Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:56 am

^^ Nice trip report! Can't wait to get back there next Saturday and Sunday.

TBpony414 wrote:Can someone tell me what is inside the futuristic building by Triple Tower that says "Bblz" on it? We didn't have time to go inside and check it out. I asked a few ride employees and they all said they had no idea. Hmm, ok then!

I was thinking it was a bubble tea place, but what Boldikus posted above looks... uh... IDK. Yikes.

I was really disappointed that I still couldn't find a shirt I liked or a magnet. I would love a shirt for Storm Runner or Great Bear and a magnet of anything but a peanut butter cup or chocolate bar but there wasn't anything whatsoever in any of the shops I went in. This has been true for the past several visits as well. Is there a secret souvenir location that I don't know about?

Last time I was there, I found a green shirt with the Storm Runner logo on it at Hersheypark Outfitters, right by the main entrance. Super comfy too. Don't think I've ever seen anything Great Bear related though.
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:21 am

boldikus wrote:Nice little report.

Also,

http://stories.hersheypa.com/bblz-launches-first-permanent-location-at-hersheypark/

What is BBLz? Every BBLz beverage combines a soft drink from Pepsi-Cola’s portfolio, such as Pepsi®, Diet Pepsi®, Mountain Dew® and Mist Twst®, with fun ingredients, including Hershey’s confections, such as Reese’s Pieces Candy and Twizzlers Strawberry Twists, to create unique, whimsical beverages. Visitors can choose from seven innovative BBLz recipes, including:

WHIP SCREAM SUNDAE: Float away with this fizzy spin on a sundae, blending Pepsi, vanilla and cherry flavor, vanilla ice cream foam, Hershey’s Syrup (chocolate and caramel), vanilla frosting, maraschino cherries and sprinkles.
ALL-DAY PBJ: America’s favorite sandwich gets a sweet bubbly remix, combining Mist Twst grape flavor, sweet cream foam, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, grape jelly, peanut butter and Reese’s Pieces Candy.
LAFFING LIME: Spin your taste buds through pops of fruity flavors with a refreshing twist of Diet Mountain Dew® mixing lime and coconut flavor, lime popping candy, vanilla frosting, lemon gummy (candy) and cotton candy.

BBlz.jpg

I"m torn between thinking they look disgusting but also really wanting to try one. I will if its open when we're there in the fall.

Preston and I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool from WMMR got a sneak-peak taste of it when they did their annual Hersheypark broadcast in June and they really liked it. I'm intrigued myself.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby amy_mel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:20 pm

I've tried 2 flavors at bblz. Birthday Kiss and Melon Baller. I will say that while they were different and my kids really liked them, they were not (IMO) worth $7.49. Not even a little bit. The frosting is smeared on the outside of the bubble cup and is a mess. The bubbles are not easily cleaned and I refused to toss it for that much money so we walked around with sticky plastic balls in the heat. You can see how small they are in comparison to the Coke bottle next to it. If the cost doesn't make you say no and if the weird mix of flavors doesn't scare you away (mint chocolate Pepsi anyone? ) then go for the experience. I personally won't do it again.
1504293379858145098761.jpg

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:47 pm

^Wow that Bblz cup is seriously tiny!! Now that I know what it is, it's definitely not something that's up my alley but it seemed quite popular when I was there the other day.

Sadly I didn't see any Storm Runner shirts, or SR anything, at any of the shops including the big one up front. One of these years I'll get some SR merch!

Postby amy_mel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Not only is it tiny, they half fill it with crushed ice and soda then fill the rest with whatever foam goes with your chosen concoction. It's legit only half full of liquid.

Postby amy_mel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:02 pm

This is the Melon Baller one. The red is ice and Mist Twist. The green is lime flavored foam.
20170819_122738.jpg

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

^ That looks absolutely disgusting.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:22 pm

I really like the concept, and with my sweet tooth, some of the flavors sound appealing (I know, I'm still six years old inside) but that tiny cup just is not worth the money. That's disappointing. It can't cost them that much more to give you a decent serving for the money...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Yeah, it looked really cool to me, and the candy overload is just so appropriate at Hersheypark. But then I thought "that's the same price as a beer" and got a beer instead.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:23 am

If diabetes had a look, that creation would be it.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!