Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 928: New Breakers Edge Water Coaster construction photos
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Meteornotes » Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 am

All of this is why I'm waiting until much later in the summer to visit the park. Let them get their dispatch times and such worked out.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat May 26, 2012 9:09 am

Chalk up another one for HP, Wildcat and Lightning Racer are both closed.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Synshine » Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 am

Thom25 wrote:Skyrush is not part of the Hershey fast track program.

Not this year. But in the future..absolutely.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 am

So 5 of the 12 coasters in this park are currently not operating, did Six Flags take over this park without anyone noticing?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mikehaggar » Sat May 26, 2012 9:20 am

Just got home from the park a little while ago. Skyrush was INCREDIBLE. Admittedly, I haven't rode as many coasters as a lot of you here, but Skyrush is definitely unlike anything I have ever experienced. The amount of airtime is awesome! Also, speed is not an issue through the second half of the layout. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to take a middle seat (in the very back) and I suspect the stengel dive was not as "intense" because of that.

I really think Hershey and Intamin outdid themselves on this one though. Just a really intense, fantastic, unique experience! I have absolutely no criticism of this ride whatsoever. I cannot wait to ride it again (and am considering heading back over at some point today to get back in line :p)!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Sat May 26, 2012 10:35 am

Thom25 wrote:Totally forgot about the single rider line! Wasn't that the purpose of the middle staircase? I thought they had one for Skyrush.

The middle is for the front row (and the line for the front goes all the way down the stairs).

On the plus side today, Storm Runner was a 1-train wait.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:13 am

amy_mel wrote:I'm tempted to say Fahrenheit also. It's almost painful to wait in that line when it has a full queue. There's little shade and I don't recall any misters being on in the line. Not to mention watching the trains stacking on the brake run. Then again Sky Rush is an unknown. There could be the typical problems running a brand new coaster.

Your recollections of Fahrenheit are incorrect. At least in its opening year, it had misters. I remember specifically placing my hat over one of them so it would get all nice and soaked, cooling off my head.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:17 pm

By the looks of the weather channel you might not have to worry about misters!! There are some severe T-storms just about to land there in the next little bit.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby IanKgtr » Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 pm

mikehaggar wrote:Just got home from the park a little while ago. Skyrush was INCREDIBLE. Admittedly, I haven't rode as many coasters as a lot of you here, but Skyrush is definitely unlike anything I have ever experienced. The amount of airtime is awesome! Also, speed is not an issue through the second half of the layout. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to take a middle seat (in the very back) and I suspect the stengel dive was not as "intense" because of that.

I really think Hershey and Intamin outdid themselves on this one though. Just a really intense, fantastic, unique experience! I have absolutely no criticism of this ride whatsoever. I cannot wait to ride it again (and am considering heading back over at some point today to get back in line :p)!

Hey, it's my riding partner!

I agree with everything Mike said, as we talked about most of it. The operations were unusually slow due to the loading and unloading taking place on the same side-- everyone from the previous train had to clear before new riders entered, and the path along the side of the station was narrow. But there were employees at the base of the stairs, at the merge point into the station, and inside the station trying to maximize efficiency. The single-row boarding didn't seem to confuse anyone, but there was certainly a much higher demand for the wing seats than the floored ones, and the latter often went empty. Although Mike and I both wanted wing seats, we filled in the middle two since they were empty (a pair of riders before us took the wing seats). Even though I didn't get the seat I was aiming for, the ride was still fantastic and I loved every second. I made some pros and cons below:

Pros:
The lift: fast and steep, surprisingly so, even after riding Millie and I305.
The drop: a host of airtime in the back, even if I did feel a little bit of rattle.
The airtime: glorious. Simply glorious. You fly out atop every hill and stay there until the end of your descent.
The restraints: very open and unrestrictive, which pairs nicely with the airtime.

Cons:
The loading: as said before, the same-side loading/unloading and the wing seats make for inefficient, awkward boarding.
The restraints: although they provide great freedom, the lap bars are quite hard and squeeze tightly. Even though I had plenty of room in the station, the forces of the ride had me stapled by the end, and I'm a pretty skinny kid.

In the end, the pros outweighed the cons, and Skyrush is now in fierce competition with El Toro for my #2 coaster.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 pm

Thri!!er wrote:Another (High-Definition) pic from the "SooperDooperLooper" testing-phase, made (Source) by the Flickr.com-Photostream by Ride Entertainment Group.

Why do all the water dummies have duct tape over their eyes? They know their not real people right? Right?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!