Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 976 - Chocolatetown & New Roller Coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.

We also got no such candy at the end of the ride.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 am

prozach626 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.

We also got no such candy at the end of the ride.

They used to do it back when the ride opened years ago. First it was a Reese's mini, then it was a sample of whatever their newest candy was (like Kissables) then they just stopped doing it.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:23 am

but really. . who needs a free Reeses, when directly across from the 'ride" is a shop that sells these??

(three other flavors avail. at a shop near front gates too)
IMG_5204.JPG
IMG_5206.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:09 am

Dear God... How have I missed those?

I'm heading back there at some point over the next couple of weeks. I know what just jumped to the top of my agenda! :br
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:15 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Dear God... How have I missed those?

I'm heading back there at some point over the next couple of weeks. I know what just jumped to the top of my agenda! :br

Across from Reese's challenge options were:

Cookies and Cream (with ice cream sandwich on top)
Hershey's Chocolate (with a chocolate cupcake on top)
Reese's (with cheesecake on top)

all come with chocolate dipped pretzels, and glass rolled in frosting and ringed with chocolate/sprinkles/reeses pieces. . etc).
we got one of each in that pic :)

near the entrance, the options seemed to be:
Hershey's Chocolate
Apple Pie (with cinnamon buns on top, I think)
Strawberry Shortcake (with angel food cake on top)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 am

Oh wow, that shake is ridiculous. :lmao:

Sucks that they stopped the free Reese's on Cup Challenge. They were giving them out when I was there a year ago. (Has it been a whole year already?)

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 am

Wow. I don't buy anything other than beer at parks, but that is definitely something I will make an exception for the next time I'm at Hershey.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Postby prozach626 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:35 pm

^I'm with you Ed. However, we were so tempted, but we just couldn't let ourselves take the plunge on the delicious shakes. We did cave and get some signature cupcakes in Chocolate World. We'd seen them advertised on Facebook and they looked delicious. To be honest, they were kind of a let down.

I know I asked this before, but did anyone else feel like the Chocolate at Hershey in the resort, the park, and Chocolate World actually tasted better than when purchasing it elsewhere? I know it's really fresh, but we tried to be as objective as possible. We ate a couple free Hershey bars and Kisses that the resort gave us. We also sampled several of the miniatures in Chocolate World. Everything tasted smooth and melted in your mouth. We purchased a Hershey bar on the way home to test that theory and it just didn't have that melt in your mouth texture to it. It was probably in our heads, but we were pretty convinced at the time.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby amy_mel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

Those shakes are out of hand. 14 bucks (well worth it for the amount of stuff you get) and my 4 kids (2 teen boys and 2 younger girls) couldn't finish 1 that they were sharing. The flavors rotate at the stand near the carousel so you never know what will be offered there.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 am

Glad they turned out well! I kept seeing "Turkey Hill" ice cream everywhere and not Hershey, so I never bought in since Turkey Hill is a Kroger brand ice cream.

The Rita's at Hershey was offering Italian ice flights (4 different flavors) and you could add custard for 10 cents! Yes. 10 cents.

I've had Rita's a bunch before, but they had unique flavors like Sweedish Fish, Hawaiian Punch, Passion Fruit, and Grape! They were all delicious.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!