TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

to people who have been on rides like WWLoT, how accommodating are the seats for larger guests?

Not very. The seats are actually quite small. I've seen many larger guests try to squeeze themselves into the seats on Texas Skyscreamer to no avail.

So, has anybody managed to get on the VR Mind Eraser?

I did it once on opening day.

I thought it was good . . . nothing I'd do again (the VR aspect).

I will say that unlike last year (when Superman: RoS had VR), it really wasn't too long a wait for the VR headsets to get calibrated, etc.

to people who have been on rides like WWLoT, how accommodating are the seats for larger guests?

Not very. The seats are actually quite small. I've seen many larger guests try to squeeze themselves into the seats on Texas Skyscreamer to no avail.

how are they compared to say, the flying carousel?

Flying carousel?

Flying carousel?

maxresdefault.jpg

So, has anybody managed to get on the VR Mind Eraser?

When I rode Mind Eraser, I passed on the VR, partially because I'd never been on the ride and I assumed it would be rough (it was), but also because the regular line had no wait. I think I ended up waiting 20-30 minutes for two trains to be sent. That was very early in the season, but last week it didn't look much better and I got as far away from Mind Eraser as I could.

That being said, the place has been relatively dead each time I've visited and I've gotten to ride the other coasters plenty of times. Most of the guests visiting were families with small children, so you could get re-rides on most of the thrill rides throughout the day. Out of the three times I've visited the park, I don't think I stayed more than four hours.

-Superman is my favorite ride in the park, due to a great drop, the second (ejector) airtime hill, and the third (twisting + ejector) airtime hill. The first hill didn't give much airtime, but it was still thrilling, and the last two hills into the breaks had good airtime. I understand why the two large helices exist, yet at the same time I don't... 9/10

-Batwing is incredibly disorienting, easily my second favorite ride in the park, and way better than the B&M Superman clones. 8/10

-Jokers Jinx is an awesome ride, and while the launch doesn't do much for me, the ending packs a punch. 7/10

-Roar was a bit of a surprise for me. The ride felt fast and out of control at some parts, which I did not expect. While the ride was pretty bumpy, it didn't seem all that rough. 7/10

-Mind Eraser was fun, but pretty rough. I can't imagine riding with VR and not being able to brace for some of those transitions. I skipped a front row ride and rode in the second row to avoid waiting another 15 minutes waiting for the train to dispatch. Mind Eraser was my first SLC, and I guess I can appreciate the different experience it offers compared to a B&M invert. 6/10

-Apocalypse was okay in the front row. Any other row I've ridden was awfully rough, causing the need to stick my head forward to avoid some nasty headbanging. 5/10

-Wild One was trash. It was rough with no airtime and little thrill factor. I think I'd rather wait in line for Rajin Cajun. 4/10

Voodoo Drop is a great flat and proves that size doesn't matter, if you're an Intamin Drop tower. The Stupid Name Fireball was also fun, but I couldn't see myself standing in line for it or riding more than once per visit, if at all.

I'll get back to the park soon enough and give some of the water rides and the water park a try, but it will be tough to beat these early season days with no crowds. Overall the park was good, but again, I barely waited in any lines. I think a couple good flats and a new coaster would be great for the park, but hey, I would say that about every park.

^ Was the VR appearing to work well for everyone else? SFNE's had some trouble on their Mind Eraser's VR but it seems to have gotten sorted out.

I'm stunned by your review of Wild One. That ride was really smooth and had plenty of airtime in my visit a few years back. It was the best ride in the park for me (Superman was down that day).

Honestly, Wild One didn't do much for me either. It was by no means a bad ride (and it was not rough at all), but it just felt very average and not much different than other classic woodies I've ridden. I thought Superman, Joker's Jinx, and Batwing were all better. To each his own, I guess.

-Wild One was trash.

948857352_kimruoncrack.gif.781c13ca880af8f8f865a60230f18833.gif

I love when I get the opportunity to use this awesome gif. This is definitely one of those times. You really have to sit in the back of Wild One for any kind of airtime. Second to last row is ideal. Nice yank over the hills. Also I don't know what kind of thrills get you going but that unbanked helix in the back of the train is way up there for me. Such a classic example of an out-and-back woody. Its not the smoothest but the park takes great care of it considering its age.

I remember the air on Wild One being better in the front than the back. Both seats had a 6-7 hills of really good air.

Man I wish that coaster were still here in Massachusetts. I would be riding it all the time.

Second to last row is ideal. Nice yank over the hills. Also I don't know what kind of thrills get you going but that unbanked helix in the back of the train is way up there for me.

There was some yanking, but I think I did sit in the second to last row and didn't get much air. I would prefer Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion to Wild One. Going into that helix is always a bit of an "oh shit" moment, but I prefer the intensity of Roar.

Wild One may be a little overrated, although actually I'm surprised anyone here likes it. The way "out" is hands in the air without a care but that's a sure way to end up in pain on the way "back". It's a pleasingly strange and funky coaster. The out section of Rebel Yell is bigger and better (and sometimes races) but the "back" part doesn't do much more than get you back to the beginning,

Wild One may be a little overrated, although actually I'm surprised anyone here likes it. The way "out" is hands in the air without a care but that's a sure way to end up in pain on the way "back". It's a pleasingly strange and funky coaster. The out section of Rebel Yell is bigger and better (and sometimes races) but the "back" part doesn't do much more than get you back to the beginning,

With the original restored helix at the end I can only imagine what people 100 years thought. WO is a legit coaster today. I give in and brace my hands on the bar going into finale and brakes which adds a couple of rerides. WO gives a great counterbalance to Superman.

Email today:

"Season Pass Holder Celebration Day June 11

On June​ 11, we're inviting our Pass Holders to a special day at the park! Join us for Pass Holder Celebration Day, featuring exclusive offers for you AND a friend, including private ride time, free admission, a special all-you-can-eat picnic offer, and exclusive in-park discounts. For this unique event, arrive one hour before park opening to enjoy exclusive ride time on WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, SUPERMAN: Ride of Steel, and THE JOKER's Jinx. You'll also get to bring one friend to the park with you for free to share in the fun (if not already used May​ 30-June​ 10).

Plus, Season Dining Pass Holders can use your dining plan and enjoy a private all-you-can-eat buffet with the Looney Tunes characters in our picnic grove and dine with your friend for a discounted fee. Look for the Season Pass Celebration logo around the park to get the best discounts of the season in retail, games, and foods."

So assuring people that WWLoT in 2 1/2 weeks, early entry with Gotham open, and character lunch with free food. Disney food:better, Disney Characters:better, even with an upcharge: six flags win! When does that happen?

Best pitch I have heard since the BaySox offered me getting to take batting practice if I bought the minimum season ticket package.