TPR's Ever Evolving Park Index

Page 94: Updated list of needs with new 2018 rides
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:33 am

^Thanks, I noticed the same thing last night too trying to add pictures from suggestions. I'll have Robb look into it. With him in Europe it may be a few days until we get an answer.

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:48 pm

I wanted to put my Kemahh P:TR under the Kemah section in the index page. I already added it. Then, I went back to see if it had been added. It wasn't. Does it have to be approved by a mod/admin?

Thanks. I really like the new index! Robb, your a pro with this stuff!

-Tatum

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:59 pm

astroworldfan1 wrote:Does it have to be approved by a mod/admin?

yes.

This allows us to screen submissions and choose the best (not to mention avoid any spam abuse)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:38 pm

Hey everyone!

Hopefully by now you've been making good use of TPR's new park index system:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/

The new park index now has over 400 parks represented!

It's now been live for about a month and lots of bugs have been fixed, and we need FEEDBACK!

Can you guys give some feedback about what you like, don't like, what you find most useful, what you think we should add, etc.

--Robb

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Can you put in sections for rides or general park photos? It is nice to show what coasters a park has, but there are other things to do at a park.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Being able to sort by park and have trips reports and videos on the same subject in ONE place is really useful and a time saver. I like how there are PTRs from different years. Gives a good history and contrast of a particular park.

Is there a way to include certain ride PoV's for a particular park (ie Hulk for IOA, etc.)? Or is that another can of worms?

There reason for asking is, most times I'm interested in a specific coaster and would hunt that by park. Sure, RCDB is an option, but they don't have PoV's.

To sum up, no gripes and this index is a great tool. Kudos to you all on a mammoth job. =)

nagro5 tastes like poo-poo.

Postby nagro5 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:58 pm

I have a question. Are we only supposed to submit photos of the coasters in the park? Can we submit general park photos or photos of flats also?

EDIT: Airtime&Gravity beat me to it.
Total Coasters: 200 (167 steel, 33 wood)
Total Parks: 34

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Airtime&Gravity wrote:Can you put in sections for rides or general park photos? It is nice to show what coasters a park has, but there are other things to do at a park.

For quite a few parks we have more than just roller coasters. The section is called "Roller Coaster and Ride Photos" and you can see at many parks we have added dark rides, flat rides, rapids rides, etc.

Here are a few examples:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=40
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=30
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=42
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/page.php?pageid=33

Have a look at those and see if that's what you're talking about.

TheRapidsNerd wrote:Is there a way to include certain ride PoV's for a particular park (ie Hulk for IOA, etc.)? Or is that another can of worms?

For each park there is a section for "videos" which links you to all the videos we have available on TPR. So for example, if you were looking for a Hulk POV, you can just look at the Universal's Islands of Adventure page and scroll down to "videos"
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/pa ... pageid=369

--Robb

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:32 pm

Aha! That's a winner =)

Oh, I'm gonna have a GOOOOD time reading the index over the next few nights.

Thank you for your patience, Robb.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby odie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:44 pm

This is a great idea! I love how I feel like a true part of the TPR website when my pictures are actually on the site. But today, when I was trying to add a photo TR to a park, I went into the search mode to find it but I found this 'General Error' instead:

"Could not insert search results

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '804912688' for key 1

INSERT INTO forum_search_results (search_id, session_id, search_array) VALUES(804912688, 'b537b63248f2377a94c37b81b9dc06f5', 'a:7:{s:14:"search_results";s:68:"17130, 17999, 25025, 35318, 36179, 36457, 36522, 37781, 41484, 45071";s:17:"total_match_count";i:10;s:12:"split_search";a:2:{i:0;s:4:"wild";i:1;s:5:"waves";}s:7:"sort_by";i:0;s:8:"sort_dir";s:4:"DESC";s:12:"show_results";s:6:"topics";s:12:"return_chars";i:200;}')

Line : 703
File : search.php"

The search was working fine today until I tried uploading some photos, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the index but I could be wrong.

Thanks,
Odie.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!