years ago when my mother in law found tickets from sometime in the late 80s! Don't know specifically when but it was before MGM Studios opened because the tickets were only valid for Epcot and magic Kingdom and were the old style paper tickets that actually had a perforated tabs that tore off to give at entry for each day. There were 3 day kids tickets, one with 2 days left and one with 1 but guest services gave me adult park hoppers of the same length, so that was a pretty good investment after all these years haha.

I asked if they could somehow invalidate the ticket so I could keep it as a souvenir but they wouldn't let me, oh well I've got pictures somewhere.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:20 pm

I still have a "One Day World Passport" ticket from 1985, that I will redeem someday.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby trainplane3 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Edit: Link Removed. Please do not ever link to that site again. Thank you.

I completely understand. I know on another forum they are a banned source. I wasn't aware they were banned here as well. I personally can't stand the guy either.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:39 pm.

Postby thrillrider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Screamscape is reporting that the Disneyworld resorts are going to start charging resort guests for parking. If this is true, I'm not too thrilled about it. We are already paying top dollar to stay on property. One of the factors for us staying on property, is the money we save in parking fees(as we usually go for a week to 10 days at a time). I believe it's something like $22-$25 a day to park...that adds up quick.

What are your thoughts on this?
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:29 am

Universal Hotels charge for parking, the big resort hotels in Orlando charge for parking, I see it as a sign of the times unfortunately. There's a lot of discussion about parking and 'hotel fees', but for now they seem to be getting worse, not better.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:30 am

Doesn't surprise me. People don't often compare final cost to final cost. A lot of hotels compete on price based on the room rate, so it's a fairly common tactic to add fees for other things to get that room rate as low as possible. Parking and wifi are two things that were almost always free 5 years ago but now are starting to see fees in more places.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby jray21 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:46 am

It's too bad if they do, but it's not shocking or unexpected. Most places do charge for parking, so while it sucks, it's just how it is now. At least it won't be as bad as $75 a night like New York!

Postby thrillrider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 am

Outside of big city hotels, universal studios, and a few mega resorts we have stayed at over the years we have never had to pay a parking fee to stay.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby trainplane3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:10 am

It's official: https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resorts-information/news/14mar2018-disney-to-begin-charging-for-overnight-self-parking-at-its-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

- Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
- Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
- Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
- Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:26 am

thrillrider wrote:Outside of big city hotels, universal studios, and a few mega resorts we have stayed at over the years we have never had to pay a parking fee to stay.

Exactly. Places where space is at a premium or the resort destination distinction can dictate charging for parking. Some Days Inn in podunk Indiana will never charge for parking.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!