TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^^ Great review!

I personally won't go into any haunted attraction at any Six Flags/Cedar Fair park. Now that I have been to haunt events at Six Flags America, Kings Dominion, Dorney park, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas I have lost all faith in any of them actually being good. They simply just send too many people through at once. Not sure how you can scare a group of 10-15 people at once. That is just too many. Yes, I know they have a crap load of people to get through these things. However, it does not state anywhere you are guaranteed to go through every haunted attraction on one visit. I would rather pick one or two ones that have themes I like and be totally scared in them then go through all of them and get a mediocre experience. The theming is usually pretty good in them. Also, the actors rarely have actually jumped out and scared me. They are usually just walking around and get in my face. Not sure how that is supposed to be scary.

Yes, you don't have to pay separately for mazes at KD, or any CF Park for that matter.

it's so weird that some Six Flags Parks charge for the haunts, and some dont.

at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the houses are all free.

oh sure, you can purchase a "skip the lines" / "Express Pass". . .but one can wait in the standby lines and the haunts are all free.

^Thx. Do the Saturdays vs Sundays during FF differ much crowd-wise? Also of the next three weekends of FF is there any recommendation for which to choose crowdwise, or is it unpredictable?

We went in for our FF fix last night with no threat of rain and not too bad temperatures. We rolled in at 4:45 with a 5PM gate opening. There was only one lane to the parking lot open which was interesting, at first. We figured with the procession starting at 6 we would grab some food and get into the arena for the 615 Awakening. Heritage House seemed surprised they had customers at 5PM. I was asked if I wanted to use my dinner on the dining pass and I responded jokingly by asking if I could use my lunch. Holy Cow that went over their heads and caused a stir.

RC and Fliers (The 14 year-old claimed she caught a wind gust and snapped, pretty sure she was messing with me) and a couple of rides on WO and then JJ. WO seemed to be running slower but not as rough. From there we headed into the arena.

20181019_181633.thumb.jpg.2605b0594865f26ccb03c5b3acfcc8c4.jpg

The ratio of security to guest was outstanding!

The volume was waaaaaaaaaaay toooooooo loud. If you buy a $5 glowy thing you got to sit VIP! Seemed like the same show as last year. I saw a large group enter and it took a few seconds to realize that they were the haunters. Yes, it seems like they went into a Halloween Store after Halloween last year and snapped up all of the clearance costumes.

20181019_181125.thumb.jpg.bbded73c7c68a79cb1bc5d6ef25f64dc.jpg

I entertained myself trying to get a shot of the moon, VD, and WO from the rare inside the arena view. Unsuccessful.

We banged a right and headed Superman for a few rides in the sunset / dark. Just cold enough to sting your cheeks. WW backwards was fun and was the longest line I have waited in in a long time. One cycle.

IMG_3008_2.jpg.6c2ddd7a47bd95fa1694821b4b0fc799.jpg

The volume was waaaaaaaaaaay toooooooo loud. If you buy a $5 glowy thing you got to sit VIP! Seemed like the same show as last year. I saw a large group enter and it took a few seconds to realize that they were the haunters. Yes, it seems like they went into a Halloween Store after Halloween last year and snapped up all of the clearance costumes

The volume last year was too low, so I’m glad they turned it up. However, the awakening doesn’t have the same atmosphere or feeling anymore since it moved to the arena. The storyline was much better when it was at celebration stage and when it included Eleanor.

I agree about the costumes. The budget for the costumes seems very cheap, almost makes the actors not scary. I asked someone at guest relations why it was such an increase in the haunted house pass this year and they said it’s because of the new maze “total damnation”, but the maze was lackluster and short.

Has Roar been running well this year? I have not ridden it in 10 years was wondering how it has held up.

I have been to the park last month. I have to say the front is decent but the back is rougher. IMO the whole coaster doesn't do anything, it's just there.

When I was there in April (which I know was a long time ago) it was running great. I thought it was super smooth and what you expect from a midsize GCI... Remember though that it runs 2 bench trains instead of Millennium Flyers so make sure you sit in the front seat of a car.