TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Idk if I’m getting older and becoming immune to scares

No. Six Flags just does horrendous haunt mazes.

What made it even worst is that every coaster was either stuck on the lift or temporarily down except minderaser and surprisingly Batwing.

What made it even worst is that every coaster was either stuck on the lift or temporarily down except minderaser and surprisingly Batwing.

Really . . . what day(s) did you see that?

Really . . . what day(s) did you see that?

Sunday October 1st. One good thing I can say is that they did good with grouping in the mazes. They wanted to split up my group of 8 into 4 to get the “full experience”.

Really? I know Superman and Wild One were running continuously. Apocalypse too. I saw Roar down, but that's it.

Really? I know Superman and Wild One were running continuously. Apocalypse too. I saw Roar down, but that's it.

Yeah I saw superman, apocalypse, roar, and wild one on the lift, but for no more than 10 mins.

Idk if I’m getting older and becoming immune to scares or the mazes were weaker this year. And the haunted house pass went up $5, not worth it tbh.

Their haunts are terribly ran. They have great sets and props but they simply send too many people through at once and the haunts just get in your face - that is not scary. They do not try to pop out, at least they have never have when I went through. They just got in my face and shook their home made looking rattle. Same goes for Six Flags Great Adventure.

Idk if I’m getting older and becoming immune to scares or the mazes were weaker this year. And the haunted house pass went up $5, not worth it tbh.

Their haunts are terribly ran. They have great sets and props but they simply send too many people through at once and the haunts just get in your face - that is not scary. They do not try to pop out, at least they have never have when I went through. They just got in my face and shook their home made looking rattle. Same goes for Six Flags Great Adventure.

I like when they get so far in your face (and they weren't even in position) so after they go BOO you don't know if the door is the door or where they were supposed to pop out from is the door. Then I have to ask if I should go left or right and stand there until they break character.

I like when they get so far in your face (and they weren't even in position) so after they go BOO you don't know if the door is the door or where they were supposed to pop out from is the door. Then I have to ask if I should go left or right and stand there until they break character.

When a haunt walks up to me I just keep going. They yell in my face and try to say things. This is not scary to me. Getting in my face and screaming is annoying not scary. How would you not know a door is a door? Confused by that statement.

How would you not know a door is a door? Confused by that statement.

door

dôr

noun

- a hinged, sliding, or revolving barrier at the entrance to a building, room, or vehicle, or in the framework of a cupboard.

The opening I am supposed to move through to continue the attraction: door.

vs.

The opening that the haunt is supposed to pop out of: a hinged, sliding, or revolving barrier at the entrance to a building, room, or vehicle, or in the framework of a cupboard.

Can't believe no new houses or scarezones! They've had same for past 2 years. Really need to update.

Also, did they change the Hall Manor trail? Entrance on Map is over by PBR not Gotham Arena...

Yes, the Hall Manor trail is right by PBR/Oak Grove Pavilion path.

And yeah, new houses/scarezones would be nice . . . .

Overall (and maybe I'm preaching to the choir here, but whatever) . . . ops overall could be better. Maybe sending more than 7 people through at once in the mazes, maybe having food ops better (I don't like standing in line nearly 10 minutes JUST to refill my water bottles. And I didn't see the unlimited hot chocolate cups like they had last year).

Can't believe no new houses or scarezones! They've had same for past 2 years. Really need to update.

Also, did they change the Hall Manor trail? Entrance on Map is over by PBR not Gotham Arena...

Overall (and maybe I'm preaching to the choir here, but whatever) . . . ops overall could be better. Maybe sending more than 7 people through at once in the mazes, maybe having food ops better (I don't like standing in line nearly 10 minutes JUST to refill my water bottles. And I didn't see the unlimited hot chocolate cups like they had last year).

A lot of people actually have/had problems with them sending too many. Can't win I guess. The only way to fix the Hall Manor line is to make the trail way longer.

A lot of people actually have/had problems with them sending too many. Can't win I guess. The only way to fix the Hall Manor line is to make the trail way longer.

If making the Hall Manor trail longer is feasible . . . . have the entrance be next to PBR then wrap around and exit on the right side of Gotham Arena (where the HM trail was last year). I actually like the route of HM this year . . . . man that house looks creepy and so do the woods surrounding it.

20171007_193034.thumb.jpg.b1362b475377c2b5130c515656cece8e.jpg

A shot of WW:LOT at night (please pardon that it's not a perfect shot)

20171007_150603.thumb.jpg.8197a2218579f8bfcb2627a9f929f36c.jpg

3:00 stunt show . . . me front row as usual (how do you not find this an adorable picture?)

• 2 weeks later...

Although there are no new houses, Terror Toy Shop and Voodoo Curse seem better than ever before!

The new layout for Hall Manor is really lacking. It's essentially just the reverse of what the original trail was, but it just seems really weak. There's no dramatic buildup and storytelling like in the original direction. This maze used to be my top favorite, no it's actually DEAD LAST (yes, behind the weak Aftermath!)

SFA management, if you're reading this, restore The Haunting of Hall Manor to it's original glory!

The Cursed! After Dark show is SPECTACULAR and so were night rides on Roar.

The Awakening being moved to Gotham Arena does WONDERS for capacity, but the show intensity is very diminished since it is on a far away stage, and not all up in your grill.

Overall, Fright Fest is great this year! No special FF Food options like last year, but the shows rock and there seem to be more scareactors roaming around.

PLEASE ADD A NEW MAZE NEXT YEAR SFA!

Edited by CaptainCrush

Although there are no new houses, Terror Toy Shop and Voodoo Curse seem better than ever before!

The new layout for Hall Manor is really lacking. It's essentially just the reverse of what the original trail was, but it just seems really week. There's no dramatic buildup and storytelling like in the original direction. This maze used to be my top favorite, no it's actually DEAD LAST (yes, behind the weak Aftermath!)

SFA management, if you're reading this, restore The Haunting of Hall Manor to it's original glory!

The Cursed! After Dark show is SPECTACULAR and so were night rides on Roar.

The Awakening being moved to Gotham Arena does WONDERS for capacity, but the show intensity is very diminished since it is on a far away stage, and not all up in your grill.

Overall, Fright Fest is great this year! No special FF Food options like last year, but the shows rock and there seem to be more scareactors roaming around.

PLEASE ADD A NEW MAZE NEXT YEAR SFA!

Even though the Hall Manor Trail isn't as great as it was last year, I still like the fact that you can sort of see the ruins of the house (I know the legend is the Hall family had their estate on the grounds of SFA and Eleanor died on her birthday . . . and she haunts the park. Yet, I've seen few pictures of the Hall manor ruins).

FWIW, my favorite maze was Terror Toy shop . . . .

And I'll admit . . . . management done right by putting the Awakening in the Arena this year (hopefully that bodes well for more shows in the arena next season). I like how Eleanor rises from her casket to begin the show.

And I'll admit . . . . I thought CURSED! After Dark was funny . . . . never thought I'd see a theme park stage show with schlitz and fork bombs dropped!

As for the food . . . . yeah, I missed the special food options from last year as well as the hot chocolate mugs

I had this crazy thought the other day and its silly but I wanted to share it anyway...

So the park was releasing all of these grim reaper videos about what is leaving the park then 'stun' us all and release they are updating the lazy river.

What if they are secretly making another change in the park and using the lazy river to throw us all off?

I know this sounds completely bonkers but we can all dream right?! lol

Even though the Hall Manor Trail isn't as great as it was last year, I still like the fact that you can sort of see the ruins of the house (I know the legend is the Hall family had their estate on the grounds of SFA and Eleanor died on her birthday . . . and she haunts the park. Yet, I've seen few pictures of the Hall manor ruins).

Here's an image of the actual headstone as well as a few images of the house before it was in total disrepair. According to the text on the headstone, she died when she was 5 yrs, 9 months (not on her birthday)...

12376683_10153954044404854_2708048773429053546_n.png.cb7c01fdc94c9a9cecf1ceb104619460.png

12419207_10153954044424854_5387477278045957399_o.thumb.png.aafbeaa09a8feb3889d64ea186e734d2.png

12513944_10153954044419854_9159877828719111796_o.thumb.png.26416fa1f1f7ff00766766aff50c00bc.png

12525301_10153954044479854_4930866054651850621_o.thumb.png.c429870c277d222cdfd23cd8c6089c5b.png

I had this crazy thought the other day and its silly but I wanted to share it anyway...

So the park was releasing all of these grim reaper videos about what is leaving the park then 'stun' us all and release they are updating the lazy river.

What if they are secretly making another change in the park and using the lazy river to throw us all off?

I know this sounds completely bonkers but we can all dream right?! lol

Bonkers. But, that is what dreams are for. New trains for ME will appease the dry park people. I think the reaction here to the Lazy River update of disappointment followed by quick admittance that it probably makes sense is good sign. If they continue to make sound logical choices it will be hard to complain.

Thanks Coasterlover. The info on and pictures of the old land is rather rare.

If they really wanted to charge for a FF VIP thing it would be midnight flashlight tour around the old house followed by a spin on WO, ya know, to tempt the spirits. Could you imagine doing a lap around the house and then getting stuck on the ride?