Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:26 am

^ For real. ABC covered it on the evening news and teased it before all 23 commercial breaks, talkin' bout "riders left dangling in mid air" while they show the shot of an empty train. barf. Its literally the most non-news 'roller coaster stuck' news article in the history of non-news 'roller coaster stuck' news articles.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby VACoasterdude » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:34 am

It was also on NBC Nightly News last night. Good timing for SFA as ACE's Coaster Con was occurring @ SFA yesterday with nearly 600 attendees at the park.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby hoppedup » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:07 am

Apocalypse was closed the day we were there recently. My daughter said, "We weren't going to ride that one anyway, were we?" Nope. We went straight to the back of the park and got two front row rides on ROS without getting out of our seats. Then we did a few more moving around the train without leaving the platform.

I really enjoyed ROS, Joker's Jinx, and The Wild One. ROAR and Batwing, not so much. We were there about 2 hours and got multiples on everything we wanted to re-ride. We skipped ME based on reputation but thoroughly enjoyed Riddler's Revenge at SFNE. The knowledge gleaned from this forum is invaluable at making coaster/park decisions.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 am

I just had a co-worker point out "another disaster at an amusement park" in regards to Superman getting stuck on the lift hill. The media is so useless sometimes :roll:
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Coaster Count: 113

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Highridin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm

SFA is finally in the 4's on Google. Stayed in the 3's for years. Just thought I'd share. Found out while looking for park hours.
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Rayj » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:23 pm

Is there a reason why six flags doesn’t do the summer concerts or Batman show anymore? I definitely think it will boost tickets sales. If they’re not going to add a new coaster to the dry side, then I think this a good addition.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby JG-77 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:02 am

Hey guys, I’m thinking of riding mind eraser next visit. I haven’t been on it in many years, and that was long before I was an enthusiast, so I’m thinking of seeing just how awful it is (though some people have said it’s tolerable if you ride it certain ways). What tips do you guys have so that my ride won’t be as awful as it needs to be?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Rayj wrote:Is there a reason why six flags doesn’t do the summer concerts or Batman show anymore? I definitely think it will boost tickets sales. If they’re not going to add a new coaster to the dry side, then I think this a good addition.

Budget
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Highridin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm one who has no issue with it. Ride in front.
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Rayj » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:08 pm

JG-77 wrote:Hey guys, I’m thinking of riding mind eraser next visit. I haven’t been on it in many years, and that was long before I was an enthusiast, so I’m thinking of seeing just how awful it is (though some people have said it’s tolerable if you ride it certain ways). What tips do you guys have so that my ride won’t be as awful as it needs to be?
in my opinion, minderaser is more tolerable than apocalypse. At least it has a somewhat exciting layout. Even gp and locals hate apocalypse.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!