TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I mean Six Flags puts a lot more money into SFA than CF does Dorney these days. We've received over the last 5 years: 3 flats, a coaster, and 2 water park additions.

Edited by CoasterAuditor

Bet you that there are a lot of butt hurt people that frequent Dorney.

I wouldn't bet on it. People don't go to Dorney for the dry park, so why add anything substantial? The water park does just fine on its own so adding an eatery there makes perfect sense. Locals generally do not look to Dorney as a place to ride state-of-the-art thrill rides. They have some good coasters and what they have is just fine for the guests they get.

Well . . . I wonder what (if anything) SFA will announce for 2018.

I'm sticking with S&S 4D. Whatever it is should be a sizable addition compared to previous years.

Now if that does come to pass . . . . well, here's three possible locations for it:

1. Between Superman: Ride of Steel and Batwing

2. It replaces Penguin's Blizzard River

3. It replaces the Gotham City Arena

Option 1 is the most logical . . . at least in my opinion.

And of course the naming . . . . I'd say Harley Quinn's Crazy Spin (of course in her colors of red/black)

Bet you that there are a lot of butt hurt people that frequent Dorney.

I wouldn't bet on it. People don't go to Dorney for the dry park, so why add anything substantial? The water park does just fine on its own so adding an eatery there makes perfect sense. Locals generally do not look to Dorney as a place to ride state-of-the-art thrill rides. They have some good coasters and what they have is just fine for the guests they get.

Makes sense.

Well . . . I wonder what (if anything) SFA will announce for 2018.

I'm sticking with S&S 4D. Whatever it is should be a sizable addition compared to previous years.

Now if that does come to pass . . . . well, here's three possible locations for it:

1. Between Superman: Ride of Steel and Batwing

2. It replaces Penguin's Blizzard River

3. It replaces the Gotham City Arena

Option 1 is the most logical . . . at least in my opinion.

And of course the naming . . . . I'd say Harley Quinn's Crazy Spin (of course in her colors of red/black)

1 is probably the least likely because of the fact there is a transformer in the middle of that plot of land. They would have to put the ride far into the land that could easily be used better. The most likely spot IMO is where PBR is. While I would be sad to see it go, it seems very likely that's where it would go. In regards to the name, It would probably be called some thing they've already used like Harley Quin Spinsanity.

I mean Six Flags puts a lot more money into SFA than CF does Dorney these days. We've received over the last 5 years: 3 flats, a coaster, and 2 water park additions.

Quantity is not always better than quality.

I feel Dorney is a better park in regards to operations and they have a much much much better water park. Probably the second best water park within an amusement park behind Holiday World.

Both parks opened nothing special that makes them stand out ride wise. We received two used coasters that definitely are not stand outs. Even though Wonder Woman is a fun ride, its nothing new. There are plenty of Sky Screamer's in the world. The water park additions within Six Flags America are nothing new, again cookie cutter slides. Dorney received custom slides or what appears to be a custom slide tower. Both parks received generic carnival style flat rides.

On the flip side Dorney started making changes to their park on the operational stand point where Six Flags lacks. Dorney started the Fast Pay wrist band which in my opinion is awesome so I do not have to carry my credit/bank card or cash with me. Dorney is now going to give children under 5 a season pass. This will help so many families. I never understood why parks make you pay for a child that young when they can not participate in 90% of what the park has to offer. Let's not forget Cedar Fair's line skipper in the best in the business. No need to go about your day darting from ride to ride depending on a certain time to ride. At Cedar Fair you can simply go from ride to ride and have one less worry.

Quantity is not always better than quality.

I feel Dorney is a better park in regards to operations and they have a much much much better water park. Probably the second best water park within an amusement park behind Holiday World.

Both parks opened nothing special that makes them stand out ride wise. We received two used coasters that definitely are not stand outs. Even though Wonder Woman is a fun ride, its nothing new. There are plenty of Sky Screamer's in the world. The water park additions within Six Flags America are nothing new, again cookie cutter slides. Dorney received custom slides or what appears to be a custom slide tower. Both parks received generic carnival style flat rides.

On the flip side Dorney started making changes to their park on the operational stand point where Six Flags lacks. Dorney started the Fast Pay wrist band which in my opinion is awesome so I do not have to carry my credit/bank card or cash with me. Dorney is now going to give children under 5 a season pass. This will help so many families. I never understood why parks make you pay for a child that young when they can not participate in 90% of what the park has to offer. Let's not forget Cedar Fair's line skipper in the best in the business. No need to go about your day darting from ride to ride depending on a certain time to ride. At Cedar Fair you can simply go from ride to ride and have one less worry.

I don't disagree with anything you've said regarding the comparisons of Dorney to SFA. I like both parks but they are lower tier in my personal park rankings. I was just pointing out Six Flags is at least making investments into SFA with yearly additions while CF seems to invest very little into their smaller low-volume parks in terms of attractions by comparison which is fine, perhaps Cedar Fair does not consider even a minor ROI to be worth putting in a ride (and that's part of the reason FUN is in better shape financially than SIX).

I'm thinking PBR doesn't get removed. There are not a lot of those White Water spinning rapid rides, when it was built it was the tallest of its kind, water ride where you don't get soaked fills a niche. More importantly we want to add to the back of the park, not take away. Better clue, they replaced wood work this year. Why address that level of upkeep if removal was in the plans?

With Twisted Timbers opening the RMC Roar would seem a good response, but they just did some retracking last year and why do that if it was a possibility.

A 4D would make sense. It is a safe choice and the park hasn't had a new coaster since 2001. The park only has clones or relocations. I am in agreement with the red and black Harley Quinn theme.

Between BW and SM would be tight, that's where they where they unpacked WWloT and so an access point, I think that is also the emergency access for when JJ gets stuck (and the route they would use to remove JJ ), and the transformer. A bathroom there? I would assume there are other utilities.

Along the path??? Too much sense.

Behind WWlot, along PBR, and in front of the picnic pavilion. It would be easy then to connect the picnic area at that point making a circuit, make the picnic area more entertaining at the foot of the coaster, access to another bathroom, make people say, "Hey, there is a picnic area back here I can book for my group", extends and fills in Gotham. While only DC animated universe: Cloyster Woods as the new name for Oak Grove Picnic Pavillion.

and the park hasn't had a new coaster since 2001.

In the eyes of local non-enthusiasts that frequent the park, they got new coasters in 2012 and 2014. You can certainly argue that these people might agree with us that those additions are not good (Apocalypse and Rajin Cajun are two of my least favorite coasters), but the majority of those people have absolutely no clue that they were relocated. Only enthusiasts care about this.

Nowhere behind closed doors is park management saying "well, enthusiasts know we relocated the last two coasters, so its time we give them a brand new one".

and the park hasn't had a new coaster since 2001.

In the eyes of local non-enthusiasts that frequent the park, they got new coasters in 2012 and 2014. You can certainly argue that these people might agree with us that those additions are not good (Apocalypse and Rajin Cajun are two of my least favorite coasters), but the majority of those people have absolutely no clue that they were relocated. Only enthusiasts care about this.

Nowhere behind closed doors is park management saying "well, enthusiasts know we relocated the last two coasters, so its time we give them a brand new one".

I agree, but trying to be hopeful. I was thinking more along the lines of budgeting and planning. I would hope a new coaster would be in their ten year plan. A new coaster should be easier to maintain too. And the maintenance workers say...

How about this question: Would catering more to the enthusiasts help to reverse the park's hard to shake reputation?

There were not a lot of parks in the five favorite / five bucket list parks thread that the GP don't love. I assume they talk about the park's rep, especially as the SFA executives try to move up the park up the hierarchy within the company.

I like the idea of a Harley Quinn themed free spin. It could be called Harley Quinn's Flying Trapeze or something like that. But I'd also love to see a Two Face themed one and use the old Two Face: The Flip Side theme. On one said, the track could be white and the supports black, then on the other it could have purple track and black supports. Or a variation of that. I'd also love to see a giant discovery. I'd love to see a flat ride package at Six Flags America before a new coaster to be honest. I'd love a giant discovery to go in between the station of Superman and Batwing. That one could be called Catwoman's Whip and maybe while they are at it they could add a bathroom down there. Then they could put in a Zamperla disco where that basketball game is in the entrance of Gotham. Since that one is by Joker's Jinx they could call it Harley Quinn's Spinsanity.

My 3 predictions:

1. Although it has pretty good ridership, PBR removed for 4d free fly or water coaster

2. A flat ride replaced for another

3. New water park addition/slide

A water coaster will only go in the water park.PBR is on the dry side.