TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Ever Evolving Park Index

The new park index page is now LIVE!

If you click "Park Index" from either the links above or the front page you will be taken to the new index:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/

Remember that now you can add your ride/coaster photos and trip reports to the database!

Just click the link at the bottom of the park page, fill out the form, and attach your images! It's very easy and it's great to see your photos featured on Theme Park Review!

Thanks again to everyone who helped out on this project!

--Robb

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Sorry to be nit-picking, but on the index, Lightwater Valley is labelled as "Lightwater Valley, Blackpool, Lancashire, UK" when I know for a fact that it isn't . When you click the link, however, it is displayed correctly as "North Stainley, Ripon, North Yorkshire "

I know it's only a minor issue, but I thought it might help with the search.

Well done, Robb, this is a great function and is really helpful. Good job, have a cookie

----------------

Now playing: Feeder - Who's The Enemy

via FoxyTunes

^ I'm not going to answer for Robb, but in short no.

PTR's are what make TPR cool. With this system, members can upload stuff rather than the mods having to go through thousands of PTR's and add them manually. Right now, we move PTRs to the Archive Forum, and then pick the stuff we think is the best of the bunch. It's time consuming.

It says I need to log in, but the problem is that I was logged in when I tried to upload a photo.

It's a seperate log in to upload a photo to the index. It uses your forum name and password, you just have to input it one more time.

It's a way to keep spambots from using the form.

One question: do you see this as a long term replacement for posting TR's on the forum?

No, not at all. It's just an easier way for us to do our "official TPR updates."

We've always had the park index, it's just a newer system that's more customizable, easier to update, and probably the most important part, USEFUL SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

--Robb

--Robb

This is a great improvement! A feature like this is basically what I was looking for when I first visited this site. I've found a wealth of information here by browsing the forums and searching for TRs on parks that interest me, but it did take a little more work than it seemed like it should have. Depsite my efforts, I'm still easily frustrated with the functionality (lack of) of the forum search feature. This makes it almost too easy now. Thank you very much!

I noticed that under Beech Bend, the link to the 2007 Midwest Trip photo update still directs to the forum update, rather than the official photo update like all the others. Just thought I'd point that out to you guys!

What are you talking about? Mine links correctly!

When we started this project of updating the park pages,the official Midwest update was not done yet. So the got linked to the forum update. I have made that change for Beach Bend and when I get time I will go check all the other parks to make sure they link to the official update.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bob

Great features on there now...however there is a bug. I tried adding Fire Fall (not even listed yet as it's a new ride) and tried adding to Delirium (One that was already listed) and came up with an error. The end result was this:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(pimages/suggest/IMG_0168.JPG) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home2/themepar/public_html/parks/suggest.php on line 44

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpwHTI09' to 'pimages/suggest/IMG_0168.JPG' in /home2/themepar/public_html/parks/suggest.php on line 44

Just thought I'd point that out.

^Thanks, I noticed the same thing last night too trying to add pictures from suggestions. I'll have Robb look into it. With him in Europe it may be a few days until we get an answer.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

Hopefully by now you've been making good use of TPR's new park index system:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/

The new park index now has over 400 parks represented!

It's now been live for about a month and lots of bugs have been fixed, and we need FEEDBACK!

Can you guys give some feedback about what you like, don't like, what you find most useful, what you think we should add, etc.

--Robb