TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

This is ridiculous. The ride's safety features worked as intended. Why is this ne...

(sees what park it is)

... you know what, actually yeah. Maybe for safety reasons they should shut this place down and replace it with a better park. You can never be too careful.

This is ridiculous. The ride's safety features worked as intended. Why is this ne...

(sees what park it is)

... you know what, actually yeah. Maybe for safety reasons they should shut this place down and replace it with a better park. You can never be too careful.

you think you're funny, you're actually just ridiculous

^ For real. ABC covered it on the evening news and teased it before all 23 commercial breaks, talkin' bout "riders left dangling in mid air" while they show the shot of an empty train. barf. Its literally the most non-news 'roller coaster stuck' news article in the history of non-news 'roller coaster stuck' news articles.

Apocalypse was closed the day we were there recently. My daughter said, "We weren't going to ride that one anyway, were we?" Nope. We went straight to the back of the park and got two front row rides on ROS without getting out of our seats. Then we did a few more moving around the train without leaving the platform.

I really enjoyed ROS, Joker's Jinx, and The Wild One. ROAR and Batwing, not so much. We were there about 2 hours and got multiples on everything we wanted to re-ride. We skipped ME based on reputation but thoroughly enjoyed Riddler's Revenge at SFNE. The knowledge gleaned from this forum is invaluable at making coaster/park decisions.

Is there a reason why six flags doesn’t do the summer concerts or Batman show anymore? I definitely think it will boost tickets sales. If they’re not going to add a new coaster to the dry side, then I think this a good addition.

Hey guys, I’m thinking of riding mind eraser next visit. I haven’t been on it in many years, and that was long before I was an enthusiast, so I’m thinking of seeing just how awful it is (though some people have said it’s tolerable if you ride it certain ways). What tips do you guys have so that my ride won’t be as awful as it needs to be?

Hey guys, I’m thinking of riding mind eraser next visit. I haven’t been on it in many years, and that was long before I was an enthusiast, so I’m thinking of seeing just how awful it is (though some people have said it’s tolerable if you ride it certain ways). What tips do you guys have so that my ride won’t be as awful as it needs to be?
in my opinion, minderaser is more tolerable than apocalypse. At least it has a somewhat exciting layout. Even gp and locals hate apocalypse.

Well . . . maybe someday SF Corporate will show SFA some love with more of a budget for better shows/concerts (I thought this year's stunt show wasn't as good as last year's stunt show).

As for Apocalypse and ME . . . only way I'll do them is front row

Thanks for your responses! I actually don’t mind Apocalypse and enjoy a ride if there’s no line, as I can avoid most of the head banging by keeping my head forward.

Anyway I visited the park today, it was slammed (especially the water park). Wahoo River is open! I’ll have some photos up later today probably.

EDIT: I won't be able to get the report up until tomorrow, since I have to go to bed and I have work tomorrow.

SFA is consistent. For the last 3 summers, the park has made national news with stories of horror. People being trapped on a rollercoaster!

And there was also a bomb threat in 2016. And a couple weeks ago, a 14 year old boy nearly drowned in the wave pool

That is actually a really good picture of Apocalypse.

Well . . . maybe someday SF Corporate will show SFA some love with more of a budget for better shows/concerts (I thought this year's stunt show wasn't as good as last year's stunt show).

As for Apocalypse and ME . . . only way I'll do them is front row

All of their shows are terrible - summer, Halloween, and Christmas! The worst is the black light show in the main theater during the summer. They could take a lesson from Cedar Fair, Dollywood, and Hershey for quality shows.