Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 903: Breakers Edge Water Coaster & Whitecap Racer details
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 pm

coasterbill wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:^ I don't do any of that stuff. I stay nice and warm inside my apartment.

Thanks! People like you are the reason I can ride coasters in December with no lines. Really appreciate it.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Sven18 wrote:There is more to do in the winter than ride coasters in 20 degree weather

Like shovel, dodge massive potholes, sit around wishing it wasn't winter, drive to work when it's dark, drive home when it's dark even though it's only 5:00 and eventually get so sick of winter's bullsh*t that you buy plane tickets to Florida so you can get away from the snow? That's what 90% of people do in the winter. Winter sucks hard. Occasionally we'll go skiing so we can try to embrace winter and pretend it doesn't suck but overall it sucks and we all know it sucks. Being able to ride Nitro makes it suck less. F*ck winter. :lol:

Thank god theme parks are expanding their holiday events. It's great.

Not being a Winter Sports guy (or a Winter guy in general), I'm all about the concept of riding coasters in the Winter! I've never done it, and no parks nearby really run any of those promotions. But I like the concept!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:53 am

Sven18 wrote:
alilstronger wrote:I LOVE that more and more parks are opening their doors for the winter holiday season. I agree that Hershey opening yet another coaster is a way to stay relevant within the amusement park world.

There is more to do in the winter than ride coasters in 20 degree weather. April thru October is plenty. People need to diversify their hobbies.

Well for some of us coasters/amusement parks are our greatest passion - we live and breath them. I think a lot of people here can agree with me on that. So, we are going to look for every opportunity to go to them. I am confused why you are a member of a amusement park/roller coaster enthusiast forum if you do not feel that same way?

To say people need to diversify their hobbies is jumping to some pretty high conclusions. I for one have many passions/hobbies. Luckily, they all can fit together nicely. Also, I HATE winter and the cold so there is not much that I enjoy doing when its cold out. However, if an amusement park is going to open its gates for me in the winter and it happens to be a nice day (we have 60 degree days here during the winter) I am going, especially if its Hershey or a Six Flags since I carry a yearly season pass to them.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:18 pm

coasterbill wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:^ I don't do any of that stuff. I stay nice and warm inside my apartment.

Thanks! People like you are the reason I can ride coasters in December with no lines. Really appreciate it.

Sven18 wrote:There is more to do in the winter than ride coasters in 20 degree weather

Like shovel, dodge massive potholes, sit around wishing it wasn't winter, drive to work when it's dark, drive home when it's dark even though it's only 5:00 and eventually get so sick of winter's bullsh*t that you buy plane tickets to Florida so you can get away from the snow? That's what 90% of people do in the winter. Winter sucks hard. Occasionally we'll go skiing so we can try to embrace winter and pretend it doesn't suck but overall it sucks and we all know it sucks. Being able to ride Nitro makes it suck less. F*ck winter. :lol:

Thank god theme parks are expanding their holiday events. It's great.

Couldn't agree more - it just seems like summer flew by this year too. I am not looking forward to another winter yet, so I am hoping that the fall will be nice - and I will be able to get to at least one fall or winter theme park event!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Well here's my video blog from a visit to a fantastic amusement park over the summer. This park has never ceased to amaze me with all its great rides and overall atmosphere.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Sven18 wrote:
alilstronger wrote:I LOVE that more and more parks are opening their doors for the winter holiday season. I agree that Hershey opening yet another coaster is a way to stay relevant within the amusement park world.

There is more to do in the winter than ride coasters in 20 degree weather. April thru October is plenty. People need to diversify their hobbies.

I actually prefer riding coasters in 30 degree weather than 95 degree weather in the summers. I actually don't go to parks very often, if at all in July or August. It's normally too crowded and too hot for me.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:32 am

coastermaniac wrote:Well here's my video blog from a visit to a fantastic amusement park over the summer. This park has never ceased to amaze me with all its great rides and overall atmosphere.

Nice video. I f**king love this park. If the stars align I'll be back next month!
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby amy_mel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:55 am

boldikus wrote:^ That's what gloves are for!

10665049_10207634403132506_9082570495290779997_n.jpg

I think its hilarious that so many enthusiasts scoff at the idea of riding coasters in the cold, yet people do all sorts of activities outside in the cold in winter months - skiing, snowboarding, sledding, etc. Just bundle up, its fun!!

Actually I have a medical condition that makes me more sensitive to the cold than the average person. You guys can have my place in line from October through April. Even with a snowboard jacket, gloves, hat, abbr scarf I wouldn't be able to do it.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:28 am

I personally dislike riding coasters in freezing weather. Many coasters run noticeably slower in the cold. I hate anything that slows down my coaster experience.

Oh, I don't actually care too much about the temperature. As long as there are rides open, I'm on them! (I have experienced SFMM with temperatures in the low forties. I would take low thirties as long as I had a good quality jacket).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:40 am

I dress for the worst (double under armour, winter jacket, hat, gloves) and shed layers if needed.

Don't some parks switch out wheels for the colder weather? I think I saw that on the Great Adventure forum for Nitro.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Postby prozach626 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:36 pm

coastermaniac wrote:Well here's my video blog from a visit to a fantastic amusement park over the summer. This park has never ceased to amaze me with all its great rides and overall atmosphere.

I always enjoy watching your vlogs, especially when I can get a feel for a park I haven't yet visited. Thanks for posting.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!