Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 953: Hersheypark teasing 2019 addition!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby freejaffa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:28 pm

JG-77 wrote:Lol, this thread begins with the announcement of the Reese’s Xtreme Challange (or whatever it’s proper name is) and now we have come full circle :lol:

Anyways, my family is planning to take a trip to Hersheypark using the sunset pass (we’re a family of 6 so this saves us over $130). We’re going some time next week, most likely Friday evening. Will this likely be enough time for all the coasters (except cocoa cruiser), major flats, and the Reese’s dark ride, plus rerides is major coasters? The sunset pass is good for 5pm until closing. Any tips for avoiding lines or just general things?

Tip:
1. If you’re staying at a Hershey property take advantage of sweet start. Get 2-3 rides on Skyrush, Comet, superdoper looper, and Great Bear opens up 30-40 minutes after the Hollow/Hill coasters.

2. Keep the Hershey app ready it’s as valuable as a fast pass (the ride wait time is posted on the app). Hershey has very good loose article policy, including letting you bring half cup of soada into the station as long as you hide it in your pocket.

3. Get to Laugh Track early (the line will not go down), the same is usaly true for Great Bear.

4. Hershey only has a few lower height limit coasters so they tend to get way longer lines than you may expect.

5. If you go to the water park may god have mercy on your soul.
Good luck.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:All I care about is that they keep the single rider line. It's so nice to be able to walk right onto an air conditioned shooter in the middle of summer.

Unfortunately it was removed sometime between mid April and late May. It is now the Fast Track line (Fast Track used to go through the exit).

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby amy_mel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:14 pm

freejaffa wrote:
JG-77 wrote:Lol, this thread begins with the announcement of the Reese’s Xtreme Challange (or whatever it’s proper name is) and now we have come full circle :lol:

Anyways, my family is planning to take a trip to Hersheypark using the sunset pass (we’re a family of 6 so this saves us over $130). We’re going some time next week, most likely Friday evening. Will this likely be enough time for all the coasters (except cocoa cruiser), major flats, and the Reese’s dark ride, plus rerides is major coasters? The sunset pass is good for 5pm until closing. Any tips for avoiding lines or just general things?

Tip:
1. If you’re staying at a Hershey property take advantage of sweet start. Get 2-3 rides on Skyrush, Comet, superdoper looper, and Great Bear opens up 30-40 minutes after the Hollow/Hill coasters.

2. Keep the Hershey app ready it’s as valuable as a fast pass (the ride wait time is posted on the app). Hershey has very good loose article policy, including letting you bring half cup of soada into the station as long as you hide it in your pocket.

3. Get to Laugh Track early (the line will not go down), the same is usaly true for Great Bear.

4. Hershey only has a few lower height limit coasters so they tend to get way longer lines than you may expect.

5. If you go to the water park may god have mercy on your soul.
Good luck.

They are using a sunset entry not a full day. And my instinct as a passholder is no. You will not get all of that done on a sunset entry. Laff Trak and Fahrenheit will have 45 minute to an hour wait each. Great Bear could easily be a half hour. The coasters are spread across the park. I don't know what you consider to be major flat rides but the Claw can easily get a 45 minute wait at times as well. You can probably get the coasters with the exception of LT and Fahrenheit and a good many flat rides on a sunset entry. Our weather lately would help you if you are coming in the next week or so. There is rain forecast almost every day from now to eternity (at least that's how it feels after 2 solid weeks).

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:48 pm

YoshiFan wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:All I care about is that they keep the single rider line. It's so nice to be able to walk right onto an air conditioned shooter in the middle of summer.

Unfortunately it was removed sometime between mid April and late May. It is now the Fast Track line (Fast Track used to go through the exit).

Aw man. :cry:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Tokyo DisneySea & Adventure City[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/f0367ec0b106006e1f2adca3eeac97da.jpg[/img][/url]

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Another question: How do Friday night (5pm-closing) crowds compare to Saturday night (same hours) crowds?

EDIT:Also, ere any of you guys aware of any discounts on daily or sunset tickets that may exist for Hersheypark?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:27 am

I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:
boldikus wrote:So I guess no one cares about Hersheys new for 2019 addition that was announced this morning?

Correct.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:nina:

Postby bert425 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.

hmm. .

rode it last Tuesday (so just under a week ago), and no chocolate (or Reese's) at the end.

but we did get chocolate from the dark ride at Chocolate World.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:48 pm

bert425 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.

hmm. .

rode it last Tuesday (so just under a week ago), and no chocolate (or Reese's) at the end.

but we did get chocolate from the dark ride at Chocolate World.

Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 pm

freejaffa wrote: Hershey has very good loose article policy, including letting you bring half cup of soada into the station as long as you hide it in your pocket.

I don't know why I'm so focused on this, but ummmm... what? Half a cup of soda in your pocket? Who does that? I'm literally so confused. If you meant a closed bottle with a screw top, then why would it have to be half full.

Anyways... just make sure you take it out of your pocket before riding. Otherwise it would be more like skyCRUSH!

I'll see myself out.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!