TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

They could easily market it as a new experience, seeing that Blue Hawk and Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast exist.

When SFoG transformed Ninja to Blue Hawk in 2016, it was not the 'new for 2016' attraction, but rather a bonus extra project in addition to what was added for that year. Hence Blue Hawk was NOT considered a 'new' coaster since the track did not change. Similarly, converting Apocalypse to floorless will not make that coaster 'new' but it will change up the ride experience a bit. So I guess it will be a wait-and-see if SFA is really bringing in a 'new' thrill like they have been teasing.

^ I think your right

I asked 3 park employees what they thought was going on with Apocalypse?

First employee, who worked on the ride. said tear down and replace with a new coaster.

Second said just a name change

Third park employee said a Rougarou treatment

I didn’t see any evidence for new construction around the ride nor did I see any staging area with new coaster track.

My guess new floor less trains and a name change.

It would be cool if the ride layout was altered to accommodate the train change.

Add a new element or two.

^ I think your right

First employee, who worked on the ride. said tear down and replace with a new coaster.

I didn’t see any evidence for new construction around the ride nor did I see any staging area with new coaster track.

It would be cool if the ride layout was altered to accommodate the train change.

Just b/c something is removes does not mean it has to be replaced the next season. They could tear it down and leave it open for future development. Also, the lack of "staging" means nothing since SF builds largely inexpensive coasters that take no time. A free fly needs no early pre staging. The same with a Raptor, it can be built in 3 to 4 months according to RMC. A Skywarp, which SF claims is a coaster, has very little to the actual construction. These are 3 things most likely if they actually replace it with a coaster and all are quick builds that would require no prep this early.

Edited by Sven20

Went to the park yesterday. Pretty empty. Multiple rides on WO, SM, JJ, and took my last stand...

Cajun was down at the start of the day and was still down when we left. We did see three RC trains next to the barn by the picnic pavilion. JJ was down at the start of the day. SFA does not handle heavy rain like Knoebels. My favorite thing I saw today was workers bailing water out of the condiment boxes in Gotham, gross, who'd a thunk it? Leaving boxes out in the rain. A lot of ripped seats on the Fliers and WO, some less than expertly repaired via duct tape. ROAR is so much better in the cold, and is so much worse in the rain, which is when we called it quits. In at 1020 out at 210. Food service on chicken strips in Gotham was LIGHTNING FAST! Most staff was doing the high five thing. We had a season pass barcode worn and had no issues at the gate, food service, or getting a replacement.

2073755072_20180822_124654(1).thumb.jpg.bcea383772ef834fda0cf374eb4f69cb.jpg

Do we pay any mind to the same font on Apocalypse and Python?

20180822_131418.thumb.jpg.665a7fbcf302de0f3c3741b2288ccfef.jpg

Speaking of the carousel, no caution tape now, but they look of letting the airbrush guy go wild.

20180822_131423.thumb.jpg.a1311fafc44db94c384e69f2837a5351.jpg

20180822_131429.thumb.jpg.ee7e94bf6c9e4db4f81434613c2a6f1e.jpg

20180822_132145.thumb.jpg.aebd677d41bfb33a208e4e07c9555182.jpg

Great race from California to MD? At least it shows where all of the trees are.

20180822_132937.thumb.jpg.0ddda3ffaa35166856cb66439e66fb58.jpg

20180822_133003.thumb.jpg.e159854e8785edc2970713ab8e1c2b5d.jpg

20180822_133118.thumb.jpg.3e483893d6c80dc2cdfc593db96813cc.jpg

20180822_133140.thumb.jpg.60858e284937322a1b43834c51c1b52f.jpg

Edited by MisterBrow

well.. the Carousel certainly looks to be in better condition than it was 2 1/2 weeks ago (with holes in the floor taped over, missing horses,and just very trashy).

nice to see they've fixed it up immensely in just a short time.

^ I think your right

You think the upper management team is really going to tell the lower level associates what is going on? That would be silly - it would definitely out there.

Side note - this park has one of the worst antique car set ups. I love this park partly because its my home park but they could easily spruce up the cars area.

Side note - this park has one of the worst antique car set ups. I love this park partly because its my home park but they could easily spruce up the cars area.

Have you ever taken a look at SFSTL's antique car layout? If not, take a look and then you may want to reassess your 'Worst' comment. SFSTL's Moon Cars had a great layout back in the day (original attraction), then it got neutered/shortened when they built the picnic area ... then it got neutered/shortened again when American Thunder was built. It is ridiculously short with no themeing, none. It is a wonder why they continue to operate the attraction (ha if you can call it that).

Have you ever taken a look at SFSTL's antique car layout? If not, take a look and then you may want to reassess your 'Worst' comment. SFSTL's Moon Cars had a great layout back in the day (original attraction), then it got neutered/shortened when they built the picnic area ... then it got neutered/shortened again when American Thunder was built. It is ridiculously short with no themeing, none. It is a wonder why they continue to operate the attraction (ha if you can call it that).

I've never been there. So, I can only compare them to ones I have ridden/seen in person. My favorite ones are definitely Knoebels and Kings Dominion.

I sort of miss the piratey themed area where Apocalypse is. I don't know how long ago it happened, but they combined the pirate area (don't remember the name) with the Nantucket themed area and named it Chesapeake. The problem is almost nothing there resembles anything close to the Chesapeake Bay (for instance Roar or maybe whatever is replacing Apocalypse could be renamed to Chessie). I liked the look of the old areas. Even the Nantucket area, as small as it was (especially after they blocked a guest path), had a nice theme to it.

I sort of miss the piratey themed area where Apocalypse is. I don't know how long ago it happened, but they combined the pirate area (don't remember the name) with the Nantucket themed area and named it Chesapeake. The problem is almost nothing there resembles anything close to the Chesapeake Bay (for instance Roar or maybe whatever is replacing Apocalypse could be renamed to Chessie). I liked the look of the old areas. Even the Nantucket area, as small as it was (especially after they blocked a guest path), had a nice theme to it.

Let me be the first to say that they better not name any ride outside of a kiddie one, Chessie. It would be impossible to take it seriously.

Mister Brow,

I (being a Marylander like yourself) recall all of those rides in the "Graveyard".

Two-Face was unique (well, being an Inverted Boomerang) as well Iron Eagle. Which of those rides did you like the best?

I was rather indifferent with both. I actually moved to MD in 2000 from upstate NY.

Found this on reddit. Take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn’t completely dismiss this rumor since great adventure already leaked their ride on the website. What are your thoughts on apocalypse becoming a floorless coaster themed to Fornite? If this is true, I wouldn’t be surprised and I can see the addition of VR.

81D3804A-BD4C-4FEB-B1D9-1A83FFB26D46.thumb.jpeg.8b927b81c0c4058d62645cfcb7634dd3.jpeg

F9EBAEEB-9C3B-4B31-9E51-EDFE0E0E5862.thumb.png.34c5e025c1b30597d1cf189076d3c96b.png

^ Alright I'm willing to believe Apocalypse is getting the floorless conversion but not Georgia Scorcher. Besides you would think SFOG would of announced it's closing day by now like SFA. I don't think Georgia Scorcher needs the conversion anyways.

I'm no moderator, but I personally don't like stumbling upon Reddit ride spoilers/leaks here, even if they prove to be total nonsense. Out of respect to the parks, I want to let them and TPR give the us the official "Christmas morning" reveals when it's time. Reddit already has Reddit covered. I understand that it's fun to peak at the gifts and speculate, but it disappoints me when announcements could get spoiled for those of us who like to wait.