Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 903: Breakers Edge Water Coaster & Whitecap Racer details
Users viewing this topic: Myself and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby amy_mel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:25 am

Skyrush in sub 30 degree temps????? Even I would pass on that one. My hands would be too numb to hold on!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:17 am

^ That's what gloves are for!

10665049_10207634403132506_9082570495290779997_n.jpg
Who needs to hold on anyway?!

I think its hilarious that so many enthusiasts scoff at the idea of riding coasters in the cold, yet people do all sorts of activities outside in the cold in winter months - skiing, snowboarding, sledding, etc. Just bundle up, its fun!!
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:24 am

^ I don't do any of that stuff. I stay nice and warm inside my apartment.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:27 am

You sound like a ton of fun.
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Jason Maier » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am

boldikus wrote:^ That's what gloves are for!

10665049_10207634403132506_9082570495290779997_n.jpg

I think its hilarious that so many enthusiasts scoff at the idea of riding coasters in the cold, yet people do all sorts of activities outside in the cold in winter months - skiing, snowboarding, sledding, etc. Just bundle up, its fun!!

Coastering in the fall/winter is way more enjoyable than getting scorched in July/August . . . (BTW, my favorite cold weather coaster is Roar at SFA)

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:46 pm

boldikus wrote:^ That's what gloves are for!

Or just don't hold on :Pr
Peek a boo!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:37 pm

I LOVE that more and more parks are opening their doors for the winter holiday season. I agree that Hershey opening yet another coaster is a way to stay relevant within the amusement park world.

I think they know people come to ride these rides. People are going to ride them regardless if its 100 degrees or 20 degrees. I went to Great Adventure the first year they had their holiday event and I think it was a well done event with a great number of rides open. Also, the weather changes consistently especially in the MD, PA, DE, VA area. One day in the winter it can be 30 degrees and the next it can be 60 degrees. When I went Great Adventure's event it was in the mid 50's all day. Perfect temp to ride all of the rides in a hoodie.

Will we see eventually where every ride is open? That is definitely a possibility but they need bodies to run them rides.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sven18 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:36 pm

alilstronger wrote:I LOVE that more and more parks are opening their doors for the winter holiday season. I agree that Hershey opening yet another coaster is a way to stay relevant within the amusement park world.

There is more to do in the winter than ride coasters in 20 degree weather. April thru October is plenty. People need to diversify their hobbies.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:44 pm

njcoasterguy34 wrote:^ I don't do any of that stuff. I stay nice and warm inside my apartment.

Thanks! People like you are the reason I can ride coasters in December with no lines. Really appreciate it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:13 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:^ I don't do any of that stuff. I stay nice and warm inside my apartment.

Thanks! People like you are the reason I can ride coasters in December with no lines. Really appreciate it.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Sven18 wrote:There is more to do in the winter than ride coasters in 20 degree weather

Like shovel, dodge massive potholes, sit around wishing it wasn't winter, drive to work when it's dark, drive home when it's dark even though it's only 5:00 and eventually get so sick of winter's bullsh*t that you buy plane tickets to Florida so you can get away from the snow? That's what 90% of people do in the winter. Winter sucks hard. Occasionally we'll go skiing so we can try to embrace winter and pretend it doesn't suck but overall it sucks and we all know it sucks. Being able to ride Nitro makes it suck less. F*ck winter. :lol:

Thank god theme parks are expanding their holiday events. It's great.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!