TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

and the park hasn't had a new coaster since 2001.

In the eyes of local non-enthusiasts that frequent the park, they got new coasters in 2012 and 2014. You can certainly argue that these people might agree with us that those additions are not good (Apocalypse and Rajin Cajun are two of my least favorite coasters), but the majority of those people have absolutely no clue that they were relocated. Only enthusiasts care about this.

Nowhere behind closed doors is park management saying "well, enthusiasts know we relocated the last two coasters, so its time we give them a brand new one".

I'm pretty sure I overheard "they still have the same coasters as before they were Six Flags" after the 2 used coasters were added. The problem with people not knowing that they were relocated is they also aren't significant enough for them to even notice they are there!

I also overheard someone saying that SFA is a lot better than KD, and the group generally agreed, however that was actually at SFA. I don't think the other comment was in a park at all.

Larson Loops are only credits if they have VR. They are in the same category as the super long DC metro tunnels.

Since there are videos out there of King Chaos getting stuck, yes, it would fit nicely by JJ. I would rather add KC than add to the water park.

Since king chaos is getting removed from sfgam, it could possibly come to SFA

I could kind of see them replacing Zydeco Zinger with King Chaos. Although I'd hate if they did that because I love Chance Falling Stars. But I could also see them adding it into the Gotham City section and giving it the name of the Zamperla Windshear that was at Six Flags New Orleans: Lex Luthor's Inveratron.

Larson Loops are only credits if they have VR. They are in the same category as the super long DC metro tunnels.

Since there are videos out there of King Chaos getting stuck, yes, it would fit nicely by JJ. I would rather add KC than add to the water park.

You know . . . a VR ride in the DC Metro system would be cool

But yeah . . . . King Chaos looks sweet

Why remove ZZ? It's a fun ride: sliding back and forth and squishing your under 48" kid. It's my 4th favorite coaster in Mardi Gras.

I'm thinking next time I go to DC I will bring my VR googles and watch a POV video from a Larson Loop.

Any new addition to the dry park has to be added to Gotham. There's just so much empty space. Maybe THAT'S why the don't plant trees.

After riding Wicked Twister this weekend, I began to realize that we truly would have been in for a treat. Is it supposed to be the number one coaster at the park? No, But in a park like SFA it would be a great supporting coaster to Superman. I'm really hoping SFGam makes an announcement about its removal in the coming weeks.

Why remove ZZ? It's a fun ride: sliding back and forth and squishing your under 48" kid. It's my 4th favorite coaster in Mardi Gras.

I'm thinking next time I go to DC I will bring my VR googles and watch a POV video from a Larson Loop.

Any new addition to the dry park has to be added to Gotham. There's just so much empty space. Maybe THAT'S why the don't plant trees.

It just seems like a lot of parks have been removing their Falling Stars lately. Didn't know if maybe they are fairly unreliable and it is hard to find parts or replicate parts that need to be replaced. I love them. Adventureland in Iowa has one and it is one of my favorite rides in that park! I love sliding back and forth and I love feeling weightless going over the top. But you're probably right about the tree thing in Gotham. I think it would be cool if they took out that Batman logo in the middle of the entrance plaza along with those surrounding game stalls. Then they could have a nice landscaped area with several trees and maybe a fountain and have a little path through it. They could have a sign saying "Gotham City Park." And also if by Penguin's Blizzard River if they had a building going over the path for shade and every now in then it could blast some mist. They could have a sign on it saying "Penguin's Deep Freeze" or something like that. They could have it look like a little warehouse, have some icicles in there.

After riding Wicked Twister this weekend, I began to realize that we truly would have been in for a treat. Is it supposed to be the number one coaster at the park? No, But in a park like SFA it would be a great supporting coaster to Superman. I'm really hoping SFGam makes an announcement about its removal in the coming weeks.

If they were removing V2 they would have announced it a long time ago like how Six Flags Over Georgia announced the closure of the Cyclone a month before it closed. V2 is staying at Six Flags Great America for at least another year.

That looks like the ground in the Chesapeake area so we could definitely see RMC Roar, Removal of Shoot the Chutes, or Removal of Pirate Ship.

Which of those do you think is most likely?

I'd say RMC Roar . . . if it does happen, maybe rename it . . . Goatman's Revenge (after the mythical Goatman of Prince George's County)

Shoot the Chutes does get good ridership on hot days

That is Chesapeake's ground. Maybe the rocking boat will be removed. Shipwreck Falls is very popular. I'd be surprised, though, I saw a survey stake with MC on it. Only used when a body of water is involved.

Roar was just retracked in area's last week.

The grim reaper guy looks funny. Trying to make out that shape.

Something tells me the word 'air' means something. Am I making too much out of this? Of course, but it is fun to me.

That is Chesapeake's ground. Maybe the rocking boat will be removed. Shipwreck Falls is very popular. I'd be surprised, though, I saw a survey stake with MC on it. Only used when a body of water is involved.

Roar was just retracked in area's last week.

The grim reaper guy looks funny. Trying to make out that shape.

Something tells me the word 'air' means something. Am I making too much out of this? Of course, but it is fun to me.