Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 670 - Hersheypark Announces "Laff Trakk" for 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Uber Designer

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Real » Sat May 26, 2012 7:18 pm

_koppen wrote:
Jakizle wrote:So I rode both I-305 and SkyRush today for the first time today and both are insane coasters, but completely different. SkyRush has more insane air while I-305 is more of a complete overall coaster. Best day of my life! Haha.

In line for SkyRush a 2nd time now at closing, so I'm about to have another ride under my belt to getter a better feel for the coaster. Loving this 45 minute line and can't wait for a full day at HP tomorrow!

You been on the probably two best coasters in the world in one day?
SCREW YOU!! :butt:

Exactly my sentiments. Im about to start hassling him on facebook over it :lol:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Sat May 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Jakizle wrote:In line for SkyRush a 2nd time now at closing, so I'm about to have another ride under my belt to getter a better feel for the coaster. Loving this 45 minute line and can't wait for a full day at HP tomorrow!

Me too.

Also have to say, I love the new SDL trains. No more knee banging!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby griffonj2022 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Just got back from a 3 hour ride home from Hersheypark, and all I can say is that SkyRush is definitely one amazing attraction!

Although we had to wait a little under two hours to get on it (we ran to the line right when we got through the gates, and where we started was by the last airtime hill next to Comet), I'd say that for being opening day for the coaster and my brother's 13th birthday, it was definitely worth the wait. The line, although seemingly endless, moved at a steady pace and we were on the stairs in what felt like a few hours, but in reality was only about one and a half. Once on the stairs, the line picked up, and next thing we knew we were in row 4 and I was sitting in a wing seat... :b

The seats are extremely comfortable, and the lap bar is interesting and quite cool. However, the attendant on the ride pressed my restraint down even more than I had anticipated, so I was a little squished from the get-go. But, I did like the overall design on everything in the station, aside from the one-sided load/unload.

The lift is so fast you really have no idea when you're at the top until you're already going down the first drop. Airtime? Meet SkyRush. :airtime: The first drop is everything you'd expect, and at the bottom I was seeing a few stars. The first hill is taken so fast you're throw right up and out, and before you can really comprehend how intense the airtime is you're thrown into another high speed turn. This one I didn't see stars on, but it was definitely fast and intense. The second airtime hill is better than the first, as this one throws you out even more than the other one did.

The high speed turn following the second airtime hill is fun, and the Stengel Dive I surprisingly saw stars on (I was in the left wing seat). Coming out of the Stengel Dive I also got a good pop of airtime, as well as some going into the final turnaround over Spring Creek. The twisty over the water was great, and it essentially throws your body up out and off to the side, offering some really unique airtime. The final, albeit tiny, airtime hill offers the most intense and high-flying airtime I have ever experienced, and it really felt like I was being thrown into the trees or Comet in the distance.

The final turn is pretty smooth and the rest is what you'd expect, but overall I was really pleased. I wasn't too sure about the winged seating arrangement, but it was fun, even though I never really focused on the wing aspect as much as I did the track and the ride itself. The wing seats also got a little more rattle and vibration than the standard seats did, but that seems to be the norm on a winged coaster.

Also, the trims on the ride really have no impact on the ride experience, as the airtime was phenomenal and the speed was never-ending. By the time I was sitting on the brake run, I was stuck in my seat with the lap bar squishing my thighs to the point that they almost lost circulation :p .

Overall, it's a great addition to Hersheypark, and I'm happy to say I rode it on opening day. While I wish I got the opportunity to ride the standard seat too, I'm still happy with just riding SkyRush in general. While some say there is 5 moments of airtime, I got 7, and it was all like this :airtime: ...perfect! It was one of the best coasters I have been on in a long time, and I will post pictures attached to this post tomorrow!

Get to Hershey and Ride the Edge!
Hersheypark 2012 004 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 005 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 006 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 007 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 008 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 009 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 010 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 011 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 012 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 013 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 014 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 015 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 016 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 017 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 018 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 022 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 025 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 027 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 029 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 032 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 033 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 034 - Copy.JPG
NERD SHOT
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 035 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 039 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 040 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 042 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 044 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 045 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 046 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 048 - Copy.JPG
Viewed 547 times
Hersheypark 2012 062 - Copy.JPG
And that's all!
Viewed 547 times
Last edited by griffonj2022 on Sun May 27, 2012 6:32 pm.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Sat May 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Just wondering, is it likely for Hershey Park to eventually create an unlimited Fast Track pass in the future?

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Sat May 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Like Jake, I also rode both I305 and SkyRush today. I won't write some lengthy novel comparing the two, but here are some quick thoughts.

Both are completely insane, although I prefer the overall ride experience of I305. Hand down though, SkyRush had the most intense airtime out of any coaster that I've been on.

I'd definitely rank SkyRush up there with my all time favorite coasters: I305, Nemesis, Tobu Zoo's mega-lite, and El Toro.

It was super-smooth, although the lap bar was kinda uncomfortable. I think the I305 style restraints (with the soft straps) were much better.

Was SkyRusg the hands down omfg best coaster ever?!?! Probably not. But it sits in with some REALLY good company.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sat May 26, 2012 8:39 pm

After my 2nd ride tonight after park closing, I really like SkyRush a lot more than I thought. I was better prepared for the extreme airtime and enjoyed it a heck of a lot more. It's just OMFG insane and you have to be ready for it. It will be interested to ride tomorrow during the day after just 2 night rides tonight. Can't complain about those 45 min waits though, I guess the rain cleared it out tonight? Regardless incredible ride! Definitely my #2 right behind i305.

Also, about the whole winged vs non winged thing...it didn't make a difference to me. It's just a 4 across hyper train. Both seats were equally as good, I even prefer the view of the raised middle seats. The sensations weren't any different.

I just wish they could speed up the boarding somehow...the dispatch times were insane and made 2 train operation almost pointless. I'm sure it will pick up with time and more experience for the ops, and the line moved quick regardless.

Still can't believe how strong the airtime is though...and in shock that something like this has been built. OMFG!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Intimidator305 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm REALLY liking these good reviews of Skyrush comparing it to Intimidator 305. If those who have Intimidator 305 as number 1 and rank Skyrush as number 2 (or top 5), then that just gives me even more motivation to get up to Hershey as soon as possible! From the sounds of it, Hersheypark definitely has a winner on their hands. Congrats to them and Intamin!

And I'm beyond jealous of those who rode both Intimidator 305 and Skyrush in the same day. :omg:

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Legoguy1395 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:26 am

Hey guys, I NEED to know about what the lines/d will be on Wednesday/Thursday of next week, and about how long skyrush's will be. Thanks! :br

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 27, 2012 8:29 am

Has anyone ridden Wildcat this year? Has it gotten any better or is it still pulverizing your innards into mush?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 am

Legoguy1395 wrote:Hey guys, I NEED to know about what the lines/d will be on Wednesday/Thursday of next week, and about how long skyrush's will be. Thanks! :br

Hi - let's just stop and think about this for a moment - SkyRush hasn't even been open yet on a Wednesday/Thursday.... EVER.... so how is anyone supposed to be able to predict how long the line will be?

Assume the line will be LONG, and anything shorter is a bonus.

There's your answer. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!