Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 121: City Works Eatery & Pour House at Disney Springs
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Sluggo77 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:07 pm

This looks absolutely amazing. Disney never disappoints!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dreynolds1982 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:58 am

I'm going to be down that way in early January and might check this out. Looks like such an awesome VR experience.

I know they put you through in groups (of 10 I think?) but is it suitable for someone to do by themselves or is it a more team-oriented thing? Wasn't sure there was a lot of team work and coordination involved or anything.
Favorite Parks: Carowinds (Home Park), BGW, Any Disney Park, IOA, Family Kingdom (Myrtle Beach Classic!)
Favorite Steel (no order): Apollo's Chariot, Fury 325, Hulk, Mind Bender (SFOG), Space Mt (DL), Afterburn (Carowinds), Volcano
Favorite Wood (no order): Georgia Cyclone, Thunder Road (Carowinds...RIP), Swamp Fox (Family Kingdom), Woodstock Express (Carowinds...no seriously it's awesome), Thunderhead

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:46 am

Wow that VR looks awesome, I love how the vest adds a sensory element to it. Always great to see another Disney Star Wars attraction, even if it technically isn't in the park itself. I'm even more excited about the new Cirque de Soleil show! Considering how amazing the Beatles show was I'm looking forward to hearing remixes of beloved Disney music and how they weave through all the iconic films to tell a single story!
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby johnychen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:26 pm

I have done the VR Ghostbusters experience in New York City and it was amazing. Can't wait to try the Star Wars version on my next visit to Orlando.
Native Houstonian, rocket scientist, mobile DJ, theme park enthusiast, geek, Youtuber, and community activist.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ArgoZ » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:44 am

dreynolds1982 wrote:I'm going to be down that way in early January and might check this out. Looks like such an awesome VR experience.

I know they put you through in groups (of 10 I think?) but is it suitable for someone to do by themselves or is it a more team-oriented thing? Wasn't sure there was a lot of team work and coordination involved or anything.

Groups of 4. If you are solo, they will likely match you up with at least a twosome. There is some buttons to press while others hold off enemies. There is no way to really fail, but there are so many troopers and targets to attack that I think it would be frustrating solo, as you would get hit a lot (your vest would buzz constantly) and it may take too much time to go through. I'd recommend booking your time on thevoid.com. The day we visited, it was reservation only and many walk ups were disappointed.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Today we were invited to attend the grand opening of "Maria & Enzo's Ristorante" a new Italian restaurant at Disney Springs. The restaurant is owner and operated by Patina which are also responsible for some of our favorite restaurants on Walt Disney World property such a Via Napoli and Morimoto Asia so we had very high expectations going in! I'm happy to report that not only were our high expectations met, but also exceeded! The food we sampled was absolutely fantastic! We are very much looking forward to going back and trying a full meal, and I have a feeling this location will also be joining several of the other Patina Group restaurants as some of our favorites at the resort!

The interior and theme of the restaurant is also VERY impressive! From their website, they describe it as: "Open and airy with 50-foot high ceilings, a grand staircase and floor-to-ceiling views of Lake Buena Vista, Maria & Enzo’s serves authentic Italian cuisine amidst a stunning design and décor celebrating the golden age of travel."

There is a wonderful "reveal" of the giant open room as you come through the "passenger check-in" area. Anyway, let's have some photos tell the rest of the story...

IMG_0053.JPG
Today was the grand opening for Maria & Enzo's at Disney Springs!

IMG_0079.JPG
Management from Patina & Disney were here to kick off the celebration, but the real bosses of course are Mickey & Minnie!

IMG_0096.JPG
And what would be better for the grand opening of a new Italian restaurant on "National Spaghetti Day" but a giant bowl of Spaghetti & Meatballs?

IMG_0111.JPG
As the restaurant is "travel themed" you enter through the passenger checkin before going into the lounge.

IMG_0113.JPG
Here is the main room! It's wonderful looking! I took a couple of panoramic photos (vertical & horizontal) to give you a better idea of the scale of it.

IMG_0116.JPG
And here is the horizontal view.

IMG_0117.JPG
Any good party will always have plenty of wine being served! :)

IMG_0119.JPG
But we were here for the food...and what we sampled was fantastic! These cheese & veggie skewers... YUM!

IMG_0120.JPG
The Arancini rice & meat balls were wonderful! Loved them!

IMG_0122.JPG
Some meat on a bread stick? Yes, please!

IMG_0124.JPG
Of course the real question is... "how was the pasta?" The answer? PERFECT! Having been to Italy many times, I can tell you that this is legit!

IMG_0134.JPG
How does Jeremiah like his meatballs? "Heavy, black, and pendulous!" (+10 points if you get that reference!) :P

IMG_0138.JPG
They kept bringing us more food! These was some sort of fried cheese....

IMG_0140.JPG
Needless to say, Elissa had many, many of these... and continued to have many more after this photo was taken!

IMG_0141.JPG
Elissa is also a fan of the meatballs...

IMG_0145.JPG
As we were saying...everything we had WAS JUST "PERFECT!"

IMG_0145a.JPG
Let's take a look at the menu, shall we?

IMG_0146.JPG
Here's the full menu...

IMG_0149.JPG
A little bit closer up...

IMG_0150.JPG
For a higher-end Italian restaurant, which is something that Disney Springs was very much in need of, I find the prices to be very reasonable, and if I are to assume portion sizes are similar to the other Patina group restaurants, I think everyone will be very pleased!

IMG_0164.JPG
Look at those amazing views!

IMG_0170.JPG
Again, another look at the main dining room area.

IMG_0176.JPG
The management came over to say hello to us, but what is that I see they have?

IMG_0178.JPG
Oh, hello! Are you a "Cheesecake pop?" Yes, you are! Yum!

IMG_0180.JPG
OMG! A whole plate of Cannolis? Just for ME?!?!? THANK YOU!!!

IMG_0183.JPG
Please do not make me choose between the Cheesecake pops and the Cannolis! They were both AWESOME!

IMG_0184.JPG
Right next door to Maria & Enzo's is Pizza Ponte, a quick-service pizza place.

IMG_0185.JPG
Here's a quick look at the menu, again very reasonable pricing for the portions you get.

IMG_0186.JPG
The slices look AMAZING!

IMG_0187.JPG
Some are thick squares, others are thin...

IMG_0188.JPG
But OMG! This round cheese pie!!!

IMG_0068.JPG
It's awesome to have these two new locations open at Disney Springs! We will be back soon for a full meal! Can't wait!

For more information, or to book reservations, please check out their website: https://www.patinagroup.com/maria-enzos/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Looks good, that main room is stunning in pictures and I can only imagine it in person.

Quick (maybe dumb) question, is this an entirely new building or something that was re-purposed/renovated from the Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island days? I can't keep straight was what was torn down and what was kept.

Looking forward to some pictures/review of the Edison that place looks right up my alley.

Postby bert425 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Yay. . I got my RHPS +10 points :)

and the food looks absolutely amazing -- I'd expect no less from the other restaurants you've reported on from Disney Springs.

absolutely LOVE the boarding pass, travel theme at the entrance. Are they able to carry it thru the whole dining experience? (the atmosphere in the main dining room looks like it loses some of it - tho I really like the "gate" entrances, but if the service is done with Airline Steward mode, I could see it being totally immersive and a really fun evening out).

thanks for the report.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Looks VERY good...thanks for sharing! :lover:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:Quick (maybe dumb) question, is this an entirely new building or something that was re-purposed/renovated from the Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island days? I can't keep straight was what was torn down and what was kept.

It was re-purposed, but I'm not exactly sure which buildings it was exactly because the entire complex there with Maria & Enzo's, Edison, Pizza Ponte, and the underground bar is pretty gigantic!

bert425 wrote:Are they able to carry it thru the whole dining experience? (the atmosphere in the main dining room looks like it loses some of it - tho I really like the "gate" entrances, but if the service is done with Airline Steward mode, I could see it being totally immersive and a really fun evening out).

To be honest, I don't think the goal here is to be an overly-themed "character" dining experience (character meaning the servers being in character) like Skipper's Canteen, I just think it's supposed to be a nicely themed, high-end restaurant with great food. Personally, I'm not that big of fan of when your servers try to "be a character" so I'm just fine with it being a normal restaurant with some amazing theming.

That being said, there are some other "themed" elements throughout the dining room, like the first class lounge, etc...
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:35 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!