Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 105: Portobello replacement concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby The Geek Mojo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:50 am

Well if this gondola rumor is true...I'm definitely booking the Caribbean Resort for 2019 when Star Wars opens. Hopefully the project will be completed by then.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby IndoorSurvivalist » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:17 am

If they do decide to build it, they should be able to do it in just a few months depending on the complexity of the station buildings.

If they went with standard stations, and didn't enclose it in custom buildings it shouldn't really take any longer to install than a B&M style roller coaster. Knowing Disney they will want to do that, but about 6 moths sounds pretty reasonable from start to finish.

When they build these things at ski resorts or up mountains in general, they have to make the footers and then they partially assemble the towers and have to fly them up the mountain with a helicopter to install them. I think with this one they could do it with just a normal crane which would make it go a lot faster.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby super7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 am

This would be a great addition to the resort. It would also serve as an attraction/ride as well as transportation. Like the monorail.....

In looking at the Doppelmayr site, the US if far behind other parts of the world as far as aerial tramways go.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 pm

This whole conversation seems a bit silly given that the original source retracted what they said, and said that it was a boat type gondola transportation system being considered.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby ALT2870 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Footers still have to be poured and helicopters would still likely be used for minimum ground impact. These guys know what they are doing when building lifts and why change something that works? It takes around six months to build a lift anyway regardless of terrain. And yes, I meant 50MPH winds. :P I believe the average lift speed now days is around 1,000FPM. (And many don't run at their full speeds anyway.)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:50 pm

"Dola, Dola, Gon-Dola, Dola..."

:cool:

(A "sort of" riff on the Mono-Mono-Rail Song.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby DBJ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:24 pm

I like the idea of the boat system. Makes traveling to each of the locations feel more like a journey, a little extra magic if you will.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby middle_keeny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 am

I'm a little late to the discussion, but it 's interesting to note that the one hub at the south end of Caribbean Beach resort is also in the same area where a moderate DVC is going. It would be and added benefit of a DVC member staying there to have easy access to two parks.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:17 am

I'm super excited for this. We really don't have anything like this in the USA, but there are certainly examples of how this can work in other places around the world. I'd love to see something like the system setup at Kolmarden Park or Sentosa Island. Go Disney for thinking outside the box and doing something amazing.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:45 am

Nrthwnd wrote:"Dola, Dola, Gon-Dola, Dola..."

:cool:

(A "sort of" riff on the Mono-Mono-Rail Song.)

"Gon, Gon, Gon, Gon-Dola"
:airtime:
A parody of Kraftwerk's classic song "Autobahn"
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!