Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 119 - H20 Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Ape » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Food wise pretty much anything except for seafood. I would think for us something that is neat for the kids too would be good. I honestly know 0 about the food there except for the awesome pot roast mac and cheese and the waffle sandwhichs

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:45 pm

SharkTums wrote:^What kind of food/experiences do you guys like? There are seriously like 100+ choices, and some of them are AMAZING, all of them are fine.

Even without EPCOT on his list?

World Showcase has my favorite DisneyWorld restaurant (Marrakesh), that amazing French place, and the Canadian Steakhouse.

the food in the Mexico pyramid isn't bad either, tho not the best I've ever had.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:06 pm

bert425 wrote:
SharkTums wrote:^What kind of food/experiences do you guys like? There are seriously like 100+ choices, and some of them are AMAZING, all of them are fine.

Even without EPCOT on his list?

Yes cause they can do resorts and Disney Springs!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Ape wrote:I finally officially booked our stay and flights at Disney we are now going jan 28th - feb 1 with Monday Tuesday and Wednesday being park days. Most likely it will look like this

Monday - Animal Kingdom
Tuesday- Magic Kingdom
Wednesday - Hollywood Studios

We are staying at Art Of Animation. I can't wait to take my kids back again this will be the last year we can do this in the middle of winter as my son starts school next year.

I see I can book dining now if i want. Do you guys have any suggestions? I think we may do one or two of the table service restaurants.

Ok...so here are a few random suggestions:

Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti! We love this restaurant!!! Super great Asian food of all types, really friendly servers, cool drinks (for both kids and adults), lots of stuff to look at in the restaurant and easy to get into for an early lunch. Make sure to do the actual Table Service restaurant and not the quick serve next door.

Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest!!!! Also, try to get a reservation NOW. This is one of the harder reservations to get. Lunch is quick service and dinner is table service. Great rooms, french style food, amazing desserts! The other 'new hotness' at Magic Kingdom is the Jungle Cruise themed restaurant which is super interesting but the food is quite adventurous so make sure to check the menu first.

Hollywood Studios - Sci Fi Dine In - Also a harder reservation, but it's super unique and kids usually freak out when they see what the 'restaurant' is.

Art of Animation has (in my opinion) one of the better hotel quick serve restaurants too.

Postby Ape » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:07 am

Excellent, Thank you for the response. I will go ahead and book Be Our Guest.

Whats your experience with January weekday crowds?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:34 am

Ape wrote:Excellent, Thank you for the response. I will go ahead and book Be Our Guest.

Whats your experience with January weekday crowds?

You're there after the Marathon which is good, there will certainly be some South American tour groups, but that's definitely a good time to go. Do be prepared for some 'un Florida' type temperatures as we can get a cold front that time of year that will bring us into the 40's.

Postby Ape » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 am

We are coming from Cincinnati, Any boost in temps is going to be welcomed from us.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 am

Ape wrote:We are coming from Cincinnati, Any boost in temps is going to be welcomed from us.

Yeah, I know you're good for the cold, but so many people come in the winter and assume it's 80 degrees all the time...and it very well COULD be, but there are always the chances for cold temps so make sure to pack some pants and jackets just in case!

Postby Ape » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:47 am

40's at that time of year for us is t-shirt and short wearing weather!

in all seriousness thank you for the heads up. I do hope it is a bit warmer so maybe the kids can enjoy one of the pools one day but no big loss if they can't i know the risk with coming at the end of Jan. We were aiming for second week of Feb but they sold out at Art of Animation before I had a chance to put the deposit down.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:21 am

| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!