TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

As much as large groups in a haunt does put a bit of a damper on the fun, the waits would be even more brutal otherwise. FF just seems to be so packed at all of the parks in the chain.

It's very possible to hit the haunts when the parks aren't that crowded. There was one I almost gave up them getting enough people to send people through (at KD they would have just sent me through by myself). Eleanor is very popular though. When them park haunts get too crowded, they end up in a situation where it's impossible for the attraction to be great enough to justify the wait if they do it properly. It's annoying when they send the groups through not all bunched up, but it happens by the end anyway.

I went to one local attraction where they kept the groups small, but I got paired with others including a smartass kid who reduced the effect 50% just by himself. The worst part is I used to be a smartass kid too. This was the only one of 4 of these things I tried that was actually better done than theme park haunts.

I am glad others agree with me about them sending to many people through.

I understand the park gets crowded during FF. However, when you go the park you are not guaranteed to go through every attraction on a single night. I have been to a few haunted attractions in the area that close at a specific time - if you miss a attraction there that is on you. For example I LOVE Fright Land in Delaware. They have something like 3 haunted houses, a hay ride, haunted woods, a hypnosis show and carnival rides. They have a ticket that includes all of it. One time I spent too much time on the carnival rides and went to the ride the hayride. It was closed for the night and I had missed out.

Anyway... I feel like we are beating a dead horse now...

I am looking forward to FF so I can get some night rides on Superman and Roar.

On another note I recently went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and road their new water coaster... I think one of them would be perfect for this park since the draw in the summer is the water park.

I am glad others agree with me about them sending to many people through.

I understand the park gets crowded during FF. However, when you go the park you are not guaranteed to go through every attraction on a single night. I have been to a few haunted attractions in the area that close at a specific time - if you miss a attraction there that is on you. For example I LOVE Fright Land in Delaware. They have something like 3 haunted houses, a hay ride, haunted woods, a hypnosis show and carnival rides. They have a ticket that includes all of it. One time I spent too much time on the carnival rides and went to the ride the hayride. It was closed for the night and I had missed out.

Anyway... I feel like we are beating a dead horse now...

I am looking forward to FF so I can get some night rides on Superman and Roar.

On another note I recently went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and road their new water coaster... I think one of them would be perfect for this park since the draw in the summer is the water park.

This is true. That's why I get the scare pass.

The GP around this park is still concerned more with teens fighting than coasters getting stuck. I really doubt that even 5% would be able to identify which coaster got stuck.

The GP around this park is still concerned more with teens fighting than coasters getting stuck. I really doubt that even 5% would be able to identify which coaster got stuck.

Truth.

I have never heard anyone complain about teenager fighting in the park. I've never even seen teenagers fight in this park at all, and I've been going to it frequently since 2006 (though, I did stop visiting from 2014 - just recently).

When jokers jinx got stuck this season, 15 of my Facebook friends shared something about it, some of them even saying things like "wow, I'm never riding that again." Everyone knew exactly what it was, and all the major local news stations wrote multiple articles about the accident, so I would be surprised if anyone who knows of sfa is unaware of what happened. It was also closed for a few weeks, probably leaving guests questioning why and then finding out. I have seen bad reputation and over exaggeration of media kill a roller coaster at this park before, and at other parks. I would not be surprised if it happens here again.

So last Sunday the 16th was National Funnel Cake day and SFA had a funnel cake eating contest. I decided to record it on video (it's not pro quality . . . but who cares,

I was having fun watching it; and please excuse the part where I clear my throat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzwjjwVJt8M

I wish if I competed in that, I would have beat all of them

But I also find it unhealthy at the same time.

So last Sunday the 16th was National Funnel Cake day and SFA had a funnel cake eating contest. I decided to record it on video (it's not pro quality . . . but who cares,

I was having fun watching it; and please excuse the part where I clear my throat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzwjjwVJt8M

I wish if I competed in that, I would have beat all of them

But I also find it unhealthy at the same time.

I don't think my esophagus could handle all that funnel cake . . . .

My 12 year-old was at the water park with friends and was given the directive to run back to snap some pictures of the shade structures at the Fireball entrance and exit. She did admit to riding MindEraser... but only because they ate at Crazy Horse. So, I guess it evens out.

*One portrait and one landscape.

20170721_205322.thumb.jpg.5976cc2d98ce26385ebe54471dc24b99.jpg

20170721_205400.jpg.2d8a1d61844c8e057dfb641c0994fc69.jpg

My 12 year-old was at the water park with friends and was given the directive to run back to snap some pictures of the shade structures at the Fireball entrance and exit. She did admit to riding MindEraser... but only because they ate at Crazy Horse. So, I guess it evens out.

*One portrait and one landscape.

I'm not familiar with SFA, is open queues common here or was it just on Fireball?

I think the reason they don't open Bat Wing at rope drop is because half the people burst into flames walking to the rear of the park.

Seriously, Google Map the park. There is little shade. Crazy Horse has the same booth food but at least it is inside and since ME is the only coaster over there usually not packed and you get a show.

Yeah, there is a ridiculous lack of shade at this park, especially considering how hot it is. I've got risk for skin cancer too, so I have to be careful when I'm out in the sun for long periods of time. Most of the roller coasters have shaded stations with ceiling fans, but others suck. Ragin Cajun has a terrible excuse for a station, and there is absolutely no shade. I remember when Two-Face used to occupy that spot, there were large umbrellas all over the queue. They could have reused those.

I also think that they placed ragin cajun in a terrible area. I honestly wish if V2 from SFGAm would have gone where ragin cajun stands now (if it is coming to sfa), and Ragin cajun go where the rock climbing wall is. Ragin Cajun is an easily moveable/portable coaster as well, especially with the very non complex "station" it has.

:lmao: Yeah, there is a ridiculous lack of shade at this park, especially considering how hot it is. I've got risk for skin cancer too, so I have to be careful when I'm out in the sun for long periods of time. Most of the roller coasters have shaded stations with ceiling fans, but others suck. Ragin Cajun has a terrible excuse for a station, and there is absolutely no shade. I remember when Two-Face used to occupy that spot, there were large umbrellas all over the queue. They could have reused those.

I also think that they placed ragin cajun in a terrible area. I honestly wish if V2 from SFGAm would have gone where ragin cajun stands now (if it is coming to sfa), and Ragin cajun go where the rock climbing wall is. Ragin Cajun is an easily moveable/portable coaster as well, especially with the very non complex "station" it has.

Even better. Move the huge umbrellas from The Penguins queue. That line never makes it that far. They would have to change the color though.

The flyers occupy the spot where the climbing wall was. You can guarantee that nothing will be moved.

^^ Highridin, What the holy heck is that? And, what is that thing there next to it?

I took my kids to a place called LOL Stations. It's like an indoor carnival. Those are inflatables. Moon bounce type stuff with huge slides and obstacles.

I think the reason they don't open Bat Wing at rope drop is because half the people burst into flames walking to the rear of the park.

Seriously, Google Map the park. There is little shade. Crazy Horse has the same booth food but at least it is inside and since ME is the only coaster over there usually not packed and you get a show.

And Blizzard River usually doesn't open until 11:30 . . . . . (I actually have ridden it a couple times this season, of course with my water shoes on, as I don't want to walk around with soggy shoes/socks).

But yeah, more shade would be nice. Summers in Maryland can get hot at times (but rarely into triple digits)

And Blizzard River usually doesn't open until 11:30 . . . . . (I actually have ridden it a couple times this season, of course with my water shoes on, as I don't want to walk around with soggy shoes/socks).

But yeah, more shade would be nice. Summers in Maryland can get hot at times (but rarely into triple digits)

As someone from the south that's use to heat, I was shocked when I visited D.C last summer with the humidity, I always thought the further north you went, the less humid it got, especially in the summer.