Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 903: Breakers Edge Water Coaster & Whitecap Racer details
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Jcoaster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:46 pm

What do crowds tend to look like Columbus Day weekend?
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Nonexistent.

The park won't be open.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Hopefully the park considers opening those days to pass holders maybe in upcoming seasons since those are usually buyout days. I like how they are trying it on September 30th this year, the park is closed to the public but pass holders can attend as well.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 am

Can anyone tell me what crowds are like during Christmas Candyland? were thinking of going the first weekend its open, I've never done a park outside of Disney at Christmas Time. I've also been to Hershey plenty of times during the summer, so I was just wondering what the comparison is too that.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:122
STEEL:94
WOOD:28
PARKS:24

Postby coasterbill » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:54 am

CNYCoasterguy11 wrote:Can anyone tell me what crowds are like during Christmas Candyland? were thinking of going the first weekend its open, I've never done a park outside of Disney at Christmas Time. I've also been to Hershey plenty of times during the summer, so I was just wondering what the comparison is too that.

It probably depends a lot on weather. We stopped by for a few hours last year on a random Sunday in December when it was unseasonably warm out and ended up waiting 45 minutes for Looper. Laff Trakk was well over an hour.

Postby alilstronger » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

CNYCoasterguy11 wrote:Can anyone tell me what crowds are like during Christmas Candyland? were thinking of going the first weekend its open, I've never done a park outside of Disney at Christmas Time. I've also been to Hershey plenty of times during the summer, so I was just wondering what the comparison is too that.

It can be very crowded. Now that they are opening more and more rides for the holiday event I would expect there to be more and more people. Especially since the past few winters have been unseasonably more warmer.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:42 am

Does anybody else find it absolutely ludicrous that the one weekend the park is closed in October is the holiday weekend? Just seems like crazy to me....

Very disappointing as we were going to go here Sunday after Phoenix Fall Fun Fest. Guess we'll have to go somewhere else.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby josephcissell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:20 pm

coastermaniac wrote:Well here's my video blog from a visit to a fantastic amusement park over the summer. This park has never ceased to amaze me with all its great rides and overall atmosphere.

I always enjoy your park videos and I appreciate the perspective you provide. Really want to get to Hersheypark one of these days, and this gives a nice taste of what a day there is like. Thanks!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Everyone else said it would be crowded but I had the exact opposite experience. Granted, it was also in the mid-30 degrees on my visit. Everything that was advertised to be open WAS open, though! Those icy rides on Wildcat will stick with me for a while! We had a great time and blew through everything they had to offer in a little over three hours. Make sure you take full advantage of the hot chocolate mug deal! Last year it was something like $10 or $11 to buy the souvenir mug/thermos and refills were free all night. We bought one to share and refilled that bad boy at least nine times! Hershey's hot chocolate is also the best damn hot chocolate I've had, so go wild!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GnastyGnoric7 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Christmas Candylane is very dependent on weather. I can say from experience that if it is nice out, it will be busy. If it is cold out, it won't be busy.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5aa0eaad4726c9c20252cb701744a4a8.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!