Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 116: Raglan Road Mighty St. Patrick's Festival preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:21 am

My wife and I have a kids-free Disney trip coming up next weekend and honestly I had kinda forgot about the Festival of the Arts at Epcot, but based on recent reviews from you guys and everywhere else I'm pretty excited about it. Glad we're spending most of a full day at Epcot and decided to not make a dining reservation so we can just stroll around and eat/drink at all of the stands dedicated to the festival.

(yes I realize the previous report from the Cruise Line, Aulani, and Adventures By Disney isn't part of the Festival of the Arts but still looking forward to the event.)

Postby bert425 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 am

just have to say how much I love that the video "frame" is the Tuna Poke. . the thing I was saying looked Amazing over and over in your live stream on this.

LOL. . Disney knows how to get me hungry!

it all looks pretty incredible. .
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:32 pm

SharkTums wrote:These experiences all get a premium price, but they're all worth it. KT and I still bring up that Adventures by Disney River Cruise on an almost daily basis!

I remember you saying how much you loved that trip as a family. It looked like such a diversity of beautiful sights, fun excursions and good eats. =) Just wondering what made that particular trip stand out to you amidst all the many adventures you've enjoyed around the world?

Alice

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm

^I think it was just nice seeing how well it was put together. My husband and child are not super into culture and nature but Disney did a great job keeping them entertained and interspersing fun activities into boring city and castle tours. Throw in a great riverboat with food and scenery and it was awesome.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 pm

SharkTums wrote:^I think it was just nice seeing how well it was put together. My husband and child are not super into culture and nature but Disney did a great job keeping them entertained and interspersing fun activities into boring city and castle tours. Throw in a great riverboat with food and scenery and it was awesome.

Thanks, Elissa. My respect for Disney has really grown since I joined TPR and followed your family's adventures. Growing up, all I wanted out of family vacations was a pool and rides. My mom was 'responsible' for seeing to the 'cultural' side of travel. My dad was in charge of 'good eating!' Bet we ALL would have LOVED that Disney riverboat option! :lol:

Alice

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:06 pm

Walt Disney World has sent us a press release announcing the extension of the final Spring Training season for the Atlanta Braves at ESPN Wide World of Sports before they move to their new training facilities.

The Atlanta Braves have announced that they will extend their Spring Training agreement with ESPN Wide World of Sports at Walt Disney World Resort through April 2019. The move was made to ensure there is enough time to complete their new facility in West Villages in the City of North Port, Sarasota County. The Braves will play their final 2019 Spring Training game in the new ballpark. The complex will officially open in April 2019 with the team’s Florida operations moving in at that time.

“We are thankful for our good friends at Walt Disney World Resort and are excited for this extension,” said John Schuerholz, Atlanta Braves Vice Chairman Emeritus. “We also appreciate the foresight and thoughtfulness of our partners in North Port, Sarasota County and West Villages in recognizing such an extension will be of benefit as we continue to make progress on our new facility. When complete, our new, state-of-the-art facility will secure our long-term goal of creating a perfectly positioned and operational Spring Training facility for the next 30 years.”

The Braves have held their Spring Training at Champion Stadium at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Florida since 1998.

When completed, the new ballpark in North Port will feature 6,500 fixed seats and 2,500 additional general admission, including berm and concourse.

“We fully support this decision by the Atlanta Braves as the construction administrators for the project,” said Jeff Maultsby, director of Sarasota County’s Office of Business and Economic Development. “The agreements between the project partners always envisioned and addressed the possibility that 2020 could be the Braves’ first full spring in Sarasota County, and we are excited to celebrate their arrival at the 2019 spring training finale.”

The overall facility will include six and a half practice fields, 55,000 square feet of clubhouse and fitness center for the Braves along with multi-purpose fields and public space that can be used for special events by the City and County.

The complex will operate year-round with extended spring training for minor league teams, Gulf Coast League and Fall Instructional League.

Disney Vacation Club has also sent us a press release announcing the new survey results showing that Disney Vacation Club members are more likely that most Americans to plan vacation time and to actually take annual vacations!

Dreaming of a beautiful destination, restful days and time away from the office? According to a new survey, Disney Vacation Club might just be the answer to helping Americans use more vacation time. As part of the U.S. Travel Association’s Project: Time Off National Plan for Vacation Day, Disney Vacation Club released survey results showing that their members are more likely than most Americans to plan vacation time in advance, as well as ensure they take annual vacations.

These findings show that, while more than half of Americans (54 percent according to Project: Time Off Initiative) fail to use all of their time off, 81 percent of Disney Vacation Club members used all of their vacation time by comparison. Recent Disney Vacation Club insights even show that a majority of members (95 percent) plan and take a vacation annually while only 54 percent of Americans do the same, which constitutes more than 40 percent more vacations planned per year than other U.S. travelers.

“Disney Vacation Club is the ideal way to vacation because it enables families to commit to investing more time with each other while enjoying unforgettable vacations year after year,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president, Disney Vacation Club. “Our members enjoy stays at 14 Disney Vacation Club Resorts in the United States, as well as at thousands of vacation destinations worldwide. By providing our members a wealth of choices for how to make the most out of their annual vacation time, Disney Vacation Club offers the perfect solution for those looking to savor what’s most important in life – time together with the ones we love.”

Project: Time Off recently released study findings showing more than 659 million paid vacation days go unused every year, and that the most effective remedy for Americans who want to use more vacation days is better planning.

However, survey results gathered from Disney Vacation Club members in December 2017 tell a more positive story, showing that Disney Vacation Club members enjoy an increased vacation frequency when traveling with Disney Vacation Club. Seventy-two percent of respondents said that being a Disney Vacation Club member inspires them to take more vacations, and 71 percent of respondents said that being a member ensures they take vacations annually.

Planning for vacation is an inherent element of the Disney Vacation Club experience with support provided throughout the process. As a result, members are able to overcome one of the primary barriers many have in using all of their vacation time.

To help employees get their vacation days on the calendar, Project: Time Off created a vacation planning tool. By simply entering the number of days off earned, users can plot out their trips or vacations for the year, export to their work or personal calendar, and share with their family and co-workers.
dvc1.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 am

WELL I just got a crazy surprise. After I menionted going to Disneyland this weekend my parents did some digging and uncovered our 2002 4 day park hopper tickets. Apparently we only used 3 days during our visit. (Were they ever going to tell me?! :lol: )

After some researching and talking with the amazing customer service team the tickets are still valid and they're more than happy to convert the 3 guest tickets and 2 child tickets to 5 current day tickets at the park whenever we'd like the visit. It pays to hold onto things!

Thanks to the stellar cast member service that answered my questions and I'm stoked to have an impromptu visit to Orlando this year!

If you think you have tickets with days remaining do some research and call the team to see if you're in luck!
20180214_121231.jpg
Hello old friends!!!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

^ That's awesome. I've heard a few similar stories, and it's such a great customer service thing to do. Plus, they can make some money from you this year when you otherwise probably wouldn't go, so it does benefit them to do it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Ape » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:47 pm

I love it, that's great to hear they are honoring them. Enjoy your future trip!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm

I've always wanted to go to spring training at WDW. Guess I have another year to plan that trip!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!