Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 681 - Wahoo River to replace Castaway Creek in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:33 pm

boldikus wrote:I'm honestly quite shocked that that looks appealing to anyone. I mean I'm sure it tastes great but they get an F for presentation. Are wet wipes included in purchase price? I mean, have you seen Hershey's shakes?

I understand. Hershey's shakes looked very appealing, but then also beer. :lol:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:42 am

My general feeling is that this park tends to be dead. If I were to stop in a week from Sunday, will anything have a long wait? I was thinking the two I need to hit early are Batwing (slow loading) and Ragin Cajun.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:00 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:My general feeling is that this park tends to be dead. If I were to stop in a week from Sunday, will anything have a long wait? I was thinking the two I need to hit early are Batwing (slow loading) and Ragin Cajun.

Lol I was there this past Sunday and I don't think I waited longer than 5 minutes for anything. And that's even pushing it.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:15 am

^ Sounds like how my lone visit was in 2012. Except that visit was on a weekday so I wanted to check.

I'm just hoping Superman is actually open this time.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:10 pm

When's the cheapest time to buy a season pass that includes parking for 1 person?

I seem to recall last year, they said the August/September time frame that that would be the cheapest time to buy a season pass?

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:56 am

While we wait for something interesting to happen regarding SFA, here's a question we could debate for a few posts:

What's the best seat/best way to ride each of the rides at SFA (and "don't" is not an acceptable answer :lol:)

I'm asking this 50% because I want to know, and 50% because I want some more activity on this thread :p
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:52 pm

JG-77 wrote:While we wait for something interesting to happen regarding SFA,

Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jason Maier » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:25 pm

JG-77 wrote:While we wait for something interesting to happen regarding SFA, here's a question we could debate for a few posts:

What's the best seat/best way to ride each of the rides at SFA (and "don't" is not an acceptable answer :lol:)

I'm asking this 50% because I want to know, and 50% because I want some more activity on this thread :p

Well . . . . for Superman: Ride of Steel . . . . you get a more forceful ride in the back row, while you get a better view in the front row.

Batwing . . . . well, keep your eyes closed on the lift hill unless you want to stare into the sun.

Wild One & Roar . . . . front or back row. And from what has been said here . . . on coasters with PTC trains, avoid a wheel seat.

Mind Eraser . . . keep your head back.

Aocalypse . . . . keep your head back . . and wear a jockstrap :D

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Does anyone else think that the Gotham Arena is going to be torn down in the years to come. It's been years since they've hosted anything of substance there. There's also another venue in the front of the park which could easily host any cheer events or anything along the lines of that.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jason Maier » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:29 pm

djackson wrote:Does anyone else think that the Gotham Arena is going to be torn down in the years to come. It's been years since they've hosted anything of substance there. There's also another venue in the front of the park which could easily host any cheer events or anything along the lines of that.

Who knows . . . maybe they'll do the awakening there again for Fright Fest this year. I know in years past they had a BMX show (and back in the 90's, they had a Batman stunt show).

If it does get torn down, what goes in it's place?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!