TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thrill-Ville USA closes

I managed this small family owned park for 14 years, last year I resigned my post the the park and moved on the other things.

The owners have called it quits, now I knew this some time ago, but they made it known to the public today.

http://www.thirllvilleusa.homestead.com

Not sure what they are asking for the Jet Star, aka the Ripper, but I know it wont be much. I' love to see a small park pick this great old ride up, the owners of thrill-ville did a good job keeping it up.

Sorry if you never got to come by when I was there, I really loved my job, and the park, It was, for the most part, a real joy to be there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm not surprised, and in my opinion, no big loss. I've been wondering when it would finally kick the bucket. I liked the place as a kid/teen, but over the past few years, the placed looked more and more neglected. I sort of stopped going to Thrillville as that there never seemed to have anything new. The slide was a nice addition, but it came a little too late. Beside, Thrillville really didn't offer much in the way of thrilling rides.

Hmm, maybe Enchanted Forest next door might buy some of the rides.

Rats!

All the years I've passed by Thrill-Ville USA, driving down I-5 through Oregon.

Never got to it.

My loss. Sad to hear about it closing.

^ the rides are for sale, from what I have been told. Now if this means all the rides, I don't know, I have little contact with the park any more.

I have heard, the Ripper is for sale, the slide might go to a state fair somewhere (she's a beauty!), as for the rest:

Little ripper, tilt-a-whirl, rock-o-plane, sidewinder, paratrooper, bumper boats, go karts, Turbo force, skycoaster, train ride, bulgy the whale, kiddie cars, froghopper(gone), kiddie helicopters, carousel. I have no idea, many are old, many are rare, all need a good home. I'd like to see the train go to the Salem waterfront park. The bumper boats and go karts will more than likely get pick up by an FEC someplace.

I 'lived' here for 14 years of my life and to say I am sad is an understatement.

Sorry....

I just thought of this, but what's the fate of the water slides? They're not fancy, but besides Olinger Pool, they're one of the last water slides left in Salem. I remember the heyday when there was Hydrotube and Waterworks (neither of which lasted long).

Well I heard last night you can pick the Ripper up for around 45K! All the rides for around 275K!

RCDB has soe nice pictures -

http://www.rcdb.com/ig340.htm?picture=2

http://www.rcdb.com/ig340.htm?picture=4

I wonder if there are any random, obsessed ACErs out there who want to buy the thing. I mean, it's cheap enough.

I went to visit my uncle in Portland and we stopped at the Thrill-Ville USA two days ago and I talked to KOA RVing owner about the park is closed down but Why? The new insurance by OSHA very expensive cost and they can't afford it then close down and SBNO just like one at the J's Amusement Park in Guerneville the park is close down since 2004 but all rides are still there but Round Up is gone and Waterslide is gone.

Thrill-Ville USA all rides are still with include the frog hopper in storage.

He told me about the list rides are for sale.

Bulgy the Whale Eyerly $19,000.00

Carousel 1946 Ewarts $22,000.00

Ferris Wheel Eli Hy-5 Wheel $12,000.00

Frog Hopper S & S TM 2001 $48,000.00

Giant Slide $22,000.00

Go-Karts for all completes $22,000.00

Kiddie Helicopter Allan Herschell $12,500.00

Jet Star Schwarzkopf-Coaster $102,000.00

Kiddie Coaster Schiff $13,000.00

Miniature Kiddie Train & Track $45,000.00

Octopus Eyerly 8 fiberglass tubs $15,000.00

Paratrooper Hurbetz Park Model $12,000.00

Rock-O-Plane Eyerly GM 1949 $17,000.00

Sidewinder Eyerly TM $23,000.00

Tilt-A-Whirl Sellner Park Model $12,000.00

Turbo Force new in 2001 $159,000.00

Umbrella Combo Ride B & H $12,000.00

Scrambler, Round Up, Bumper Cars, and other children rides been sold in 2000 because they buy a Turbo Force and opened in 2001.

I forget how much for the waterslide? sorry..

I went to visit my uncle in Portland and we stopped at the Thrill-Ville USA two days ago and I talked to KOA RVing owner about the park is closed down but Why? The new insurance by OSHA very expensive cost and they can't afford it then close down and SBNO just like one at the J's Amusement Park in Guerneville the park is close down since 2004 but all rides are still there but Round Up is gone and Waterslide is gone.

Thrill-Ville USA all rides are still with include the frog hopper in storage.

He told me about the list rides are for sale.

Bulgy the Whale Eyerly $19,000.00

Carousel 1946 Ewarts $22,000.00

Ferris Wheel Eli Hy-5 Wheel $12,000.00

Frog Hopper S & S TM 2001 $48,000.00

Giant Slide $22,000.00

Go-Karts for all completes $22,000.00

Kiddie Helicopter Allan Herschell $12,500.00

Jet Star Schwarzkopf-Coaster $102,000.00

Kiddie Coaster Schiff $13,000.00

Miniature Kiddie Train & Track $45,000.00

Octopus Eyerly 8 fiberglass tubs $15,000.00

Paratrooper Hurbetz Park Model $12,000.00

Rock-O-Plane Eyerly GM 1949 $17,000.00

Sidewinder Eyerly TM $23,000.00

Tilt-A-Whirl Sellner Park Model $12,000.00

Turbo Force new in 2001 $159,000.00

Umbrella Combo Ride B & H $12,000.00

Scrambler, Round Up, Bumper Cars, and other children rides been sold in 2000 because they buy a Turbo Force and opened in 2001.

I forget how much for the waterslide? sorry..

These prices are more than likely on the money, I have not been in direct contact with the owners about the sale of these rides, I left the park two season ago. I got my info second hand. This closure came as a surprise to me, I was out at the park in late Feb. early March and everything seemed to be going along as normal.

I am a bit puzzled about the claim that they sold a Scrambler, Round Up, Bumper Cars, and other children rides, as far as I can recall, these rides were never on site, I can tell you they never ran them in the park. A small electric bumper car set ran for one season. FLy-O-Planes and tubs-o-Fun were sold to a traveling show.

Yeah, I wish to bought Scrambler at J's Amusement Park, Octopus and Roller Coaster at Thrill-Ville USA. Just for good at the 15 acres in McKinleyville, CA was close to the famous Totem Pole and shopping center. Only one we have the Allan Herschell Merry-Go-Round was operating at near Harper's Auto Center and now still opening. I live in McKinleyville house with two rides are in stored at the garage also I have Tilt-A-Whirl and Granny Bugs. I could try go to Thrill-Ville USA again and visit the Oak's Amusement Park.

I would save my money for more rides and I can't go trip with TPR because I had a new full time work.