Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 928: New Breakers Edge Water Coaster construction photos
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Tanks4me05 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:22 am

^*6: Third to last photo, the reach envelope is on the break run, so we could see testing soon! :airtime:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:26 am

Tanks4me05 wrote:^*6: Third to last photo, the reach envelope is on the break run, so we could see testing soon! :airtime:

Looks like the reach envelope hits the railing on the walkway, so we may see some reconstruction before testing begins.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:39 pm

^Perspective. The reach envelope is in front of the catwalks, so it's overlapping in the picture but isn't hitting them. You can see where it is in the picture of Comet Hollow taken from the Skyride (fifth picture down), and it hasn't moved from that picture for the one you're talking about - it's still on that small set of brakes just after the turn over Comet's station.

Hopefully we will see testing soon now that it's reached the brake run, though! Seriously looking forward to it.

Also, is there any say of whether they're leaving Comet's line like that or covering it at all? It'd be nice to have a cover again over the main portion, like before that Skyrush support just next to the ramp.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:33 pm

I really appreciate Comet's entrance ramp getting "opened" up. Before when it was hot out, it got so stuffy standing in line on the ramp with no air moving behind that wall.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:49 pm

^I paid more attention to the fact that as most people couldn't see over the wall until the end of the queue, it felt like the park was attempting to separate the guests from each other, and now it seems more inviting, relaxing, and aesthetically pleasing.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Plus, that former exit ramp is finally gone. I really like the way Comet turned out as a result of the Hollow revamp.

I'm glad they decided to open up more space in the Hollow, so this certainly isn't a complaint by any means, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to build small row of game stalls from the edge of the new Comet queue up to the curb next to the Skyrush station, to minimize the change to the area. I'm glad they went for the trees and midway practically right under the brake run instead.

I can't wait to see this thing start testing...I'm already looking forward to my visit to ride it! :b

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Milo1188 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 am

I ended up with two extra tickets to the Northrop Grumman employee appreciation day this Saturday, April 21st and wanted to offer them up here. It's a closed park event so that means small lines and apparently all the business types end up leaving early. I'm assuming all the rides that were open during Springtime in the Park will be open (and who knows, maybe SkyRush will be testing :butt: ).

Gates open at 9:30, park opens at 10:00 and closes at 6:30. $40 a piece, $75 for the pair. We'll be heading to the park for 9:30, so we can arrange to meet at the entrance plaza around then to do the exchange. :airtime: :airtimer:
Last edited by Milo1188 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 pm.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:25 am

cfc wrote:
Meteornotes wrote:Didn't they change the menu at the BBQ place or something? I seem to recall them taking away some really good menu items.

dt

Now that you mention it, I heard that they had changed food providers (or something).

If you are talking about the place down by Trailblazer, yes they did change the food providers last year. It's not actually "pit" roast beef anymore. You used to be able to get a roast beef sub piled with meat but now you just get a roll with 2 slices of roast beef. That place was always my favorite to eat at :-(

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 am

^Freeman's BBQ used to be one of my favorite places to eat at any amusement park. I didn't try the BBQ last year since my one trip to Hershey was with TPR and included a catered lunch. All my other food money was spent on sweets, ice cream and Hershey's take on s'mores.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:05 pm

larrygator wrote:^Freeman's BBQ used to be one of my favorite places to eat at any amusement park. I didn't try the BBQ last year since my one trip to Hershey was with TPR and included a catered lunch. All my other food money was spent on sweets, ice cream and Hershey's take on s'mores.

One of my favorites too, I actually ordered the new sandwich and got the "small roll with 2 slices". I felt I had to get the sandwich but when I went to pay, they said "$8.00 something". For me to say I didn't want it is a big deal but there was no way I was paying that.

Skyrush looks amazing and can't wait to check it out in June!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!