Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 928: New Breakers Edge Water Coaster construction photos
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 pm

A big thanks for all the detailed reviews I've seen so far, and I'm looking forward to more!

Skyrush sounds phenomenal and I can't wait to ride it. I guess people really weren't joking when they predicted high demand for the wing seats; I honestly have given up and imagine I won't try too hard for one, at least at first.

My main concern so far is the reported auto-staple from the forces. Hopefully it's not too painful, and occurs late enough in the ride that I can still enjoy some freedom.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Lost My Veganity on the New Hotness trip.

Postby dylanreich » Sat May 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:
Thri!!er wrote:Another (High-Definition) pic from the "SooperDooperLooper" testing-phase, made (Source) by the Flickr.com-Photostream by Ride Entertainment Group.

Why do all the water dummies have duct tape over their eyes? They know their not real people right? Right?

My guess it that it's to reflect the sun away from the water?
YOLO all day errday
Steel: 1.Skull Mountain 2.X2 3.I-305 4.Tatsu 5.Storm Runner 6.Volcano
Wood: 1.Phoenix 2.Thunderhead 3.El Toro 4.Apocalypse 5.Lightning Racer

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Sat May 26, 2012 2:47 pm

The Skyrush lift hill seems to be alternating between two modes: One goes at full speed the entire way up, the other goes slowly until the other train is in the station and then speeds up to about 2/3 of full speed.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm

I am a bit surprised they did not use a GIB-style loading system, where they have 16 airgates instead of eight, two for each car; two riders for winged seats, two for the floored seats. And, they could have signs in the queue explaining the system, to hopefully avoid confusion.

Also, the problem with Hersheypark ops, from what I have observed, is that they seem to spend a lot of time doing nothing. They actually move at a descent speed, but, once I visited to see the Great Bear crew waiting for the trains to stack before even starting to check restraints. For some reason, I can see the ops on Skyrush doing the same thing.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BDD27 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:18 pm

With Skyrush now open Hershey is honestly one of my favorite parks, but looking back and seeing how they seem to put in a coaster every 4 or so years makes me wonder... When the time does come in a few years for their next coaster, is there any space left in the Park? If you look at it basically all the useable land is being used now. I know parks have jammed coasters in before, but I don't see how they will be able to fit any more major additions.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Sat May 26, 2012 3:24 pm

BDD27 wrote:With Skyrush now open Hershey is honestly one of my favorite parks, but looking back and seeing how they seem to put in a coaster every 4 or so years makes me wonder... When the time does come in a few years for their next coaster, is there any space left in the Park? If you look at it basically all the useable land is being used now. I know parks have jammed coasters in before, but I don't see how they will be able to fit any more major additions.

Let's not bring up the whole "Park has no room for major coaster" debate again. If a park wants to have a coaster, they will make room for it.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BDD27 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:33 pm

I was also wondering how to get the most out of my day when I go. I am going to the park in a few weeks. I really want to ride everything, including skyrush, but I am probably not going to get to the park until about 11 and I'm not really sure how to go from there. Any advice?

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:13 pm

If they don't work through the loading issues people are mentioning it's going to be a looong summer. Any sort of soft-opening would've really helped them work out these kinks before the summer crowds got there. Oh well. Hopefully they'll find a way to enforce people walking to the last available seat in their row - you can fight over the winged seats within your group, but you can't take that from other groups, that's not fair at all.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:18 pm

^I think they might've had a soft opening. According to this video's description, Skyrush was up and running Friday night.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:40 pm

^Damn, that hill is sexy!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!