TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Honestly I like the layout a lot now that it's smooth. You can't go around comparing every coaster to **insert OMFG amazing coaster that SFA is never getting here**. If the SFNE Mind Eraser were at SFA it would probably be the third or fourth best ride in the park. I would be thrilled with that.

^ I agree, its amazing how much those trains changed Mind Eraser, it went from a ride I would always avoid to something I try to ride at least once when I go to SFNE. Hell I find Goliath way rougher than it now.

Yeah, I agree with you Coasterbill. Mind Eraser w/ Lapbars or Vest restraints would probably be the 4th best coaster in the park. Mind Eraser's layout is actually pretty cool albeit short and without the Headbanging I'd definitely ride it more than apocalypse, roar, Batwing and Rajin Cajun

Honestly I've spent the majority of my adult life pretending Mind Eraser at SFNE didn't exist. It's been my home park forever, we've had passes since 2000 and up until this year I rode it twice ever (the second time after a decade plus long break since Brit had never been on it). This year I rode it twice. I love it now. The new train is awesome.

Even if it wasn't as rough, its still a pretty unimaginative, uninteresting coaster. Imagine how much more fun you'd have on an RMC Raptor or T-Rex.

Definitely would have to 'imagine' it for two reasons. We are definitely not getting either of those, and, no one has ridden those yet.

I've actually enjoyed myself more on SFA's SLC than my rides this year at SFNE. Like all coasters, especially inverts, reaction is subjective. SFNE was an 8.5 hour drive and I didn't feel great and I rode it first on the first evening waiting for other lines to die down (and Batman went down). The next morning I rode it early waiting for Superman to open. Didn't hurt but just wasn't exciting. At SFA I'm more likely to ride it last, sometimes I enjoy sometimes I don't, get off muttering "boing boing boing boing". And yes I do often reride it, maybe that's where SFNE's was lacking -- they actually have the coaster for it just not the policy.... I've also had mixed reaction to B&M inverts, although I do generally prefer them now.

I hope Minderaser does get new trains/restraints. It has a prettt decent layout and I always preferred it over apocalypse. I know it just arrived in 2012, but I hope apocalypse gets scrapped soon lol. Would rather see a raptor or 4d free fly in its spot.

Honestly I like the layout a lot now that it's smooth. You can't go around comparing every coaster to **insert OMFG amazing coaster that SFA is never getting here**. If the SFNE Mind Eraser were at SFA it would probably be the third or fourth best ride in the park. I would be thrilled with that.

I think that the problem is that there are about 40 SLC's in existence. When I'm going from park to park, I don't want to waste a credit on a coaster that I've ridden since I was a but a young lad. I'd rather experience new twists and turns, and get an understand on a new layout. You only live once afterall. Don't waste your precious time and money on standard SLC's.

I think that the problem is that there are about 40 SLC's in existence. When I'm going from park to park, I don't want to waste a credit on a coaster that I've ridden since I was a but a young lad. I'd rather experience new twists and turns, and get an understand on a new layout. You only live once afterall. Don't waste your precious time and money on standard SLC's.

No one cares about this but enthusiasts.

I hope Minderaser does get new trains/restraints. It has a prettt decent layout and I always preferred it over apocalypse. I know it just arrived in 2012, but I hope apocalypse gets scrapped soon lol. Would rather see a raptor or 4d free fly in its spot.

Not even sit down or floorless trains would save it. The only way Apocalypse would be good IMO, is if it had lap bars.

Not even sit down or floorless trains would save it. The only way Apocalypse would be good IMO, is if it had lap bars.

I strongly disagree. A sit down train like Kumba's would provide an awesome experience and would probably require literally nothing besides the purchase of trains and maybe rebranding for the park.

^^-- I'm of mixed feelings on that one, it might be possible to deal with roughness but would it have any thrill at all? No air, surely. It does have a lots of curves. Kind of like Dominator if it only had 2 second halves and no final high-G turn.

"I hope Minderaser does get new trains/restraints. It has a prettt decent layout and I always preferred it over apocalypse."

LOL!

New restraints might seem extravagant for the old clone, but it would not be excessive for a program of short-term oriented investment.

I strongly disagree. A sit down train like Kumba's would provide an awesome experience and would probably require literally nothing besides the purchase of trains and maybe rebranding for the park.

I totally get what you're saying in theory, but I actually just saw some discussion about this here, and it sounds like that wouldn't work in reality:

It's the same reason why Rougarou and Patriot sit slightly higher than most B&M floorless coasters - they match the old stand-up center line. If they would have been replaced with, say, normal sit-down trains, some of the forces would have been awkward / uncomfortable.

How about a stand-up floorless with lap-bars??

I feel like people are really overestimating this park's ability to give a sh*t.

So true. But sometimes it's fun to talk about things that could happen, as in it's physically possible, and there's precedent for it, even though we know it'll never happen.

Yeah at this point with SFA I take every new addition SIX puts in with open arms. I mean we did get a Star Flyer and a Larson Super Loop at least. The one thing I would really like to see go in is an S&S Free Spin but of course I know it's probably more likely SFGAdv will add a 2nd S&S Free Spin before that /sarcasm.

Yeah at this point with SFA I take every new addition SIX puts in with open arms. I mean we did get a Star Flyer and a Larson Super Loop at least. The one thing I would really like to see go in is an S&S Free Spin but of course I know it's probably more likely SFGAdv will add a 2nd S&S Free Spin before that /sarcasm.

I think that its a park that's moved backwards over the years. Its removed a lot of great attractions, and the additions haven't been that great.

Some of the rides they've removed:

Two Face: the Flip Side -- I find Invertigos to be far better than standard boomerangs and even Super Invertigos. Much smoother than SLC's, and you get up to 5 g's on them. The idea of being able to see other people was cool too. And you basically have twice as many unobstructed views and first row experiences.

Iron Eagle -- A great flat ride, and a rare one too. It was basically an earlier generation model of a Huss Top Spin. Except much taller and more intense.

Typhoon Sea Coaster -- Yes, yes... NOT A ROLLER COASTER. But the only log flume at the park, and really the only dark ride as well. It was unreliable and required a huge staff, but it was great.

Kypton's Comet -- Not a huge fan of flat rides, but this one was pretty decent.

Ocotpus -- I think I heard this one was removed as well. Not a huge fan of rides, but this was at least better than a standard scrambler.

The Enterprise (forgot the name) -- Again not a huge fan of flat rides, but why did they get rid of it?

From what I've seen, they've received some lame Wild Mouse and Iron Wolf. Why?? Stop getting hand me downs. The park probably peaked out in 2001.